• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

Hello Scott. I thought 1sheep had a good question, as I wondered about it also. When someone enters into the sowing of seeds, you usually get to hear about the seeds that fell on good soil, and your enthusiastically sharing about someone turning to Christ. That was missing, but did not imply you did not share the gospel. Like 1sheep, I would like to hear about the "angels in heaven rejoicing over one sinner repenting"
I believe you are doing a good thing, making the cafe available to the lonely and downtrodden. Just want to hear about the great things the spirit of God is doing there........ default_cool2.gif.6e78938fe1c4c3110cb2563ba8b28a9c.gif

Oh, I see what you meant now. Sorry, I saw too vague about the authorship of the article. This is squarely my fault. I hope I did not cause undue embarrassment from this misunderstanding. 

Edited by Scott Free

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

I would love to share my testimonies with you. Making a topic all about self is extremely distasteful not me, but sense you asked a direct question I will happily respond: I had a dream.....

When I ask someone I encounter who has been "fishing for men",  sharing the "good news", it is a normal response to be curious as to their success in others hearing about how God loves them so much, He gave His own son. For them. Whosoever will. I have learned greatly how to share the gospel from others who are actually out there in the arena,  taking abuse and ridicule, shamed, for being a loyal soldier for Christ. I appreciate what you say about your cafe, and how you draw people in to comfort their bodies and their loneliness. I assumed that in doing so, they would be more open to hear the Great news of the gospel, and you would be excited to share this. This would not be considered  "Making a topic all about self".....Even God shared in the "Gospels" about how many were saved, thousands,  hearing the good news..
It appears to me that you continue to side step our question. Instead you appear to want to talk about your  dreams you had. As far as I can remember, I haven't received dreams from God, so I cannot respond to yours. Do you believe someone can be saved, and KNOW they are going to heaven. Reading your link, it appears you are a Catholic priest. Forgive me if I am incorrect. If you are, I would like to share the gospel with you. NO, I am not being a smart donkey. I am just one beggar trying to tell another beggar, where to find bread.
Again, it is a good thing to minister to the poor and downtrodden. May God bless you with His best blessing, made just for you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

When I ask someone I encounter who has been "fishing for men",  sharing the "good news"

Oh, I am just posting an article about some people in the U.K.. About if a person can know if they are saved, that is a good question. The Bible is not clear on the subject in that different interpretations can be drawn on the topic. I tell people, God will not forsake anyone who sincerely calls for His help. We can only hope and pray to be found worthy to make it to the wedding feast.

Edited by Scott Free

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

Oh, I am just posting an article about some people in the U.K.. About if a person can know if they are saved, that is a good question. The Bible is not clear on the subject in that different interpretations can be drawn on the topic. I tell people, God will not forsake anyone who sincerely calls for His help. We can only hope and pray to be found worthy to make it to the wedding feast.

OK Scott, now we're getting somewhere. You said " About if a person can know if they are saved, that is a good question". A great question, to say the least. So Scott, what's your understanding about it?  I was raised for thirty years as a catholic, altar boy, always catholic schools through high school. Was blessed to receive schooling in the parochial catholic schools, as they were very strict and demanding of students in the fifties and sixties. The thing was though, even though I knew about Jesus, the saints, served masses, confirmed by cardinal Spellman, great school activities, I never heard about needing to be saved, to be born again, to have a real personal relationship with our Savior, who died for me. The closest I ever got was serving mass for/with my priest. Never any instruction outside of the catechism books. I never heard God's plan for us to be saved. Ever. But I did hear His salvation plan years later at a funeral, in one of those dreaded and forbidden protestant  churches. (God works in mysterious ways) Forty years later, I'm still learning more and more about His word. The reason I joined this forum, to learn more of the word, and how other believers apply His word. Concerning About if a person can know if they are saved, I go to the word of God.   (God is light-His word does not lie!)
Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Act 16:29-31  Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,  And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?  And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

You can copy this and post it in your article, and you can trust it, it is the word of God. Even though the RCC says not to presume upon God your salvation, God says yes you can know, and it is NOT the sin of presumption.

Roman Road: The Gospel of Grace
Follow Me:

Romans 1:20-21: "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened." We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything and accept our humble position in God's creation.

Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” We must all realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. We are not worthy of God’s grace.

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Through Jesus, God gave us a way to be saved from our sins. God showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and repent of our sins, we will have eternal life.

Romans 10:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Just confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you will be saved!

Romans 10:13 “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” There are no religious formulas or rituals -- Call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved!

Romans 11:36: "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen." Determine in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today.

And there's this, that, I could lose this gift of salvation, if it was left to me. But, praise God, it's not my power or 'goodness' that holds on to God, but.....2 Timothy 1:12 for which cause I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed. For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.

I do not need an official decree from some man's organization/church to redefine the word of the God that created me, and gave His son to die in my place, and gave me His word, His truth, His light, His love.

"We can only hope and pray to be found worthy to make it to the wedding feast"
We personally will never be worthy, Scott, no matter how much we work at it. It is a free gift, salvation, given by His grace, if only you by faith believe on Him. It is the shed blood of our savior, who paid the price, who is the Lamb, who is the sacrifice, who is worthy. Contrary to what I was taught about saying masses, paying indulgences, and novenas, we cannot buy our way, or work our way, or be 'good' enough. It's all about Jesus. He paid it all. Jesus Christ.  The thing is, as a true believer, I don't have to work to stay saved, I now want to do what is right. He draws me.    Not guilt.      I'm grafted in, I abide. In the true vine.

I'm saved. Yesterday, today and forever. Not by my overcoming, but Christ's. I live, but not I, but Christ in me. I'm not able to hold on to Jesus.                       But...(
He is able)                                 Jesus Christ and Him crucified!!

2 Timothy 1:12

hqdefaultb.jpg.0c73654fda5cbeb74f025ff18a16bfe9.jpg

• Loved it! 1