• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this topic.

I'd like to share a short testimony on trusting the Lord and "NOT WORRYING" in a certain situation where my faith was challenged...

Around June this year, my job was about to finish up as my employer lost a contract to another company.  I had only three months to look for another job, knowing that my current one was about to end.  My current employer sent a form to all staff, asking for permission to send our personal details over to the new company/contractor, which I did.  Whilst waiting to be contacted by the new contractor, I continued to look for other work, which was unsuccessful.  Time was running out, and still no contact from the new contractor and I still hadn't found other work.  

From the moment I knew that my work was going to end, I continuously prayed to God, confessing my trust in Him and leaving all my concerns/worries with Him.  I made a "CHOICE" that I was not going to worry about it, knowing that if I wasn't able to keep my job, I would have to move house, as I wouldn't be able to afford the rent, yet I wouldn't have been able to afford the move either!  I was in a "No win" situation, but I still chose to place my faith in God and trust Him completely and refused to worry!!  

Every time the thought crossed my mind, I refused to worry and would say, "I trust You Lord, I trust You! May Your Will be done!" and then immediately focused on something else. I refused to worry and just trusted God 100%.  I had two weeks left and still nothing!

One day in the remaining two weeks, I wasn't feeling too good and decided to stay home from work that day.  I messaged my boss to let him know that I would go in the next day instead, as I only work three days a week, so instead of going in on the Wednesday, I'd go in on the Thursday instead.  I was a bit hesitant about taking the day off work and also messaging the boss to let him know.  I had the text message all written up and after a short pause...decided I would just go for it and I pressed the "send" button!

When I went into work the next day (Thursday), I was surprised to meet the new contractor there who said that He wasn't meant to be there that day, I also said that I wasn't meant to be there that day! (Was this a God thing or what??).  He didn't even know that there was a cleaner working the job I was doing.  I said to him, "Didn't you receive a form with all my personal details?  He said, "No...we didn't receive anything!"  He took all of my details and "MY JOB WAS SECURED!"  On top of this, two weeks after working for the new contractor, I received an additional six hours of work a fortnight AND I received an unexpected amount of $2,000.00 from my former employer - If I didn't take that day off work, I wouldn't have met the new contractor and probably would've been out of work as they didn't know about me or had any of my personal details to be able to have contacted me.  God blesses us when we place all of our trust in Him and refuse TO WORRY no matter what!  Hallelujah! - Praise God!

To see the hand of God in one’s life is a most glorious things. Thanks the the testimony, it made my morning. Blessings 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1