Sign in to follow this  
Jaymom

Modest attire

Modest attire is a requirement.  Especially for Christian leaders. How do we motivate others to this specification?

• Thumbs Up 3

217516815_graffiti-creator-poster-welcome-to-worthy-christian-forums(1).jpg.9adbd145d728caea0aba4b7299871967.jpg Jaymom:36:

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome.

Welcome, Jaymom!  The Bible has much to say about modesty, which spills over into areas of respect, humility, and self-control.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

• Loved it! 1

Guest 1sheep
7 hours ago, Jaymom said:

Modest attire is a requirement.  Especially for Christian leaders. How do we motivate others to this specification?

Welcome! 

I look forward to hearing what you have to say . 

Welcome to Worthy!  

• Thumbs Up 1

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 11:07 PM, Jaymom said:

by not judging apparel.

humility first.

• Loved it! 1

By allowing for freedom where the Bible gives such--and specifics where it gives such:

1) Sensuality/arousal is meant for married couples

2) Wear clothing that avoid such BUT

3) Your faith and conscience are the guide

:)Welcome to Worthy, Jaymom. I think this is a good topic. I, too look forward to your thoughts.

Welcome to worthy. People mostly learn things and may not always be easily convinced. Is you want to motivate others:

1. Pray ur way in: prayer prepares you. It makes the heart of those being talked to ready to listen. Prayer opens you too how God feels. It shows you (through the Holy Spirit) what to say so you don't get nervous. 

2. Get a pal:if you hope to motivate others,you have to first have a relationship with them. Be friendly. Be more focused on being a good friend than on nagging them on what and what not to wear. Because that are more likely to take you seriously when they trust and respect you. 

3. Be patient: change doesn't always happen immediately so be patient. 

4. Don't be too judgemental: people get defensive when they feel judged or when they feel you're trying to make them feel inferior. So when you try to motivate others remember that we all are sinners and talk to them with respect, love but with a firm voice. 

5. Be a person of modesty yourself: I'd you really want to be effective, you must learn to practice what you preach. Cus people don't go to robbers to save their money so they surely won't listen to u when you preach about modesty in a fishnet blouse and mini skirt. 

Always listen to the Holy Spirit. Never feel that any one is any less in God's eyes. To God, people are people. It's only a Pharisee that will consider themselves higher than everyone. And that's why they are ineffective. I pray that you never develop such an attitude.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. 

How this made sense. 

All the best, 

Chrisy

Sign in to follow this