IGNORED

"My yoke is easy my burden is light

Guest 1sheep

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and areheavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Christ is our rest. We are saved by faith alone  in grace alone in Christ alone. 
Faith plus NOTHING. 

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Hebrews 4: So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 

, 10 for whoever hasentered God's rest has also urested from his works as God did from his.

11 Let us therefore strive to enter thatrest, so vthat no one may fall by the samesort of disobedience. 12 For wthe word ofGod is living and xactive, ysharper thanany ztwo-edged sword, piercing to thedivision of soul and of spirit, of joints andof marrow, and adiscerning the thoughtsand intentions of the heart. 13 And bnocreature is hidden from his sight, but allare cnaked and exposed to the eyes of himto whom we must give account.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

Romans 16:17-18 

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Everyone throw those hands up and Praise the LORD .

Feast on the holy bible and just raise those hands and praise the LORD .

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think people wanna rest............

• Brilliant! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 11/14/2018 at 5:18 AM, 1sheep said:

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and areheavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 

Christ is our rest. We are saved by faith alone  in grace alone in Christ alone. 
Faith plus NOTHING. 

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Hebrews 4: So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 

, 10 for whoever hasentered God's rest has also urested from his works as God did from his.

11 Let us therefore strive to enter thatrest, so vthat no one may fall by the samesort of disobedience. 12 For wthe word ofGod is living and xactive, ysharper thanany ztwo-edged sword, piercing to thedivision of soul and of spirit, of joints andof marrow, and adiscerning the thoughtsand intentions of the heart. 13 And bnocreature is hidden from his sight, but allare cnaked and exposed to the eyes of himto whom we must give account.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

Romans 16:17-18 

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Matthew 11:28-30 were my favorite verses when I first came to know Christ.   They still are precious words of Jesus to me.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

On 12/10/2018 at 6:10 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

I don't think people wanna rest............

Thanks to poor teaching in many churches , I don’t think it is ever considered.One might claim to believe in Grace,but let’s just keep one of our feet in works—- just to be safe! That approach will never lead to any rest.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Guest 1sheep
10 hours ago, Debp said:

Matthew 11:28-30 were my favorite verses when I first came to know Christ.   They still are precious words of Jesus to me.

Amen. Mine as well. 

Guest 1sheep
8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Thanks to poor teaching in many churches , I don’t think it is ever considered.One might claim to believe in Grace,but let’s just keep one of our feet in works—- just to be safe! That approach will never lead to any rest.

Amen. The thing is that true saints want to be obedient and pleasing to the Lord. When they are babes in knowledge and are also overly zealous, if they not careful ,the desire to ' do it all right' turns into works to be saved! The enemy is more than obliging to get both the wheat and goats into a self righteous working mindset. It does happen often  Ive discovered. A person ends up a white washed tomb. They are religious people who quench the spirit. They say they trust the Lord but their actions prove otherwise. 

Those that are truly born again will stumble but they will be led back by the Holy Spirit to the straight path . 

We as saints do need to obey . But we must persistently examine ourselves to make sure our hearts believe we are 'working ' BECAUSE we are saved and not TO BE saved. 

Disclaimer: My comments are not an invitation to the anti osas. Do not bring your strife to my thread. Ty

I pray you one day ' get it'. Your eternity depends on it. 

Pray this: 

Psalm 138:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts![c]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/14/2018 at 8:18 AM, 1sheep said:
Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 

Amen.

Unfortunately many self-proclaimed leaders "tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them."

They think Jesus confirmed their men-made traditions. Instead we are now in a whole different relationship with God.

"The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

• Praise God! 1

Guest 1sheep
29 minutes ago, listener24 said:

Amen.

Unfortunately many self-proclaimed leaders "tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them."

They think Jesus confirmed their men-made traditions. Instead we are now in a whole different relationship with God.

"The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Amen! God isnt the author of fear. 

2Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Jesus sets us free from all that bondage if we truly trust Him and walk in accordance with the Holy Spirit!!