darts180yeah

stages to christian

care to share at here about the stages to becoming a christian. is it really as simple as just saying that you accept jesus and then start reading bible and start church going or meet with other christians. is that all there is to it? 

I just wondered you as some people when they get very serious about it they get 'born again' but I'm not really sure if that's necessary because there's a chance you might 'sin' and then later on have to get born again lol it's like a cycle. I think it's safe to say this earthly life is like a lesson or a test and you gotta try and survive the best you can even if the times are hard yeah. I sometimes wonder why they bother with christening's on the young as when they get older they would probably sin a few times then need to be born again and again.  

You dont get born again... and again.  you will more than likely have to repent again and again.  I know I do. 

The truth about what Christianity really is... is a personal relationship with God.  when we believe in our heart Jesus Christ died to pay for our sins, and is risen from the grave, and we call upon Him to save us, or to come into our heart/life, He reveals Himself to us. and then we know Him.  when we do this we cant keep living the same way.  we have to turn from our sins and Live for God.  As you walk with God He will show you things thats sin and He expects you to repent, or stop doing it.  The truth is we will mess up, but when we have our minds and heart made up that we will serve God and live for Him He will help us.  He will give us every tool to obey Him if we are willing to.  If there is something we cant stop doing and we faithfully seek Him thru prayer He will change us.  I am not the same person I used to be before God came into my life.  He has restored relationships that were dead, and really changed me and the way i think/look at life and the world.  also how i interact with people. 

but it does not stop at salvation.  we must keep pursuing God in our life.  The thing to keep in mind is that God does love us very much, Jesus died horribly to pay the penalty for our sin.  he actually wants to have a relationship with us.

This is a good place to learn a lot about God.  feel free to ask whatever and if you want you can pm me.  there are people on this website that will pray with/for you and care about people coming to Jesus and having success in walking with God.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

thanks, it seems time helps alot, you sort of grow in this over the years. let's hope there's enough time though as there's so many people saying the lord is coming but one thing I have seen is no one is 100percent sure of an actual date or time but they seem very sure it will happen. it's quite worrying to think that there is this 'timer' going on to get saved before it's too late, just think there must be 100's of people that come here or other christian places but any douts or things they need to discover are holding them back, it's like so many lost souls will lose out here.

7 hours ago, darts180yeah said:

thanks, it seems time helps alot, you sort of grow in this over the years. let's hope there's enough time though as there's so many people saying the lord is coming but one thing I have seen is no one is 100percent sure of an actual date or time but they seem very sure it will happen. it's quite worrying to think that there is this 'timer' going on to get saved before it's too late, just think there must be 100's of people that come here or other christian places but any douts or things they need to discover are holding them back, it's like so many lost souls will lose out here.

you are right about Growing in God, even the bible refers to new born-again Christians as babes in Christ and needing a diet of milk referring to basic principles in scripture..  and we learn and grow in faith as we walk with Him.

and its also true that all the signs of the times are here.  Jesus told us no man or angel knows the day or the hour He will return.  He said only the Father knows, and that Jesus had told us all He knew.  its not for us to know a time or date or Jesus would have told us.  but instead He gave us signs.  and a good many can be found in matthew 24, mark 13 and luke 21.  wars and rumors of war, diseases, famines, people being persecuted and killed for the faith, earthquakes and other various natural disasters spread out... and they do not show all of them on tv or news.  there are many more than they are showing.  time is running out.  now is the time to Give your heart to Jesus.  He said when He comes the door will be shut... meaning no one at that time and from then on will have salvation as an option available to them.  God will not strive with man forever. 

If you can see this is happening in the world then its not by chance.  God is showing you.  there are many out there who do not or will not see it.  and The Bible tells us there is an appointed time.  God has indeed got a time and date set, but He is not telling us when.  its just up to us to call upon Him, turn from our sin, and turn to Him. 

we dont discover God in any other means than by crying out to Him from our heart.  The Bible says when you seek Him with your whole heart you will find Him.  there is nothing as good, or wonderful, or awesome as Knowing The Living God. 

Have you given much thought to praying or to being saved?

• Thumbs Up 1

There are three stages of being a Christian , 1)Father I am a sinner, 2)Jesus saved me and is renewing my mind and 3) the attitude of a mature Christian "not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." - Philippians 2:4

Edited by Scott Free

i know what you mean and I know so many at here from forums or from mobile chat are suggesting or hinting or praying or pushing for me to convert lol I still have douts and it's like being pulled in different directions. i know i need let go of the past and I may lose a handful of my friends because of it as they have different beliefs or are sceptical. if only the process was easier lol it's almost very draining to your energy levels yeah.

True repentance is the foundation. Anyone can say a few words...but do you mean them? Does the person really recognize that they are a hopeless sinner, wicked to the core, and do they desire to change that? Reciting words so you have the insurance policy of heaven after a life of sin is not what Christianity is. True repentance will, without question, begin to birth real change in the way a person thinks and speaks and acts and lives.

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, darts180yeah said:

i know what you mean and I know so many at here from forums or from mobile chat are suggesting or hinting or praying or pushing for me to convert lol I still have douts and it's like being pulled in different directions. i know i need let go of the past and I may lose a handful of my friends because of it as they have different beliefs or are sceptical. if only the process was easier lol it's almost very draining to your energy levels yeah.

I suggest you keep it simple. Start with just talking to God. Tell him all you think and feel. Tell Him your doubts, fears, hope, about your friends - all of it. He will neither condemn you or judge you. He will listen to you.

It doesnt have to be complicated, maybe talk to him like you would write to someone. Start with 'Dear Lord', and end with 'In the name of Jesus'. Its can be many small, short conversations to Him, whenever, wherever.

And see what happens. 

2 hours ago, darts180yeah said:

its important when you come to God that you be sold out to Him.  you cant be pulled around by friends or the cares of this life.  You cant be friends with God and the world.  If you make a vow to God and then break it thats way worse than just not ever making the vow in the first place.  God does not want people who are riding the fence.  He wants people who are dedicated to Him.  In the Old Testament the first commandment of the ten comandments was thou shall have no other gods before me, and thats first because God wants to be first in your life.  And in the New Testament the two commands are Love God and then love your neighbor.  God still comes first. 

the pulling of different directions you speak of is a good place to think on.  The bible tells us to be friends with the world is to be Gods enemy.  the pulling you are speaking of is you are hearing of God calling you, but the world is pulling you back.  In the book of Deuteronomy God says he sets before us life and death, good and evil, and He says to choose good so that we may live, and there are many more blessings it speaks of in there too.  but if we do not choose life and good then by default we choose evil and death.  by not making the choice to choose God we choose the world, we choose death, we choose to reject God.  Back in the garden of eden when adam and eve lived there were two trees named, the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life.  because adam and eve ate the fruit God said not to it brought sin into the world.  God told adam not o eat the fruit because on the day you do you shall surely die... but adam lived many many years more... physically.  when they ate that fruit it brought death to their spirit, they became disconnected from God... and when God came walking in the garden in the cool of the evening as He was accustomed to He called out to Adam... where are you?  once He disobeyed God that sin put distance and enmity between man annd God... and adam being the first man, he cause every human to be born since to be born into sin, to be born with a sinful nature.  and this is why we need Jesus.  Without becoming Born again and having faith in God we remain dead to God, but if we believe on Him, call upon Him, and turn from our fallen nature, he will save us and once again breath life into us.  in Genesis it says God formed man from the soil and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils and he became a living soul, before Jesus ascended he breathed on them and said receive ye the Holy Ghost.  In Him is life, and He wants to give you life, and life more abundantly. 

If there is something you do not understand or you have doubts on you can pray and ask God to show you.  you can ask here too.  anything you have doubts on or do not understand.  but this is something you should not take lightly.  the outcome of your decision will result in your eternity with or with out God.  God loves you so very much.  and people want you to know God and His love and so they tell you about this.  there is not any thing greater than to know Jesus, there is no greater Love. 

do you have any doubts or something you do not understand you would like to share or ask?

Edited by Cletus

I have scanned the posts and amen most all that has been said. It is personal and we change with every day that we spend with Jesus. it is nor a casual thing. Over time as I began to see from broader   perspective. Today we can see all kinds of unbiblical practices. perverse ways are now being accepted.

Christianity has become big business. Over 35 yrs being a believer I have seen it. Many here have probably seen the worldliness that has become what we call Christianity. Which no longer represents the church that was first called Christian at Antioch. The word Christian is just an umbrella name that covers all kinds of beliefs and corruptions I no longer identify with. I know most will always call themselves Christians, but for me Im just one who follows Christ. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I still attend a small denominational church but not member of the traditional system. My faith in Christ is real and always will be deeply personal.   At the judgment of believers I will stand alone as all of us will. 

God bless

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1