darts180yeah

stages to christian

6 hours ago, discipler777 said:

After some years of study, here's my summary of the Bible or Word of God.

0. God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient. God has His throne in heaven.(EZE.1, REV.4) Satan and his demons rebelled against God.(ISA.14:12, EZE.28:17, REV.12:4-9)
....... God-in-heaven desired to replace the spiritual rebels with S'piritual humans. Earth is like a test-bed for this purpose.

1. On earth, all humans are born sinful/evil/satanic because of Adam's Original Sin = unclean/dirty/unholy = bound for hell when they die.(ROM.5:12)

2. Because of 1. , no humans on earth can see the true face of God and live or qualify to be in heaven.(EXO.33:20, JOHN.1:18 & 5:37)

3. To save fallen humans, God-in-heaven endeavoured to come down to earth in lesser forms as the invisible Spirit or as the visible human(= Angel of God or Jesus Christ). (JOHN.8:58/EXO.3:14, JOHN.1:1 & 14, 1TIM.3:16, 2COR.3:17, ISA.9:6)
....... As the Spirit in the yet-to-be-revealed Jesus Christ, God-in-heaven gave His Law to Moses and the Jews, in order to curb humans' inborn tendency to commit sins/evil-deeds/satanic-deeds.(DEUT.28)
....... As Jesus Christ, God-in-heaven gave the apostles and Christians the sacrificial Lamb of God on the Cross(JOHN.1:29), in order to save them from hell when they die = the free gift of salvation or the kingdom of heaven through faith in Jesus Christ/God.(JOHN.3:14-18, LEV.17:11, HEB.9:22, MATT.4:17, GAL.2:16)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

A good analogy of our One and Only God is our one and only sun.
... God-the-Father-in-heaven sends His invisible Spirit and His visible Son-Jesus to earth to sustain immortal life = the sun-in-outer-space sends her invisible warmth/heat and her visible light to earth to sustain mortal life.
The Bible or Word of God can be broken down into 2 parts, the Old and New Testaments/Covenants, ie,

(i) if you want to have a good n long life on earth, you need to keep the Law/Word of God.(DEUT.28, MATT.19:21, ACTS.15:24-29, cf; 1COR.5:1-5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-19),

(ii) if you want to go to heaven when you die, you need to be saved from hell by Jesus the Christ/Messiah/Savior.(MATT.5:27-30, ROM.5:12, LEV.17:11, HEB.9:22, JOHN.3:16, 1COR.6:9-11, REV.22:12-15)

Christians should aim to achieve both, ie to gain both blessings from God, eg MATT.19:16-23's rich young ruler if he had only followed Jesus to become perfect. Both blessings require faith in God/Jesus, ie believe that He will bless them accordingly.(HEB.11:1-6) Cf; in contrast, obey or follow like a robot or a pack of wild dogs/wolves.
Bc of our inherited Adam's Original Sin, we have the dual problems of INVOLUNTARY satanic/evil/sinful thoughts, eg immoral lust, hate, anger, greed, selfishness, jealousy, fear/worries, doubts, etc, ...and VOLUNTARY satanic/evil/sinful deeds, eg blasphemy, idolatry, murder, adultery/fornication/rape, stealing, lying/cheating/defrauding, etc.
....... The former resulted in being cursed/sent to hell when we die(GEN.3:14-16) and the latter resulted in being cursed by God with a sad and short life on earth. God's Law solved the latter and God's Son solved the former.
....... Usually, before someone committed murder, he/she had originally harbored hate or greed or lust or jealousy or etc in his/her heart and mind.(source is spiritually from Satan - JOHN.8:44, MATT.16:23 & 23:27, MARK.7:21, 1JOHN.3:8)) IOW, all humans are born satanic/evil/sinful/unclean, from their hearts to their feet.
 At ACTS.15:24-29, God/Jesus required new Gentile Christians to begin their born-again lives of the Spirit by keeping 4 easy or non-burdensome laws of Moses, ie avoid eating blood, strangled animal sacrifices, foods/things offered to idols and sexual immorality = minimum legal requirement. They are then given time to gradually learn to keep the other laws of Moses which are not a burden(1CORINTHIANS.3:1-3), esp morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments at EXODUS.20, LEVITICUS.10:9 & 18:22-29, DEUTERONOMY.18:9-14, etc. Otherwise, bad things will happen to them for "we reap what we sow".
....... In comparison, Jewish Christians are required by God/Jesus to continue to keep Moses Law, as many laws as possible, because it is not a burden to them.
....... Eg, Gentile Christians should still avoid homosexuality/sexual immorality but can continue to eat non-kosher foods because the former is not a burden but the latter is a burden(ie it's a burden for them to keep the kosher/clean food laws).

IOW, "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing comes upon you"(JOHN.5:14 & 8:11) = those who go and sin some more will be cursed by God with calamities and terrors(1COR.11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-17, PROVERBS.1:26) which may then result in the wilful or ignorant Gentile Christian sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers losing their salvation by losing faith, eg curse God/Jesus and die(1COR.5:1-5, HEBREWS.10:26-31, JOB.2:9, Judas Iscariot.?) 

Faith in God's Son, Jesus = faith in God's Word/Law/commandments because JOHN.1:1 says the Son is the Word and is also God = justified for salvation by faith in Jesus Christ/God alone, and not by the works of the Law/commandments or not by faith+works.

Before Christ(= before His Resurrection and Ascension at around 33AD), only Jews who kept the Law/commandments of God had the opportunity to be saved from hell when they die( 1 Peter 3:19 & 4:6 ), eg Moses and Elijah(MATTHEW.17:3), ie the opportunity to hear the gospel from the resurrected Christ after they died. Those who unrepentantly broke the Law of God were sent to Hades/hell when they die. The rich young Jewish man of LUKE.16:19-31 died young and ended up in Hades/hell because he unrepentantly broke the Law at Deuteronomy 15:11, ie by refusing to do charity work towards the poor and destitute like beggar Lazarus during every Sabbath Year.
....... After Christ, Jews had to believe in Jesus as the Christ/Messiah/Saviour, in order to be saved from hell, ie it was no longer sufficient for them to just keep the Law( Matthew 5:17-48 ) and be given the above opportunity to be saved from hell after they die. This requirement for salvation was later extended to the Gentiles, ie saved by faith alone, and not by the good works of the Law. 

We need to properly differentiate between involuntary satanic/evil/sinful thoughts and voluntary sins/evil deeds, and between involuntary or inborn Gentile and Jewish Christians.

Analogy about involuntary evil/satanic thoughts and voluntary evil-deeds/sins - black crows often squawks noisily over our heads but we should not let them settle and build their dirty nests on our heads. 

Years of study for nothing.

• Oy Vey! 1

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Years of study for nothing.

Thank you for "advertising" my summary of the Bible.

there was one quote i saw, I think it was on facebook,  'come talk about it says the lord, no matter how deep the stains of the sin, we will sort it out' something like that, I cant remember the verse but that there suggests we are all struggling yeah and the temptation is always there and you see it everyday on the newsfeed where the mainstream world is advertised and the people follow it all but when your like me with that explorer style im very aware of the tactics everywhere and see where you can get caught out yeah. 

16 minutes ago, darts180yeah said:

there was one quote i saw, I think it was on facebook,  'come talk about it says the lord, no matter how deep the stains of the sin, we will sort it out' something like that, I cant remember the verse but that there suggests we are all struggling yeah and the temptation is always there and you see it everyday on the newsfeed where the mainstream world is advertised and the people follow it all but when your like me with that explorer style im very aware of the tactics everywhere and see where you can get caught out yeah. 

ISAIAH.1:18-20 (NKJV) = 18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land;
20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword”;
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

There is no sin/evil-deed under the sun which cannot be washed clean by the atoning blood of Jesus Christ for the purpose of saving from hell on death. Eg Paul was a persecuting murderer who got confronted by the Lord/God Jesus Christ personally. Paul repented, was forgiven by God and saved from hell. Thereafter he went and murdered no more(JOHN.5:14 & 8:11) and stopped sinning more ignorant and willful sins. Small unintentional sins, maybe. Nevertheless, God later made him suffer for his earlier sins(ACTS.9:15-16) and he eventually suffered martyrdom. Willful sins/evil-deeds may still have bad consequences even though they have been forgiven by God through the blood of Jesus, eg alcoholism, drug addiction, HIV+/STDs, mental or physical disabilities, etc.

IOW, once saved, try to stay clean or not be dirtied by sins/evil-deeds(= study His Word/Law/commandments) and do the works of God through His Spirit. .......

1TIMOTHY.1:12-18 Glory to God for His Grace

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

• This is Worthy 1

i was thinking earlier about all these higher up people and their roles, like the pope or the priests or the pastors and all that.

i kept thinking to myself how does jesus feel about this, for man is very prone to sin and through out time there's alot of reports of sin within the church yeah, it makes you think is all of this really necessary, it seems to me its more personal and you dont need some really rich guy in a costume telling you about things. fair enough i think their role is like a guide to the christian people but it makes you wonder what they get up to with so much power and lots of money lol these pastor's on tv have very posh lifestyles yeah but i think a true christian at heart would not need any of these earthly pleasures and would help and share and walk amongst the people but not need for a robe or anything like that. 

how do you guys feel at here?

I think you have hit the nail on the head.....I laughed when you mentioned “costumes”. I can’t envision Paul or Peter dressing up in an outfit like the pope .The only humans that dress any sillier would be members of the KKK.Using titles like “ reverend” and “ father” are forbidden by Scripture so they advertise their ignorance of the Word and don’t even realize it.You mention their role as “ guides”. Yes they are guides— blind guides.Not all, perhaps.....only God knows their hearts 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2018 at 3:34 PM, darts180yeah said:

care to share at here about the stages to becoming a christian. is it really as simple as just saying that you accept jesus and then start reading bible and start church going or meet with other christians. is that all there is to it? 

Honestly, I believe there's a lesson to be learned with Jacob wrestling with the Angel (the pre-incarnate Jesus) in Genesis 32.  Before this particular night, Jacob always offered a sacrifice to the God of Abraham and the God of Issac.  It was always the God of His Fathers.  It wasn't until this night when Jacob refused to let go -- and said -- I will not let you go until you bless me -- then God changed His name from Jacob to Israel.  Afterwards, you see how Jacob offered sacrifices to the God of Israel.  It wasn't until his own wrestling match with the Lord -- that it became personal for him.  I believe every believe must go through his own "wrestling" match so to speak with the Lord.

In the 1700s , the famous evangelist Jonathan Edwards listed the stages of saving faith.

The first stage is the awareness of the horror of being eternally lost.

The second stage is the attempt to stop sinning to remove guilt.  The person tries to save himself any way he can, and comes to the futile realization that he cannot save himself.

The third stage is the realization that the seeker cannot save himself that only God can save him from his sin.

The fourth stage is the conviction that God is just in His judgment.  God is just in his condemnation of sin and the penalty of his sin.  The seeker comes to the place where he realizes that God does not have to save him and finds himself utterly at the mercy of God.

The fifth stage when the seeker becomes to have an affection for God and the Holy Spirit pours out upon the seeker the gift of salvation and fills his heart with the joy of knowing the seeker is truly saved.  Saving faith will fill a person so deeply that His and life are forever changed.  The new believer is so filled with love, that the believer can't wait to be in the arms of His savior.  And its this love that permeates his being and has a love that passes human understanding, even love that has the ability to love his enemies.

I hope this answers your question fully,

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• This is Worthy 2

4 hours ago, George said:

Honestly, I believe there's a lesson to be learned with Jacob wrestling with the Angel (the pre-incarnate Jesus) in Genesis 32.  Before this particular night, Jacob always offered a sacrifice to the God of Abraham and the God of Issac.  It was always the God of His Fathers.  It wasn't until this night when Jacob refused to let go -- and said -- I will not let you go until you bless me -- then God changed His name from Jacob to Israel.  Afterwards, you see how Jacob offered sacrifices to the God of Israel.  It wasn't until his own wrestling match with the Lord -- that it became personal for him.  I believe every believe must go through his own "wrestling" match so to speak with the Lord.

In the 1700s , the famous evangelist Jonathan Edwards listed the stages of saving faith.

The first stage is the awareness of the horror of being eternally lost.

The second stage is the attempt to stop sinning to remove guilt.  The person tries to save himself any way he can, and comes to the futile realization that he cannot save himself.

The third stage is the realization that the seeker cannot save himself that only God can save him from his sin.

The fourth stage is the conviction that God is just in His judgment.  God is just in his condemnation of sin and the penalty of his sin.  The seeker comes to the place where he realizes that God does not have to save him and finds himself utterly at the mercy of God.

The fifth stage when the seeker becomes to have an affection for God and the Holy Spirit pours out upon the seeker the gift of salvation and fills his heart with the joy of knowing the seeker is truly saved.  Saving faith will fill a person so deeply that His and life are forever changed.  The new believer is so filled with love, that the believer can't wait to be in the arms of His savior.  And its this love that permeates his being and has a love that passes human understanding, even love that has the ability to love his enemies.

I hope this answers your question fully,

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

Wow.....utterly brilliant.....sue me if you want,  but I am going to steal this and spread it wherever I can...lol...I am not too familiar with the writings of Jonathan Edwards......that will change immediately! Thanks so much for passing this on!

Edited by Blood Bought 1953