Sign in to follow this  
Christnme

Faith in Faithless World

Am I the only one who sees the lack of faith in this modern day age?

All over the world, there is strife, anger and rebellious lewd spirits roaming about. America, our "Great Country" is getting closer and closer to becoming the modern day Sodam and Gomora, full of lust and pride. How have we become so separated from God? 

When I was a child, nearly everyone was a Christian, not downing other people's beliefs, (even though they are worshipping false gods, and thats for God to judge). But Christ was the driving force behind this country's motives. Now money, power (the abuse of it), lust, are the motives of the people. 

How do we combat this? By spreading God's Word, His Love, and His Message, even if it is in the most subtle of ways. God is returning to claim his true followers. I am not going to bury the coin, (the gift that God has given me), and wait for His return. I aim to spread His message. In truth and humbleness until boldness is called for.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Welcome to worthy :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome.

Welcome to Worthy,  Christnme!  😊  

Welcome to Worthy!

On 11/13/2018 at 8:59 AM, Christnme said:

I am not going to bury the coin, (the gift that God has given me), and wait for His return. I aim to spread His message. In truth and humbleness until boldness is called for.

Well said my friend!

Our goal is not just sitting around complaining, but we can hasten the return of the Lord (2Peter 3:12), by spreading the Gospel (Matthew 24:14) and with our prayers(Luke 18:1-8, Revelation 22:17, 22-20, Lord prayer), if we understand them correctly (Matthew 6:5-6)

So let's spread this great news, instead of just complaining!

God bless you

Thank You for the Warm Welcome! I am new to "Forums", so hopefully I am replying to everyone above. 

I just want to do more. More for God, I know He does not need me, but I know I need Him. And I know He has a purpose for me on His behalf, and I think I am finally taking the first steps toward what He has in store for me. Thank You for listening! Blessings to You All, in Jesus' name! Amen!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

I cannot speak for others as I am unfortunate to say that I have come across those who only talk the talk, but do NOT walk the walk. Some of us are not afraid to preach the Gospel with boldness in a world where "professing" Christians are ashamed of the Gospel. I had to do a speech today for my brother who had just passed away. I did not prepare my speech ahead of time; but rather I let the Holy Spirit speak through my heart with boldness. I did NOT sugarcoat the message with preaching one side of the coin -- I preached on the free gift of Eternal Life through the precious blood of Jesus Christ; and the consequences of "rejecting" this offer of God's unfathomable love. I can assure you that the moment I mentioned what it would profit a man if he gained the whole world but lost his soul? I immediately got dirty looks because there were plenty of entrepeneurs and business savvy people who were living life for this world only -- and after its lusts and carnality. Now knowing this . . . if a person is not interested in the Truth after preaching to him/her over and over again; then forcing the Gospel down someone's throat isn't going to help. We have to use "discernment" in casting our pearls before those who will only use it to tear us to shreds; and I have seen this plenty of times. We are to use our time and talents "wisely" to those who have "ears to hear", and a heart to understand. Then pray that the LORD will open their hearts.

"Preach the word: be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. (2 Timothy 4:2)"

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1