• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus said we are no better than a murderer if we have ever hated anybody.By that standard , I would say that you and I are guilty of murder.Ever experience any lust for a woman? I have...still do sometimes.I bet we are both adulterers if what Jesus said was true.

Where does the occasional involuntary and immoral/evil sexual lust in our hearts come from.? = spiritually from Satan's deception/temptation and naturally(= by the flesh) from Adam's Original Sin which all men have inherited when they were born = all men sinned or are sinners and they are all bound for hell or spiritual death when they die = in need of a Saviour/Christ and to be born-again of the Spirit.(JOHN.8:44, MATTHEW.16:23 & 23:27, MARK.7:21, 1JOHN.3:8) It is not just the committing of adultery or murder or stealing or etc (= the breaking of the Law) which will be sending sinners/evildoers/law-breakers to hell. The Pharisees thought that they would still be saved from hell by just keeping the Law, ie did not commit murder, adultery, stealing, etc, as per the Old Covenant.  But Jesus Christ came down to earth with a better and New Covenant. .......

Before Christ(= before His Resurrection and Ascension at around 33AD), only Jews who kept the Law/commandments of God had the opportunity to be saved from hell when they die( 1 Peter 3:19 & 4:6 ), eg Moses and Elijah(MATTHEW.17:3), ie the opportunity to hear the gospel from the resurrected Christ after they died. Those who unrepentantly broke the Law of God were sent to Hades/hell when they die. The rich young Jewish man of LUKE.16:19-31 died young and ended up in Hades/hell because he unrepentantly broke the Law at Deuteronomy 15:11, ie by refusing to do charity work towards the poor and destitute like beggar Lazarus during every Sabbath Year.
....... After Christ, Jews had to believe in Jesus as the Christ/Messiah/Saviour, in order to be saved from hell, ie it was no longer sufficient for them to just keep the Law( Matthew 5:17-48 ) and be given the above opportunity to be saved from hell after they die. This requirement for salvation was later extended to the Gentiles, ie saved by faith alone, and not by the good works of the Law.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

You have no more idea as to the future of the rich young ruler than my pet goldfish......In his later years, if he heard Paul’s  Gospel , given to him by Jesus and turned to God ( repentance) and put his faith in that Gospel and that Gospel ALONE......he would have been just as saved as anybody else that becomes a Believer.Jesus paid for this mans greed along with all the others sins that man has ever committed.Remember, as John the Baptist said.......Jesus was “the Lamb of God , sent here to save the world from its sins” Jesus took care of the sin problem 2000 years ago. Believers have cashed in on what Jesus did for them.UNbelievers have refused to receive the free gift that God offered them.All people in Hell have one thing in common—-Unbelief.No faith.Its gonna be a double whammy for those that go to Hell.They will have to endure hell with the newly found knowledge that their sins were paid for at the Cross.Had they only believed that, they would not be so thirsty .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Faith in Jesus justifies us. Not our works. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

9 hours ago, Cletus said:

I am not 100 percent convinced keeping the law even then was sufficient.  or even do-able.  

Rom 4:1  What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
Rom 4:2  For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Rom 4:3  For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

I believe the law was just to lead us, well them, to the place of inability to produce righteousness, and faith and dependence upon God. 

what are your thoughts on this? 

My thoughts are that what you are sensing is Biblical . Nobody can keep the law. If they could Jesus died in vain.” Not by the works of the Law ,lest any man boast”

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

Two types of repentance.....the first one is a one time event that changes your entire thinking about the way God sees you..... you are a sinner on your way to Hell and you deserve it.....you need a Savior to TURN to....that TURN in your way of thinking, from thinking you are “ good enough “ to make it to seeing you are a wretch Without hope.......after you see the true fate that awaits you, once you see you are a sinner I can guarantee you you won’t have to prodded very hard to find you a Savior.Simply Believe 1Cor15:1-4 and you are “ born again”. After Salvation occurs, the Holy Spirit that God gave you which enabled you to see your sinful state and opened your blind eyes to the Gospel will convict you of sin daily and we repent often so as to restore our fellowship with a loving Father whom we disobeyed.Repentance is a major part of Salvation.My first repentance showed me I was a sinner who needed a Savior. That repentance, the one God is looking for to start the process of Salvation ( no man can be saved until he sees he is lost) is seared into my brain and it will never change.Once you see what you are in God’s eyes, there ain’t no going back.My other repentance is a daily thing and part of God’s sanctifying process. Repentance is mandatory in the Christian walk of faith. But if you think repentance means “ clean up your act” to be saved or stay saved you do not understand repentance.Smart people know they can’t “change their spots” anymore than a leopard can.Many souls are lost because they hear this lie and never hear the clear and true Gospel thAt saves them because they simply believe Christ died for their sins.Nowhere in the KJV does it say..... Jesus saves if you turn over a new leaf and clean up your act.WE do the believing—- HE does the changing.On the inside. It is all that counts and only HE can do it .Be wise and be as obedient as you can be to God’s Word——you will be happier getting to Heaven Without a bruised butt thatvGodcwill give you if you try to take advantage of His Grace. Just make sure you give ALL credit to Jesus and His Shed Blood for your Salvation.Not your ability to clean up your act.

The rich young Jewish man of LUKE.16:19-31 died young and ended up in Hades/hell because he unrepentantly broke the Law at Deuteronomy 15:11, ie by refusing to do charity work towards the poor and destitute like beggar Lazarus during every Sabbath Year.

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You have no more idea as to the future of the rich young ruler than my pet goldfish......In his later years, if he heard Paul’s  Gospel , given to him by Jesus and turned to God ( repentance) and put his faith in that Gospel and that Gospel ALONE......he would have been just as saved as anybody else that becomes a Believer.

Seems you are confusing the rich young Jewish ruler of MATTHEW.19:16-23 with the different rich young Jewish man of LUKE.16:19-31.

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

WE do the believing—- HE does the changing.On the inside. It is all that counts and only HE can do it .Be wise and be as obedient as you can be to God’s Word——you will be happier getting to Heaven Without a bruised butt thatvGodcwill give you if you try to take advantage of His Grace. Just make sure you give ALL credit to Jesus and His Shed Blood for your Salvation.Not your ability to clean up your act.

Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit of God indwelling them, does the changing or cleansing or sanctification of Christians on the inside by helping them to be obedient to the commandments/Law/Word of God(cf HEBREWS.8:10), ....... but OTOH, it is a well-known fact that there are ignorant and foolish Christians who reject the Old Testament Law/Word of God as demonic or not-of-faith or only applying to the Jews(eg the Hyper-grace doctrine), heed deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons(1TIMOTHY.4:1), rely mostly on personal convictions instead of on the Law/Word of God(= New Age philosophy, cf DEUT.12:8 & 13:18), willfully go and sin the same sin again or go and sin some more(cf JOHN.5:14 & 8:11), eg gay pastors/bishops. .......

JOHN.13:7-17 (NKJV) = 7 Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this.”

8 Peter said to Him, “You shall never wash my feet!”

Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.”

9 Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!”

10 Jesus said to him, “He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.” 11 For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, “You are not all clean.”

12 So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

JOHN.15:1-8 = The True Vine

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.