• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

21 minutes ago, Yowm said:

?Thank PETA that they overlooked the turkey on your table. ? 

You're obviously not talking about this version of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals. :biggrin2:

• Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

While the taste buds might agree , I have found that chocolate can cause in some folks nasty heart burn .

Plus remember ,  a little too much excess on the lips and into the stomach , can cause a lil excess of weight on the hips .

Lets watch them sugars .   and by watch I don't mean watch as we inhale them .     You loved sister .  

A moment on the lips forever on the hips?! :help:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 Ways to Spread Kindness and Positivity to Those around You This Thanksgiving

Neat thread, Scott. Lot of great ways to help and uplift. Had never considered our Thanksgiving holiday as a more public outreach,  community and social activities,  spreading  Kindness and Positivity to Those around You.
Somehow, I always thought, and still do, the holiday was all about our Families coming together and  Giving Thanks to our creator, God,  for our very being, and our salvation, and our so great blessings, and our country with our freedom and liberties. I am not saying in any way not to do those really neat things that have been posted. They are the things we should, as believers, already have been doing. Every day. On Thanksgiving Day for my family, before eating, we all take our turn expressing to God and each other what they are thankful for. I would sorely dislike to see this holiday to become something other than what it has always been intended for. Giving Thanks to God Almighty.

The Pilgrims held a true Thanksgiving celebration in 1623 following a fast, and a refreshing 14-day rain which resulted in a larger harvest. Referring to the 1623 harvest after the nearly catastrophic drought, Governor Bradford wrote:

And afterwards the Lord sent them such seasonable showers, with interchange of fair warm weather as, through His blessing, caused a fruitful and liberal harvest, to their no small comfort and rejoicing. For which mercy, in time convenient, they also set apart a day of thanksgiving… By this time harvest was come, and instead of famine now God gave them plenty … for which they blessed God. And the effect of their particular planting was well seen, for all had … pretty well … so as any general want or famine had not been among-st them since to this day.

Thanksgiving-Brownscombe.jpg.d4f2ebc9a5674c8820494fe243ca9ccb.jpg

The First Thanksgiving at Plymouth, oil on canvas by Jennie Augusta Brownscombe (1914)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

10 Ways to Spread Kindness and Positivity to Those around You This Thanksgiving

Neat thread, Scott. Lot of great ways to help and uplift. Had never considered our Thanksgiving holiday as a more public outreach,  community and social activities,  spreading  Kindness and Positivity to Those around You.
Somehow, I always thought, and still do, the holiday was all about our Families coming together and  Giving Thanks to our creator, God,  for our very being, and our salvation, and our so great blessings, and our country with our freedom and liberties. I am not saying in any way not to do those really neat things that have been posted. They are the things we should, as believers, already have been doing. Every day. On Thanksgiving Day for my family, before eating, we all take our turn expressing to God and each other what they are thankful for. I would sorely dislike to see this holiday to become something other than what it has always been intended for. Giving Thanks to God Almighty.

The Pilgrims held a true Thanksgiving celebration in 1623 following a fast, and a refreshing 14-day rain which resulted in a larger harvest. Referring to the 1623 harvest after the nearly catastrophic drought, Governor Bradford wrote:

And afterwards the Lord sent them such seasonable showers, with interchange of fair warm weather as, through His blessing, caused a fruitful and liberal harvest, to their no small comfort and rejoicing. For which mercy, in time convenient, they also set apart a day of thanksgiving… By this time harvest was come, and instead of famine now God gave them plenty … for which they blessed God. And the effect of their particular planting was well seen, for all had … pretty well … so as any general want or famine had not been among-st them since to this day.

Thanksgiving-Brownscombe.jpg.d4f2ebc9a5674c8820494fe243ca9ccb.jpg

The First Thanksgiving at Plymouth, oil on canvas by Jennie Augusta Brownscombe (1914)

Praise the LORD .    that's right gary ,  thanksgiving was even celebrated LONG before even the first one in America .  THEY would fast all day , and thank the LORD for all things .

THEN at evening they would have a community meal .    

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

28 minutes ago, Davida said:

Err ....um.....:red_smile:  & Tasty looking too! 

but of course...

1z.jpg

Edited by enoob57