Scott Free

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

Reference: What Do Addicts Need from You?

Edited by Scott Free

• 1 year later...

Outstanding question that truly, should have been dealt with long before today.

Much could be said to answer your question, and truly, books have been written. But quickly, I would say that first, Addicts need the "normies" of the world to be paying attention. Fake Christians don't pay attention to the poor and the oppressed, for they're too busy trying to impress others. We must be kind, gentle, patient and understanding. We need to realize that an Addicts Sinful Nature has yet likely to have been cut out and removed by Jesus. Since this is the case, their mind is covered by a Holy Veil, a Curse that causes confusion. If we can just grasp this, then patience and understanding becomes not just easy, but a lifestyle.

Above all, addicts need our love, regardless of what the addiction is. Listening with a diligent ear will ease most hardened hearts!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

your money to spend

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

What we need is the Fruit of the Spirit before we can do anything for an addict.  We need to be a solid, loving, patient person they know they can go to.  They need the truth spoken to them in love.  What they "want" from others may be a whole different story.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony.  I use to wonder why God didn't do to me like he did others. Some were delivered on the spot instantly.  This was not me.  The more I tried to get free the worse it got.  It was years later that I realized that God will interact with you, not like everyone else but in a way you understand.  Hence, a personal relationship.  We can do nothing on our own.  One day I was listening to some Sermons from Joseph Prince on my lunch hour and thinking about grace.  The holy spirit spoke to my spirit and asked me "what do you have faith to believe for?"  Good question.  I said Lord I may not have faith for everything but I do have faith that you can take this desire from me.  I like to drink but know I need to stop.  Lord, please take this from me.  Wow, within a week or two I noticed I hadn't wanted to drink and in fact really didn't want to drink at all.  A few months went by and still no drinking. I know to trust God and that he can do it but for some reason I felt I needed to test this out.  I went and bought a beer and forced myself to try it.  I honestly had lost my taste for it.  It was awful and did nothing for me.  Something had definitely changed!  That was in 2007 and I have not had that desire since!  I use to go to AA and count the days and years and get my coins.  Now I don't drink anymore so no need to get a coin.  God had changed my desire and taken that one away and began giving me new desires.  For me, it wasn't instantly but it was sure.  Don't look at what God did and how for someone else, just know that he can do it for you and "Have faith for it" he is faithful and came to give you life abundantly!  Praise God!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 3/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, OneLight said:

What we need is the Fruit of the Spirit before we can do anything for an addict.  We need to be a solid, loving, patient person they know they can go to.  They need the truth spoken to them in love.  What they "want" from others may be a whole different story.

I agree with you. They need the truth. After their minds have digested that I guess they will do what they want to do.