• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

i did some research on this ministry because when i go to huntsville texas there is a big methodist church not far from a prison people here call "the walls" but the correct name is the huntsville unit.  its where death row is and if you have ever seen on tv when the reporters show up and people either protest or support the execution of an inmate you have seen those big red brick walls.  they are much bigger in person than on tv.   anyway i have seen karios signs around that church.  and some big pumpkins, and thats what spurred me to look it up.  I found a website that shows karios of texas.  I wonder if those huge pumpkins are from this ministry and if they are for sale.  If so i know where i am getting my pumkins from now on.  there are lots of prison ministries around here because of so many prisons.  it will be really cool if i find out this ministry you posted is active in an area not to far from me.  it would be worth the drive not only for the size but what it supports. 

If you ever have an opportunity to go into a prison do it.  i didnt go trying to minister, i went to have church.  those brothers in there are genuine.  they dont have the fast world or the cares of this life to weigh them down.  i have spoken and given testimony, even preached in a prison chapel, but i found the brothers in there to edify me just as much, if not more.  they are hungry for God in there. 

I love to hear about people who minister in prisons. Thanks for sharing that. I live around Houston, it is sad to see how Texas prisons have become industrialized to make money. On the flip side a prisoner gets more time to think about how they are going to better themselves. Jesus Christ is using these prisons in a wonderful way.