sermonindex

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Over 3 years ago, God started to speak to me deeply on the great sin of division, slander, and gossip in the body of Christ. God started to have me in situations where great hurt was being done and I saw first hand the way the enemy used these tactics to destroy and hurt the testimony of Jesus Christ in others lives. One of many devotional articles I wrote during that time was called: God's Church Is Sacred In This Earth. The premise of the devotion was a warning that when we speak against the body of Christ we speak against God's Sacred Church of whom we are all a part. 

Recently, God spoke to Francis Chan on that exact same verse (1 Corinthians 3:17) to give us a loving warning to the body of Christ against division.

Here is a recent statement Francis made in regards to people who divide and leave Church fellowship:

"There is this terrifying verse in 1 Timothy where Paul talked about two men who rejected the faith. Paul said that he had handed them over to Satan, by which he meant that he’d put them outside of the church (1:20). Basically, these men were actively opposing the works of God, so rather than pretending everything was fine, Paul removed them from the safety and blessings of the fellowship of believers. He was hoping that the misery of being separated from the church would lead them to repent. Are you catching the weight of this? Paul equated removal from the church with being handed over to Satan! It is crazy to me that we live in a time when people are voluntarily doing this to themselves! No church has placed them outside of the fellowship; instead, they’ve handed themselves over to Satan!"

What a sobering thought that those in our day in North America being critical of so much that is called Christian are doing to themselves what Paul the Apostle had to recommend Timothy to do to others as a last resort to have them repent of their pride and sins. 

We are living in a day where we are judging others and not ourselves. We are finding it easy to be critical of everything but our own sins we ourselves struggle with. 

Francis again shares on how God wants to send real unity to the body of Christ: 

"Real love, unity and blessing were supposed to be found in the church. Many are having a hard time finding that, so they’re setting off on their own. Jesus said that the world would see the supernatural unity and love we share in the church and believe in Him through that. But we’re not experiencing it. We’ve given up on it. We no longer believe it is possible."

Perhaps we can start to change our minds and start looking towards others with seeing their good and not bad, speaking blessings over others and not curses. Remember we are fitted together in a temple of God with all saints of all ages. And Francis gives the example of someone taking a sledgehammer to this temple. What a fearful thing to do, of course we would depart from such an individual for fear of what God Himself would do to him. As the Scripture says, "Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them" (Titus 3:10). 

Edited by Steve_S
Removed video. Please post videos in the appropriate video forum.
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I don't disagree with the content, but i think it's important for people to understand that unity should never come at the sacrifice of sound doctrine. I think it's important to address that concurrently. Addressing only one or only the other can lead to terrible consequences in the long term.

Good point. I guess how that flesh's out can determine if it is done in the spirit of Christ or in a critical abusive way.  There are many doctrinal errors that do not lead to death and leaders in the body of Christ to be able to instruct people gently in the truth. Also with such divisions we find ourselves in (42,000 denominations) we have to be slow to judge and quick to listen and be willing to change or admit I "only saw in part." 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,382
  • Content Per Day:  2.71
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, sermonindex said:

Good point. I guess how that flesh's out can determine if it is done in the spirit of Christ or in a critical abusive way.  There are many doctrinal errors that do not lead to death and leaders in the body of Christ to be able to instruct people gently in the truth. Also with such divisions we find ourselves in (42,000 denominations) we have to be slow to judge and quick to listen and be willing to change or admit I "only saw in part." 

Well explained content that I agree with. I've always thought there were a lot of denominations out there, but didn't know how many. This is about the third time I've run across that 42,000 number at different places. I think I'll Google and see if they list them all anywhere. Imagine, 42,000 splits and divisions over theology, doctrine in about 2,000 years? That's about 21 splits a year if it were linear. Wow!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.42
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

How can anyone take anything Francis Chan says seriously when he hangs out with people like Todd White, Mike Bickle and Bill Johnson?   In other words, he hangs out with some of the people at the forefront of the New Apostolic Reformation which is as false a movement as they come.  So if anyone is taking a sledgehammer to the temple Chan would be one of the people holding it.

You do not embrace false doctrine to pursue ecumenicalism.

COBALT IS RIGHT EVERYONE .  THIS IS NOTHING but a deceptive way into that sorry false unity .   I knew nothing about francis chan .  BUT I KNOW THEM OTHERS

are FALSE FALSE FALSE  ,  and this is all a way , to only get us under and in agreement with ROME .   ITS all a farce .

We must resist this movement at all costs .     Its only going to get darker and worse these delusions they sneakily and craftily do .

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

19 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Lets remember that there are a lot of wolves in sheeps clothing out there, intent of deceiving the flocks. Many of these denominations may not be Christian based at all, regardless of what they call themselves. 

Only a few will be teaching correct doctrine and bible study. I do not see the sense in agreement for agreements sake. Unity is over rated. Jesus came to bring a sword to divide us.

I make no apology for opposing false teaching and defending the true Faith. I have no interest in ecumenicalism if it involves compromising the Word of God.

Jesus did not hold back against the Scribes and Pharisees, and neither should we hold back against false teaching.

It is better to be alone with Jesus than in fellowship with false 'churches'

YES SISTER .  STAND ON THE ETERNAL WORD of OUR LORD .  We must resist this movment .  AND they are very sneaky .   Its all brought in under a false love

a false unity , it honors Lies .    flat out lies .    We must avoid and expose it .  And all must be on guard ,  for this has crept even into lil ol tiny farm churches too .

Its like a cancer that grows like gangrene .     You loved sister .     YES expose it  .   All this fake lovey , lets trample truth under foot for unity .

But they are clever sister .  cause they will come with some truths ,  use the bad examples to try andget unity ,   when really the spirit behind this move

is just trying to deceive all into A UNITY .   BUT THOSE who are THE LORDS , will not buy their clever tricks and schemes .  YOU LOVED SISTER .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

FRANCIS CHAN is all part of the deception.

As many are .     FLEE THEM ALL.

ANY seasoned man of GOD , WOULD KNOW and have their senses ALREADY exercised to discern between the true and the false , between evil and good .

IF francis cant see those others are false ,  ITS FLAT out because he is part of that agenda .

But it gets worse than this ,    many would be amazed at not only HOW HIGH up this agenda goes , BUT even how many of the common folks are already under it

and got no idea THEY ARE under it .    WHEN I say this agenda goes to the top .  I MEAN TOP .   its all been long planned out and long ago

they set out to slowly deceive churches with popular books ,  to break down the senses of the church , so as they could keep brining in worse and worse things and ideals .

THIS is all about A ONE WORLD MINDSET which will include not only the different denomiations , but even secular ,  even other religions .

AND they using it and selling it to all groups , IN different ways .    They sell it to secular per PC ,  the churches also through inclusiveness, seeker friendly was a big start on this .

They sell it to each faith n a way that panders to that denomination , yet will unify AT LEAST in the mindset unity for peace .

they sold it to protesants one way and the sects within Protestantism they sold it individually in each ones own way , BUT NOW

have morphed into an even larger darkness as in some circles the bigger plan is already seen , not just the unification of all christendom

BUT the unification with other religions too , and all under WHO .         ROME .

What a wicked cancer SHE is and now we got the faiths hollering ,  unity with THAT , and the leaders ,  they all met with ROME

and came back and started really pushing this unity .   KENNETH and todd white are huge on it , and so is beth and scores of others .

Go ,  look at what both KENNY and the POPE have calledthis .        they want to heal something .

they call it ............HEALING THE WOUND .         

YEP , no wonder our churches abandoned end time prophecy long ago in place of a wicked all inclusive works gospel .

Cause I seem to remember a phrase IN revelation .   ABOUT whose DEADLY WOUND was HEALED .   this is all BAD NeWS ,    NOW LETS FLEE THIS .

COME YE OUT FROM AMONG THESE FALSE UNIIFYERS AND BE YE HOLY , TOUCH NOT THE UNCLEAN THING . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

amen to that!!!!

Let us realize this too .    How come as of late the focus is becoming unity .  THE FOCUS IS and SHOULD BE ON TRUTH , GOD , CHRIST and then UNITY WITH THOSE

who LOVE HIM , not the world , BUT HIM .

its all backwards . they dumbed down many with a backwards relationship  too.   Look at the majority mindset now a days about relationship.

IT stems on HUMANITY FIRST ,    people first .    BUT IT SHOULD BE ,   As JESUS taught , any who loves mother , father , brother , wife , husband MORE than ME

is not worthy of ME .    IF we have that LOVE ,  then we can see clearly how to LOVE , and that love WILL CORRECT and WILL exalt TRUTH FIRST putting

Christ first .   They are super slick .   cause they focus on and use love thy neighbor as thyself ,   YET idont see LOVE FOR TRUTH IN THEM

SO no wonder they don't know how to correct or pull a speck out of an eye.  they too busying loving the sinner right to death , instead of correcting the one in error . 

ITS Just bad news , and it has been and will get only worse .  

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

YEP .   PAUL sure did say that .    ONLY here is how he said it .  MARK those who cause divisions , who teach contrary TO SOUND DOCTRINE

mark those and have NO UNITY or COMPANY with them.

SO YES beware of DIVISION in the churches and beware of this false UNITY which omits what paul both said and taught .

IF any teaches otherwise and consents not to the wholesome words of our LORD .

The teachings CHRIST and the apostels gave , SURE SOUND WAY DIFFERENT that the implications many teach today for this sorry inclusive unity .

SOUNDS like its time for a complete return to BIBLE only reading and a pure first love which HONORS CHRIST FIRST back on hearts .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1