• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Cletus said:

is it really just faith?  no, its grace thru faith.  but to say repentance is works is error.  The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin and either we choose to turn from our sin and to God or we turn away from God and go with sin.  if we dont repent we have not allowed God to be Lord of our life, and God does not set us apart from the world, or sanctify us.  I see its a growing trend to say believe and receive, which is a false teaching but at the same time leave off repentance.  Jesus commands repentance.   and its mentioned so so many times in the bible.  I posted these scriptures in another thread, but i am going to post them here as well....

Mar 1:14  Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15  And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk 5:32  I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mat 4:17  From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luk 15:7  I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31  Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

2Ch 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Pro 28:13  He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Act 3:19  Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20  And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Mat 9:12  But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
Mat 9:13  But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2Ch 30:7  And be not ye like your fathers, and like your brethren, which trespassed against the LORD God of their fathers, who therefore gave them up to desolation, as ye see.
2Ch 30:8  Now be ye not stiffnecked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the LORD, and enter into his sanctuary, which he hath sanctified for ever: and serve the LORD your God, that the fierceness of his wrath may turn away from you.
2Ch 30:9  For if ye turn again unto the LORD, your brethren and your children shall find compassion before them that lead them captive, so that they shall come again into this land: for the LORD your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him.

Jas 4:8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Joe 2:13  And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Eze 18:30  Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
Eze 18:31  Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 18:32  For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Zec 1:3  Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
Zec 1:4  Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD.

repentance is not a work unless you believe by repenting you justify yourself before God.  repentance is commanded.  even in the verses above repent comes before believe the gospel(mark 1:15) and the order of things in scripture is of dire importance... and if you believe the gospel you want to repent.  I can not understand why or how people try to say repentance is not apart of the equation when its thru-out the bible OT and NT. 

Thats a lot of Textbook/Bible quotes : ) But what is the result of true repentance? 

Knowing the true Heritage of not only your own inner-being, But also Everybody elses also, Before this Temporal flesh realm & recognising that the law lol is only a guideline , We ALL ultimately answer to The MoreNatural Spirit of Love, Our Father ?? Rock On : )

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I lifted this from another thread....I thought it might be pertainent to the discussion here...

If you have a KJV handy, pick it up and find me any verse that states we have to repent of our sins to be saved.If you can do this, I can connect you with a Bible teacher that will give you one million dollars. Now please do not misunderstand me.I value repentance.In fact , one will not be saved without it.The word “ repentance” comes from the Greek word “ metanoia” which means to “  change your thinking”. The gospel of John does not mention the word “ repent” a single time.Does that not strike you as strange? There is a good reason for that.If you take somebody that does not think he is a sinner, or one who thinks he does  not need Jesus to be his only chance of being saved, and give him the Gospel and he goes from UNBELIEF to BELIETH he has had a change of mind that will save him.He has experienced the “ repentance toward God with faith in Jesus Christ” that God demands for Salvation.That is why John did not feel compelled to use the specific word “repent”. He did not need to.He always stressed the word “BELIEVE”. He knew if one chooses  to BELIEVE instead of choosing NOT to believe in Jesus as God in the Flesh who came to die for all of our sins, he has had the “ change of thinking” (repentance) that God requires.AFTER one is saved, by believing Jesus was who He said He was, the God- Given Spirit that enabled you repent and see the truth about your lost condition and the remedy for it, will make you feel like a rat when you sin in your daily walk and that is the type of repentance that will make you confess your sin to God in order to restore fellowship.Yes, repentance has to happen, but we must understand what it is—— here is what it sounds like—- “ Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner” This person has proclaimed that he knows he is a sinner who needs a Savior....without that change of mind in a persons life that person is lost and will stay lost.I hope we can agree on these things.The desire to stop sinning is great and I am sure God is pleased with your intentions. I have that desire also but I realize my obedience to the Law did not save me and does not keep me saved—- only my faith in the Shed Blood Of Christ and nothing else accomplished that .The Shed Blood used to mean nothing to me....now it is everything. I changed my mind about that. I repented. Now I am saved.God bless.

But the blood shed on the cross in part did away with the Levitical Preisthood & corporeal punishment and created a New way to contact Our Father Love and because the work was Finished, brought it to individual accountability; Its not just believe in the Title Jesus the Christ/ Yashua the Messiah, But rather believe in the richness of that Hertitage that that Title represents; certainly mind blowing : )

• Oy Vey! 1

11 hours ago, Adstar said:

Luke 13: KJV

1 "There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilæans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. {2} And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilæans were sinners above all the Galilæans, because they suffered such things? {3} I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. {4} Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? {5} I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

Yes, if one doesnt recognize the True Heritage of Everybodies inner- being Before this flesh realm; 0% Prejudism/Racism, then its off to grade 2 for you too : ( ThThe Lord's Day of Teaching & Reckoning in the Spirit, eeeek " Strive to be a Firstfruit" no part in the second death, Thanks be to Messiah/Christ : ) Rock On

• Oy Vey! 1

K, im sorry if i didn't reply to anybody, im on a phone & am still getting oriented with the site & how it works; Love you's All in Christ/Messiah, if i miss a reply, forgive me, its not intentional : ) 

Have a great day/night in Church/Christ/Messiah All ? ? ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

3 hours ago, Whistleblower said:

Unless i have misunderstood you, it sounded like we are forgiven before repentance? And that is not the case.

All of mankind has been forgiven before anyone repented.. as the scripture says "We love God because he first loved us." 1Jn.4:19 .. and "In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1Jn.4:10.. and "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting against them their trespasses." 2 Cor.5:19 .. and "God demonstrated his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." Rm.5:8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

All of mankind has been forgiven before anyone repented.. as the scripture says "We love God because he first loved us." 1Jn.4:19 .. and "In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1Jn.4:10.. and "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting against them their trespasses." 2 Cor.5:19 .. and "God demonstrated his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." Rm.5:8

Even Hitler’s sins were payed for by the Blood Of the Lamb.This shows the  necessity of repentance.Without it , one cant “ cash in” to what was alway done for you on the Cross.That is why Hitler is in Hell today.He never repented from his unbelief and that is what he will have in common with all the other denizens of that awful place.They never “ repented towards God, with faith in Jesus”. Poor Adolf.....I need to quit picking on him all the time....

14 hours ago, Cletus said:

Adstar got to it before me so the one million dollars should go to Adstar. 

Please do not go out and by that fancy yacht just yet.....

If Jesus was saying what you “ think” He was saying, you could throw out just about everything Paul ever write in his epistles.If Jesus was telling these guys, in essence “ Hey , guys, now is the time for you to straighten up and start keeping the Law so you will not go to Hell!”you might as well forget about how Abraham and all  Believers after him were justified by faith ALONE. “ By the deeds of the Law, NO flesh will be justified.” Check out Gal 2:16.....” knowing that a man is justified by the works of the Law, b ut by the faith that is in Jesus Christ,even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we may be justified by the faith of Christ and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law noflesh will be justified.” The self- righteous crowd Jesus was talking to was in no way unique.They needed to repent from unbelief in the One who was addressing them to belief in Him.They sure did need to repent! Just like everybody else. “Repentance towards God , with faith in Jesus Christ”

sorry......no cigar, no million dollars

10 hours ago, discipler777 said:

There is a good reason for that, ie the apostle John's main emphasis was for believers to know the Person of Jesus Christ, the Word who was God, and the way to salvation. .......

JOHN.1:6-9 & 19 & 23 (NKJV) =  6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. ...

19 Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” ...

23 He said: “I am

The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
“Make straight the way of the Lord
,” ’

LUKE.3:2-4 = ... the word of God came to John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. 3 And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins, 4 as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying:

The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make His paths straight
. ....

Knowing that Jesus is the “way of Salvation” as you say IS repentance —- it is all about seeing that you are a sinner who must have a Savior.That Savior is Jesus.The sin that must be repented Of is the sin of self-righteousness—- “ I may not be perfect, but I’m good enough to make it on my own, God knows that I am doing the best I can do!”

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

3 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Knowing that Jesus is the “way of Salvation” as you say IS repentance —- it is all about seeing that you are a sinner who must have a Savior.That Savior is Jesus.The sin that must be repented Of is the sin of self-righteousness—- “ I may not be perfect, but I’m good enough to make it on my own, God knows that I am doing the best I can do!”

So the pharisees of Jesus day would say. In contrast Jesus replied when one called him good. "There is no one good but God."

• Brilliant! 1

23 hours ago, Cletus said:

is it really just faith?  no, its grace thru faith.  but to say repentance is works is error.  The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin and either we choose to turn from our sin and to God or we turn away from God and go with sin.  if we dont repent we have not allowed God to be Lord of our life, and God does not set us apart from the world, or sanctify us.  I see its a growing trend to say believe and receive, which is a false teaching but at the same time leave off repentance.  Jesus commands repentance.   and its mentioned so so many times in the bible.  I posted these scriptures in another thread, but i am going to post them here as well....

Mar 1:14  Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15  And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk 5:32  I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mat 4:17  From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luk 15:7  I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31  Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

2Ch 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Pro 28:13  He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Act 3:19  Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20  And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Mat 9:12  But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
Mat 9:13  But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2Ch 30:7  And be not ye like your fathers, and like your brethren, which trespassed against the LORD God of their fathers, who therefore gave them up to desolation, as ye see.
2Ch 30:8  Now be ye not stiffnecked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the LORD, and enter into his sanctuary, which he hath sanctified for ever: and serve the LORD your God, that the fierceness of his wrath may turn away from you.
2Ch 30:9  For if ye turn again unto the LORD, your brethren and your children shall find compassion before them that lead them captive, so that they shall come again into this land: for the LORD your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him.

Jas 4:8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Joe 2:13  And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Eze 18:30  Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
Eze 18:31  Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 18:32  For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Zec 1:3  Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
Zec 1:4  Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD.

repentance is not a work unless you believe by repenting you justify yourself before God.  repentance is commanded.  even in the verses above repent comes before believe the gospel(mark 1:15) and the order of things in scripture is of dire importance... and if you believe the gospel you want to repent.  I can not understand why or how people try to say repentance is not apart of the equation when its thru-out the bible OT and NT. 

Seeing the NEED for the Gospel is what repentance is all about.....until you see that you ain’t so good as you think you are, you will never be “ good soil”—— receptive to the seed of the Gospel  that saves you.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953