ejected

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Ten virgins (born again christians). 5 had oil, 5 did not.

Why is that?  All ten saved but only half were ready for the rapture.

This would explain a pre-trib rapture and also take care of the post trib rapture.

I digress. I believe we are to go directly unto the throne of God daily for our supply of oil.

You've heard some say ' cant wait to go to church so i can get my tank filled'. 

Are we to look to man to get the oil of the Spirit in our lives or are we to go directly to Jesus moment by moment.

What if Jesus returns on Tuesday, two days after 'church',  and one day before Wednesday service? 

And your lamp is without oil? Do you miss the rapture like the 5 virgins with no oil in their lamps?

And if your oil is so depleted, are you sure you're even getting any oil in the first place? 

A goose bump or two from a beautifully crafted sermon, eloquently delivered may not be a source of the oil scripture talks about. 

Besides, can you even remember on monday what was preached on sunday? If you can, then you are a rare one. Most cannot.

Ten virgins. 5 depended on other sources and came up short when they really needed it. 

The other 5 had their oil delivered personally by Jesus, a one on one daily relationship whose voice they followed disallowing any other. 

Edited by ejected

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Why are you incorrectly assuming that a church service is the only place of being filled with the Holy Spirit?  That's what the oil represents by the way.

I see you are still wanting Christians to forsake the assembling of themselves together as the Bible teaches not to do.  Why are you forbidding/criticizing something that the Bible instructs?

A Christian can be renewed, have a fresh move of the Holy Spirit, enlightened, and more any day of the week.  Sunday through Saturday.  Washing dishes, singing in the church choir, praying at home on one's bed, driving down the road, reading the Bible at library, or shopping at the grocery store.

When the Holy Spirit wishes to bring an unction or move of Himself to a Christian - the geographical place is irrelevant.  What's relevant is that the Christian obeys the Holy Spirit. 

Ergo, one cannot teach that a geographical place or fellowship of Christians seeking the Holy Spirit is wrong.

And that is what you are doing, brother.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I am 100 percent in favor of assembling with other saints.

Edited by ejected

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The context in which I interpret Matthew 25:, it pertains to the Jew's only, as symbolized by their Jewish wedding traditions. I believe the 'lamps' represent their lives, and the oil is symbolic of the Holy Spirit. The prepared virgins in my opinion, are the saved / converted Jews (Messianic Jews). 

When you read Matthew 25: closely, and compare the Jewish wedding traditions closely, it's a perfect fit of how the Rapture is described. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/06/1979

The parable states that the oil can be collected before hand in a flask. With other words - something that we can build a reserve of for when we need it quickly or when it runs out. I'm not sure if the Holy Spirit works that way.

From John 1:1-5 we see that in the Word is life, and the life is the light of men, and darkness does not overcome it.

These verses shows (in my opinion) that the Word is our source or fuel for spiritual life and light in the darkness of this system.  

So, to buy extra oil, I try to study the word, challenge the word, expose it to all kinds of interpretation: literal, and non literal - in fact explore the depths of it. Thus building up a reserve of understanding (oil) for when the darkness  and doubt encroaches; like when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness and he could answer: "it is written....".  

I believe we can build these reserves on our own with the help of the Spirit and the Bible, but Christian fellowship and gatherings are a wonderful source.

I think one way we can be like the foolish virgins is by believing we know the truth of God, and stop searching his word. As soon as a challenge comes from science or non believers we are caught without oil and our light cannot overcome the darkness. I prefer to (though I sometimes fail) welcome the challenge of science and atheism and different interpretations of the word, so that when that long darkness comes I'm prepared and not left with the last resort of 'just believing' and can say without an extinguished or flickering lamp: Jesus Christ is our Lord, and king.