• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

From the Gospel of John:

John 6:66

"From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with Him"

How appropriate! 

In the last days, many who claim to be Christians will fall away.

They will take the "mark of the beast....666"

They will walk no more with Him!

What a sad reality. 

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

On 11/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, JoeCanada said:

From the Gospel of John:

How appropriate! 

What a sad reality. 

And then there's Walid Shoebat...with a pretty interesting theory about the meaning of "666".

Any comments on that?

blessings....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74

5 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

And then there's Walid Shoebat...with a pretty interesting theory about the meaning of "666".

Any comments on that?

blessings....

Hi Bible Guy,

I used to read a few of his blogs. Not so much anymore.

It might be worth checking this out

https://walidshoebat666beastantichristsatandevilserpent.wordpress.com/

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 11/19/2018 at 2:34 PM, JoeCanada said:

From the Gospel of John:

How appropriate! 

What a sad reality. 

Do you want Bible verses showing why "the elect (church believers) will not take the mark?"

Hint: I just pointed to such a verse above.

3 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Do you want Bible verses showing why "the elect (church believers) will not take the mark?"

Hint: I just pointed to such a verse above.

Hey BB,

I believe that "true" believers, those who are in Christ, those who have truly repented, those that have put their trust in the Lord Jesus.........those that have been sealed unto the day of redemption by the Holy Spirit..................

No, they won't take the mark of the Beast.

But the "lukewarm".....the "fence sitters"......those that go to church for an hour once a week and give no further attention to the Bible, or Christ, or their fellow man and live like a bat out of h---, those would probably take the mark of the Beast.

I know that you don't really mean that the "elect are church believers"............... I know people who believe in the church, but they aren't saved. I was one at one time in my life. An altar boy. Went to more masses than you can shake a stick at. Ate tons of hosts. I was a church believer, but I wasn't saved. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

33 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

Hey BB,

I believe that "true" believers, those who are in Christ, those who have truly repented, those that have put their trust in the Lord Jesus.........those that have been sealed unto the day of redemption by the Holy Spirit..................

No, they won't take the mark of the Beast.

But the "lukewarm".....the "fence sitters"......those that go to church for an hour once a week and give no further attention to the Bible, or Christ, or their fellow man and live like a bat out of h---, those would probably take the mark of the Beast.

I know that you don't really mean that the "elect are church believers"............... I know people who believe in the church, but they aren't saved. I was one at one time in my life. An altar boy. Went to more masses than you can shake a stick at. Ate tons of hosts. I was a church believer, but I wasn't saved. 

Thanks for the correction, I believe the elect are "in the church, true believers, born again."

Thanks again.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Thanks for the correction, I believe the elect are "in the church, true believers, born again."

Thanks again.

Hi Billiards Ball,

No problem.

I see you now have 888 posts. How's that for being a Billiard Ball!. Triple 8 ball.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 11/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, JoeCanada said:

From the Gospel of John:

How appropriate! 

What a sad reality. 

Merely coincidental. Here's a couple of for instances, and there's not a whole lot to theory here.

Isaiah Chapter 66 6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.  KJV

Psalms Chapter 66 6 He turned the sea into dry [land]: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him.  KJV

So I  :noidea:  dunno...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2019 at 5:48 PM, JoeCanada said:

Hi Bible Guy,

I used to read a few of his blogs. Not so much anymore.

It might be worth checking this out

https://walidshoebat666beastantichristsatandevilserpent.wordpress.com/

Very interesting cross-examination....

I'll have to look into it when I get a chance....

Not sure I'm persuaded that Walid is Catholic, though....any evidence for that?

blessings...

17 hours ago, Abdicate said:

John was told to write what he saw. No where else in the scriptures is anything remotely like this. The number is derived by the misunderstanding of those that copied his writings, hence his warning not to change anything in his book. But alas, it wasn't 100% their fault. John wrote it all in Greek and when they came to that part, they didn't know what it was so they wrote what they thought it was, 3 Greek letters. Here is Revelation 13:18 in Greek. The red box is the fabled 666 devised because the letters mean absolutely NOTHING in Greek. So, translators use Gematria which is number value substitution for the letter. That is, A=1, B=2, C=3, etc.

59a60f16ebf18_ScreenShot2017-08-29at9_02_49PM.png.748267b7718aaec9f2e63c964306f556.png

Here's the red box blown up.

59a60f149ac05_ScreenShot2017-08-29at9_02_59PM.png.ab75e48dab2737b914b4465a332062e0.png

In Arabic the letter (removed from above) means "in."

59a60f1990899_ScreenShot2017-08-29at9_03_05PM.png.3870eca7a46a9a85c010202ebbe04a21.png

The "x" or chi, is used in Islam as crossed swords.

59a6102826401_ScreenShot2017-08-29at9_08_23PM.png.45ab166842705cf79c15479d92244f94.png

59a60f1aaeebe_ScreenShot2017-08-29at9_03_13PM.png.512276f8a6418efe4922787ff000b9dc.png

In Arabic, it's the symbol of the swords and "In the name of Allah" Below left is the phrase in Arabic for you to compare.

59a60f1830b4d_ScreenShot2017-08-29at9_03_29PM.png.4ed63897e43ed41d747c3f6f07846eb8.png

What John saw was the words "In the name of Allah".

Revelation 13:18 (proper translation)
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding consider the multitude of the beast: for it is the multitude of a man; and his multitude is χξς.

Original: ἀριθμός
- Transliteration: Arithmos
- Phonetic: ar-ith-mos'
- Definition:
1. a fixed and definite number
2. an indefinite number, a multitude

- Original: ψηφίζω
- Transliteration: Psephizo
- Phonetic: psay-fid'-zo
- Definition:
1. to count with pebbles, to compute, calculate, reckon
2. to give one's vote by casting a pebble into the urn
3. to decide by voting

So first, this will require wisdom and understand. Gematria (number substitution for letters) is not in the word of God and is only applied here for reasons men have tried to identify what John was saying instead of waiting on its fulfillment, 2 Pet 1:20. Still, it is a prophecy that we need to understand in order to recognize its fulfillment. Here is what a former Muslim terrorist, now a Christian has to say about this:

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding reckon (or decide, discern) the multitude of the beast, for it is the multitude of a man [that is, Muhammad and or the Mahdi - Antichrist] and his multitude [are identified through the following] "In the name of Allah and the two swords (or Jihad)." Walid Shoebat

Seems a whole lot more plausible today than the Gematria solutions of William Jefferson Clinton, Ronald Wilson Reagan, George W. Bush, Bill Gates, Mikhail Gorbachev, Pope, Vicarius Filii Dei, or the Hebrew rendition of Neron Kaisar, and any other questionable world leader. Even the World Wide Web since in Hebrew the w is a vav and holds the value of 6, WWW, 666. Utter ridiculousness. In fact, the truth is many of the fragments of this verse when applying Gematria have 616, as well as 665. Could these inconsistencies not be the result of scribes trying to understand the writing of John of a foreign language - Arabic - mistaking them for Greek letters, which in today's characters Arabic is just as different as Hebrew today compared to David's day?

The assumption of the scribes was that of the rest of the book is in Greek, these squiggles must be too. Hence the error in not just transcribing what John wrote and warned of Rev 22:19. No other writing in scriptures gives this warning.

Interestingly, or not, the song by Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" contains Bismillah and Beelzebub, Ba'al or Lord of the Flies!

59a60bc359384_ScreenShot2017-08-29at8_49_39PM.png.afd402c29087922a0186f0e7e1e752eb.png

Freddy Mercury has an Iranian heritage and is a Zoroastrian. Mulsims await the mark of the beast:

“the task of the Beast will be to distinguish the believers from the non believers...it will draw a line on the forehead of every muslim believer whereby his face will become bright and luminous.”
[Abu Huraira / Tirmidhi, by Sheik Ahmed Ali in “Major Signs before the Day of Judgement”]

Finally, why would taking a piece of man-made technology (RFID chip, tattoo, barcode) send you to hell? It wouldn't. To take the mark of the beast is to pledge allegiance to him. To become a muslim, one need only to quote the Shahada in Arabic which means: There is no god but Allah. Muhammad is the messenger of God.

666 is an invention of the devil to mislead the real signs. Unless we're not in the end times at all, then this is all speculation to be ignored.

The word of God doesn't say "666", that's man's translations. It says "χξς" which contains no known meaning. Nowhere in the scriptures is Gematria used. When it is a number, it says the number, "twelve thousand". It's a grave error to apply this wrong thinking to this passage as it'll cause people to miss the truth, which is happening.

On the word "mark" it is:

G5480 χάραγμα charagma (khar'-ag-mah) n.
1. a scratch or etching, i.e. stamp (as a badge of servitude), or scupltured figure (statue)

This is a badge of servitude in John's time. Islam uses these in every event and can be seen whenever they gather in protest or civil unrest or war. Muslims are slaves to Allah, by their own admission.

Islam has a list of conduct in buying an selling: http://www.al-islam.org/a-summary-of-rulings-makarim-shirazi/rules-selling-and-buying issue 745

Our money has the marks of presidents, except for Ben Franklin and Hamilton - recently more. So when the AC comes, his system will bear his mark, his name, or reckoning of his name. Arabic calligraphy is some of the most beautiful of all artistic writings.

"and when the word if fulfilled concerning them, We shall bring fourth a Beast of the Earth to speak unto them because mankind had not faith in Our revelations" Qur'an 27:82

"The job of the Beast will be to distinguish the believers from the non-believers, with Prophet Moses' staff it [the beast] will draw a line on the forehead of every [Muslim] believer whereby his face will become bright and luminous and with the ring of Solomon it will seal the nose of every non-believer where by his whole face will become black." Abu Huraira-Musnad Ahmed/Tirmidhi, by Shaykh Ahmed Ali in his Major Signs Before the Day of Judgement
Notice that Muslims WANT the mark of the beast! There is so much more proving that we need to be watching Islam. After all, when Jesus comes to rule, all the places He fights are Islamic nations. Don't remain stuck in traditions, see the word of God in action, today, now.

Revelation 7:3
Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

G4972 σφραγίζω sphragizo (sfrag-id'-zo) v.
1. to stamp (with a signet or private mark) for security or preservation
2. (by implication) to keep secret, to attest

God puts a security seal on His 144,000 male virgin Jews. Sealed like a vault, sealed like a government document for the Kingdom of God. The mark of the beast isn't God's seal. The word mark about the beast is only used 9 times in the word of God and only found in the book of Revelation with a single exception:

Acts 17:29 (KJV)
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

The devil's mark is a trinket, a sculptured image, something that says "I believe the devil over God Almighty", for which no one who takes and worships the beast will ever enter heaven. So, this thing, is something that thumbs the nose at God and not just a man-made object. It's a belief, it is blasphemy and only the word of God links this. I've been a Christian for over 3 decades and I've never hear one preacher say this, but it is in the word of God. Stick to the word of God and not the vain imaginations of man.

Those 3 letters are Greek letters. They are like saying XEC, which in English means nothing. Take the Greek letters and translate them - you can't. Here's the link: https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/χξϚ

That's the problem. There's no translation for it because it's more possibly Arabic transliterated into Greek by error of the scribes. The idea of 666 comes from both Greek and Hebrew do not have 1,2,3 characters to represent numbers, they use their letters A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Because of this, and because the letters mean nothing in Greek, erroneously people are applying this to the three letters which have a numerical value of 600, 60, and 6. Therefore saying "666". This is not scriptural. If the word of God wants to say a number, it's spelled out like six, seven, twelve thousand, not F, G, ABZZZ. Even in Hebrew nowhere in the word of God is a number substituted for a letter, it spells it out. Gematria is real, and there are gems found in the word of God, but not in the plain text. 666 is a deception of the devil to hide the truth.

I hope this helps. If you want to know what is "666" in Gematria, it's found in Genesis 1:1, not in Revelation.

Hi there!  Nice summary of the pro-walid-shoebat viewpoint...thanks!

But which codex does that image come from?

blessings....