• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

We know through the scriptures that God not only loves us all, but He IS love. Yet, it has always felt like it is not very "love like" to harden Pharaohs heart just so an example could be made from him.

Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Any thoughts on this?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

plus let's not forget he thought himself to be god … so we know who his fatherly influence was! 

Edited by enoob57
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

12 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

We know through the scriptures that God not only loves us all, but He IS love. Yet, it has always felt like it is not very "love like" to harden Pharaohs heart just so an example could be made from him.

Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Any thoughts on this?

By the time pharaohs heart was hardened 2 things happened: 1) Hebrews have been enslaved for 430 years. And there was no single thought in pharaohs heart to free them and give them equal rights. Instead he 2) arranged that they would kill their own children. 

If not for Miraculous Intervention, they would have been tortured like that indefinitely. 

By The Great Mercy from Above pharaoh got way less than he deserved. 

Psalm 69: 26-27

3 minutes ago, justme007 said:

By the time pharaohs heart was hardened 2 things happened: 1) Hebrews have been enslaved for 430 years. And there was no single thought in pharaohs heart to free them and give them equal rights. Instead he 2) arranged that they would kill their own children. 

If not for Miraculous Intervention, they would have been tortured like that indefinitely. 

By The Great Mercy from Above pharaoh got way less than he deserved. 

Psalm 69: 26-27

I understand all that, but could God not have moved on Pharaohs will, and softened his heart... granted it would not have made such a great bible story, and I am sure God did it because the people needed to see the hand of God in action. We Christians all get way less than we deserve.

A thought just came to me, I wonder if Pharaohs heart was hardened because God did move on his heart to soften it, and he rebelled againsed God, because, that will harden ones heart.

11 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

I understand all that, but could God not have moved on Pharaohs will, and softened his heart... granted it would not have made such a great bible story, and I am sure God did it because the people needed to see the hand of God in action. We Christians all get way less than we deserve.

A thought just came to me, I wonder if Pharaohs heart was hardened because God did move on his heart to soften it, and he rebelled againsed God, because, that will harden ones heart.

Pharoahs heart was hard because he chose his gods over GOD.  He believed himself to be a god himself who was the mediator on earth between men and  these gods. He got his just reward.

Blaspheme  YHWH and nothing good comes from it.

Which btw; its not a fantasical bible story. It is history recorded and the Bible is THE source from which all truth is written.

The story is as it is because it is historically true.. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Pharaoh hardened his own heart to begin with several time.

The first time that I see was when Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD that I should obey him?"  This was a deeply hardened heart that spoke this.  Pharaoh considered his own self to be a god long before he met Moses.

Pharaoh hardens his own heart several time.  As the plagues increase God keeps it hardened.

In chapter 14, it says after the Israelites left that Pharaoh and his servants had a heart change- against the people of God. They had been frightened enough to let them go, but now their hearts changed to hate again and they, including Pharaoh questioned why they let them go.  God hardened his heart to the point that he would chase after them.

What you see in Pharaoh is a man who already worships himself, refuses to acknowledge God, and hardens his own heart.

God takes a man like that and puts him in power to use that hardened heart.  God hardens it more to use Pharaoh as he chooses.

God is STILL love.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, 1sheep said:

Which btw; its not a fantasical bible story. It is history recorded and the Bible is THE source from which all truth is written.

The story is as it is because it is historically true.. 

I agree, it is historically true as will as biblical truth - but it also did make for some great, still true bible stories ever - like the parting of the sea.

5 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

I agree, it is historically true as will as biblical truth - but it also did make for some great, still true bible stories ever - like the parting of the sea.

You better believe it! God is awesome! 

They have discovered some wheels from pharoahs armies chariots in the straight in the sea. The gold preserved their form. I love how God is revealing biblical truths! :hurrah:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,527
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

Hi,  "we" "Is" are not words I can find  I am in agreement  with,  I am not we. I am me.  God IS not "only" love. Hippies are love. God is I Am. God is greater than love. isolated from context of being just. God will do as God wills, for He is God. His standard is perfection. He cannot abide anything that is not perfect. Yet by His will alone He has chosen to reconcile many to Him at His desire to do so.

God owes none of His creation a thing. He is not compelled to love nor hate. He may do either or both at His own choosing, not by rules of man's mindset. His creation is not entitled to fairness, nor love, nor any thing that the human depraved mnd might conjure up for God to have to comply to for their sake.

God is for His creation to be subject to in  fear and trembling. I just cannot find it in my understanding to put God in a box and say God IS love. Without expanding on what love entails and that God in His love has reconciled the unreconcilable. For God is also Just, and a just God cannot fellowship with the unjust. He seems not to love the unjust but instead hates all that are unjust-Yet God has reconciled that too. He has made what is unjust to be just, as He wills. He has taken that which is totally depraved and made it holy as He is Holy.

So to me God is not limited to bing love, nor is he limited to being just. He is Holy, and has sacrificed that which is Holy  to free that which is not holy from it's just punishment  the price of sin which is eternal death.

God is demanding, He is not some doting uncle nor grand dad. God is merciful, God is just, there are about fifty qualities that might be stated that are all of the construct that is God. He is bigger than creation's limited definition of love. He will not be limited by man  but by Himself.

all that to say I see not conflict in God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

Any thoughts on this?

God gave Pharaoh two opportunities to follow His will but on both occasions Pharaoh hardened his own heart.. God foreknew Pharaoh would reject the will of God.. So God did use Pharaoh.. Pharaoh had his chance.. he had two chances..

Exodus 8: KJV

32 "And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go."

• Thanks 1