• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Your map is the whole British isles.

I nearly choked on my English fruit cake when I read all that.

So? Even so I don't think it invalidates anything, except at the semantic level.

How you choked over anything won't form any valid argument at any level though. Take care buddy.

Edited by Hawkins
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

13 minutes ago, teddyv said:

That was quite fanciful and convoluted.

Your feeling expressed doesn't form any valid argument though. Actually sometimes people are speechless by showing only some meaningless feelings and assertions.

Edited by Hawkins
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,249
  • Content Per Day:  2.98
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Hawkins said:

Your feeling expressed doesn't form any valid argument though.

True enough. How about: "It's wrong".

666, in all likelihood, refers to Caesar Nero. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, teddyv said:

True enough. How about: "It's wrong".

666, in all likelihood, refers to Caesar Nero. 

Do you realize that this is just yet another assertion?

"666, in all likelihood, refers to Caesar Nero"

You made zero valid argument by far, already after 2 posts. lol.

Sometimes it's funny to see people behaving this way in a discussion board. lol.

Edited by Hawkins

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,249
  • Content Per Day:  2.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Hawkins said:

Do you realize that this is just yet another assertion?

"666, in all likelihood, refers to Caesar Nero"

The claim of 666 referring to Nero is probably the single most accepted reading of this part of Scripture. It makes the most sense historically and would have been well understood by the original audience of the scattered Churches in the Roman Empire. The number is that "of a man". Through gematria of the numbers works out to his name. 

Pulling a map of the British Isles and randomly looking for pictures of leopards and bears that happen to have a passing resemblance to its geographical shape is not soild exegesis of Scripture.

• Well Said! 1

3 minutes ago, teddyv said:

The claim of 666 referring to Nero is probably the single most accepted reading of this part of Scripture. It makes the most sense historically and would have been well understood by the original audience of the scattered Churches in the Roman Empire. The number is that "of a man". Through gematria of the numbers works out to his name. 

Pulling a map of the British Isles and randomly looking for pictures of leopards and bears that happen to have a passing resemblance to its geographical shape is not soild exegesis of Scripture.

First I made a whole explanation. It's not even honest to refer it to as a random pull.

Second. no one in this world can come to a conclusion that he can actually understand the book of Revelation in full, let alone the 666 puzzle. Face it. This could be the only fact you need to know!

Edited by Hawkins

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, Hawkins said:

no one in this world can come to a conclusion that he can actually understand the book of Revelation in full, let alone the 666 puzzle.

Or 616 as in some manuscripts. Germatria is the same though. Have you considered the idea 1) it already happened mostly and was written before 70 AD. 2) the recapitulation of the plagues and bowls are hyperbole. 3) the part where the stars are mentioned is actual. 

star chart.jpg

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/19/2018 at 1:34 PM, JoeCanada said:

From the Gospel of John:

John 6:66

"From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with Him"

How appropriate! 

In the last days, many who claim to be Christians will fall away.

They will take the "mark of the beast....666"

They will walk no more with Him!

What a sad reality. 

Interesting point.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The biggest robber of the plan of God (who desires all men be saved... 1 Timothy 2:3-4) is

human tradition.

Mark 7:13 (NASB95)
13 thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”

I recall 40 years ago, being a believer for 14 years at the time, being shocked listening to the original Bible Answer Man Doctor

Walter Martin... who taught that the word of God has answers. The Bible teaches absolute truth. I believed Jesus, but all I experiended

in all the Churches I ever attended was that "this is what WE believe.." doctrines... and often times pastors and bible teachers played the

devil's advocate in siting what other people believe about the same points they were teaching.

So, when it came to truth and / or the reliability of the Bible... most taught or strongly implied "who the heck knows? Come to Church, pay your nickel and pick and choose what you want to believe..." - Walter Ralston Martin.

Psalm 138:2 (NASB95)
2 I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.

Psalm 119:105 (NASB95)
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (NASB95)
1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Hebrews 10:4–7 (NASB95)
4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, “Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, But a body You have prepared for Me;
6 In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You have taken no pleasure.
7 “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come (In the scroll of the book it is written of Me) To do Your will, O God.’ ”

Mark 7:7 (NASB95)
7 ‘But in vain do they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.’

Matthew 16:13 (NASB95)
13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”

Matthew 16:17 (NASB95)
17 And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 16:23 (NASB95)
23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but man’s.

Jesus prayed at least three times in the high priestly prayer (John 17) that the Church be one AS HE AND THE FATHER ARE ONE.  You want to see how pervasive the traditions of man are in the Church? Look around. How many divisions. fractures, splits, denominations... etc. are there?  How many appeal to the authority of man for doctrines? For interpretations of scriptures? Or who elevate their commentaries, doctrinal platforms, traditions, seminary teachings, papal bulls, catechisms, etc. over Holy Writ (as interpreted by the Holy Spirit who authored it)? 

We scoff at Mormons who subject the Word of God to the "proper interpretation" of the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrines and Covenant... and we do the same freakin' thing with our traditions and books which we elevate above the Holy Word of Almighty God.

When the antichrist returns from the abyss, aided by enslaving technology and the beleaguered (by traditions) Church, his take over of the world will be a walk in the park. Sadly.