Pencil24

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi I just want to say I feel like I am drawing closer to God I do believe in Him I know He exists. There are so many things that divide the church and differ in our opinions. I know I asked to Him to forgive me I feel He did. It is not up to me to decide whether I person is truly saved. God knows the condition and manner of the heart He really is the only one who truly does know that and the individual. I recently started attending a church. I know it is very different from the way I have raised it what it teaches but I for some reason I don't feel like I am in the wrong for going there. My brother left the church 7 years ago and wanted nothing to do with God at all. Now he is showing an interest but only wanting to attend a certain church. I have been going with him I feel like I am doing the right thing. I have been reading the bible myself. I have been hurt by church people very badly I had quit going awhile myself. I did find one I was going to alone for a while that seemed to be a good fit. My brother would never consider going there because there is one issue they don't agree with. I wrestle with where I am with God I want to know Him better it truly is the desire of my heart. Just wanted to share my thoughts with you today. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Pencil24 said:

Hi I just want to say I feel like I am drawing closer to God I do believe in Him I know He exists. There are so many things that divide the church and differ in our opinions. I know I asked to Him to forgive me I feel He did. It is not up to me to decide whether I person is truly saved. God knows the condition and manner of the heart He really is the only one who truly does know that and the individual. I recently started attending a church. I know it is very different from the way I have raised it what it teaches but I for some reason I don't feel like I am in the wrong for going there. My brother left the church 7 years ago and wanted nothing to do with God at all. Now he is showing an interest but only wanting to attend a certain church. I have been going with him I feel like I am doing the right thing. I have been reading the bible myself. I have been hurt by church people very badly I had quit going awhile myself. I did find one I was going to alone for a while that seemed to be a good fit. My brother would never consider going there because there is one issue they don't agree with. I wrestle with where I am with God I want to know Him better it truly is the desire of my heart. Just wanted to share my thoughts with you today. 

Blessings to you Pencil4. God sees your heart, and your desire to know Him more. May He fill you with Himself in such a new  awesome way you can’t help but jump for joy. Blessings 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Pencil24 said:

Hi Pencil,

That`s good that you are drawing closer to the Lord. Everyday He is faithful and continues to reveal Himself to us in special ways and ordinary life too.

Now when you say `Church`  I think you mean the meetings. We must remember that the Church is the Body of Christ, the believers who are set in the Body by the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor. 12: 18) Thus it is important to build relationship with the ones and twos in our everyday life.

Too many people rely on the big gathering to try and fill their lives with meaning, whereas it is just a general time of coming together to sing, hear the word and maybe chat with others, mostly on a superficial level. The lecture type of meetings we have now are not what they had in the early church. This came about later and has brought much power and control of a few over others - which God`s word says is wrong.

Today there are other types of gatherings, house meetings, everyday life fellowship, reading & listening to teachings on line etc.

Marilyn.

11 hours ago, Not me said:

Blessings to you Pencil4. God sees your heart, and your desire to know Him more. May He fill you with Himself in such a new  awesome way you can’t help but jump for joy. Blessings 

Much love in Christ, Not me

@Not me The thing I most appreciate about your posts...they are mostly about relationship...with Christ. What does He want? Relationship. Christ in us...the hope of glory! The mystery of Him abiding in us! Think of it...if we were to see the glory in one another because of He who dwells within! My God...how we would think differently of one another. Think on THESE things...whatsoever is pure...Jesus...whatsoever things are lovely...Jesus....set your affections on things above...not on earth. I love You, Lord.

Had "the workers" in Christ taught me about 'relationship' first and foremost...to turn my heart to Him, by faith and keep turning...He IS a rewarder of those who diligently SEEK HIM! Hallelujah!

He is our reward.

Without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to him, for he who comes to God must believe that he exists and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6 Weymouth

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, In Him said:

@Not me The thing I most appreciate about your posts...they are mostly about relationship...with Christ. What does He want? Relationship. Christ in us...the hope of glory! The mystery of Him abiding in us! Think of it...if we were to see the glory in one another because of He who dwells within! My God...how we would think differently of one another. Think on THESE things...whatsoever is pure...Jesus...whatsoever things are lovely...Jesus....set your affections on things above...not on earth. I love You, Lord.

Had "the workers" in Christ taught me about 'relationship' first and foremost...to turn my heart to Him, by faith and keep turning...He IS a rewarder of those who diligently SEEK HIM! Hallelujah!

He is our reward.

Without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to him, for he who comes to God must believe that he exists and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6 Weymouth

YOU ARE LOVED SISTER .   And let us beware the false fellowship of a relationship that unites men , BUT NOT UNDER GOD .

This grows massive now in both number and the depths of its teaching in utter darkness.

Our fellowship , relationship , MUST BE GOD FIRST and HE above all must we love .   FROM this comes The true pattern of how to pull specks out of eyes .

For we would LOVE HIS SAYINGS and HONOR HIM above all .    But if we compromise TRUTH for unity , rest assured our unity would NOT be under GOD

but under he who desires to be as GOD .     And I see that pattern being taught by many now .   And they even silence correction and EVEN the gospel for the sake of

unity and getting along .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, In Him said:

He is our reward.

THAT is RIGHT SISTER .    Those WHO SEEK HIM .  THOSE WHO PRAY HIS WILL , HIS KINGDOM .    TO turn the children from darkness TO LIGHT is the power of the gospel of our LORD .

You leap up and praise the LORD .

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

THAT is RIGHT SISTER .    Those WHO SEEK HIM .  THOSE WHO PRAY HIS WILL , HIS KINGDOM .    TO turn the children from darkness TO LIGHT is the power of the gospel of our LORD .

You leap up and praise the LORD .

But the hour is coming and now is, when the true worshipers will worship The Father in The Spirit and in The Truth, for The Father also is seeking such worshippers as these. Jn 4:23 Aramaic Bible

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. 2 Chron 16:9 KJV

38 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

but under he who desires to be as GOD

@frienduff thaylorde 

"But if we compromise TRUTH for unity ,  rest assured our unity would NOT be under GOD but under he  who desires to be as GOD "

fwiw and for the sake of brevity, I'm posting partial scriptures that came to mind regarding your quote above~He = SELF   What thinkest thou? :)  As Nathan said: You are that man...

2 Thess 2:1-12

...let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be, except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, he that opposeth and exalteth himself against all that is called God or that is worshipped; so that he sitteth in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God.

For the mystery of lawlessness doth already work...

because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God sendeth them a working of error, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be judged who believed not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, In Him said:

He is our reward.

Such a heart after God. I loved your words, especially;

“.if we were to see the glory in one another because of He who dwells within! My God...how we would think differently of one another.”

also;

“......and keep turning”.

It is more than obvious you are being taught inwardly by God Himself. Yes, Christianity is having a personal relationship with Christ. And just like our relationships in this world can grow, the same is true concerning our relationship with Christ. Yes, it is a shame it isn’t taught as the “one thing needful” but when it is found and discovered, the Scriptures become true food for the soul. For you hear them “not after the letter but the Spirit”. 

Knowing this, as I know you know this, it is one’s personal relationship with Christ that will teach each of us all things, if we are but willing. Pray God, that we, as His body are willing, so it  truly can be “all of Him and nothing of us”. “So Christ would be so written on our hearts that He could be read by all men.” To the end that His love could be experienced by all. 

Blessings 

Much love in Christ. Not me

@Pencil24

Sorry for highjacking your thread, it’s a great subject. Blessings ?? 

Edited by Not me

@Pencil24   I apologize too. Thought of what I did after the fact

Admire your courage and honesty in sharing your heart in this thread :) 

Edited by In Him