IGNORED

how can single people encourage married people?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/23/2018 at 9:02 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

In their marriage and in their faith.

We can't. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

2 hours ago, IowaChristiangal said:

We can't. 

Of course we may. "Encourage" or "exhort" or "prophesy to" or "help".

You can tell a married couple today, "You are a great example to me, and I can learn from you how to be a better partner, someday when I marry."

That's encouragement.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

5 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Of course we may. "Encourage" or "exhort" or "prophesy to" or "help".

You can tell a married couple today, "You are a great example to me, and I can learn from you how to be a better partner, someday when I marry."

That's encouragement.

Married couples look down at single people. And unless you're related to them you might as well stay away. Because the opposite gender spouse will be rude to you to " get their point across that they're taken"(duh we know) and the same gender spouse will be cruel to you because no matter what they have it in their heads that your after their spouse... It's a lose lose situation. Avoid it. You'll feel better about yourself.

1 minute ago, IowaChristiangal said:

Married couples look down at single people. And unless you're related to them you might as well stay away. Because the opposite gender spouse will be rude to you to " get their point across that they're taken"(duh we know) and the same gender spouse will be cruel to you because no matter what they have it in their heads that your after their spouse... It's a lose lose situation. Avoid it. You'll feel better about yourself.

Very respectfully, why are the people in your church that cruel? Is it time to fellowship with more loving people? And why would a married think a single who communicates with their couple is "after their spouse"?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

How can I as a single person be an encouragement to married people in the church without getting in the way?

Pray and stay silent. When you are married you'll need it, prayer that is. And you'll most likely not need side comments meant to encourage. Let those up to the elder couples who have been through the fire.

Stay out of it, marriage is sacred ground.

20 hours ago, Zemke said:

Pray and stay silent. When you are married you'll need it, prayer that is. And you'll most likely not need side comments meant to encourage. Let those up to the elder couples who have been through the fire.

Stay out of it, marriage is sacred ground.

I don't want to press you past your point of faith, but what about verses about singing to one another in Psalms and hymns, admonishing one another, confronting one another, etc.? My very point on the thread was as a newlywed and after couple, singles treated my wife and me like we had the plague.

56 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

I don't want to press you past your point of faith, but what about verses about singing to one another in Psalms and hymns, admonishing one another, confronting one another, etc.? My very point on the thread was as a newlywed and after couple, singles treated my wife and me like we had the plague.

Isn't that fairly standard? All relationships are changed after that. Everyone will find their way with some not skipping a beat because you had a strong friendship to begin with but that will change too.  It's marriage.

My comment was meant to address the ministry of some sort for encouragement. I say a single person is free and best to stay out of it. If you notice something you interpret as a struggle in their marriage just pray and thank the Lord you're single. Relational things of how people treat one another after their friends get married is something else but people backing away is standard and they are finding their footing also and most likely just leaving you alone. I would think the responsibility would be on the married couple to reach out to those they had hung around by still hanging around them but then again, You're Married!

17 hours ago, Zemke said:

Isn't that fairly standard? All relationships are changed after that. Everyone will find their way with some not skipping a beat because you had a strong friendship to begin with but that will change too.  It's marriage.

My comment was meant to address the ministry of some sort for encouragement. I say a single person is free and best to stay out of it. If you notice something you interpret as a struggle in their marriage just pray and thank the Lord you're single. Relational things of how people treat one another after their friends get married is something else but people backing away is standard and they are finding their footing also and most likely just leaving you alone. I would think the responsibility would be on the married couple to reach out to those they had hung around by still hanging around them but then again, You're Married!

No, it's not "standard" in this world to assume marrieds have coodies the second they get married, and stay constantly away from them, assuming the couple wants to spend every second of every day for the coming years in total privacy. It shows an incredible insensitivity IMO.

And no, is there a Bible verse that a single brother can address an area he sees in a single brother's life but must decline to respond/reprove if the brother is married?

4 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

No, it's not "standard" in this world to assume marrieds have coodies the second they get married, and stay constantly away from them, assuming the couple wants to spend every second of every day for the coming years in total privacy. It shows an incredible insensitivity IMO.

And no, is there a Bible verse that a single brother can address an area he sees in a single brother's life but must decline to respond/reprove if the brother is married?

Well I've been miss understood many times on a message board and this is no exception. So for the sake of preventing escalation, it's best to let this one go. 

1 hour ago, Zemke said:

Well I've been miss understood many times on a message board and this is no exception. So for the sake of preventing escalation, it's best to let this one go. 

I apologize, I'm not trying to be contentious, or rude. I am passionate that people reach out when they see signals, sin can be prevented that way.