IGNORED

Can a robot substitute for pastoral care? Can it bring a theological perspective to our prayers (relationship factor)?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Can a robot substitute for pastoral care? Can it bring a theological perspective to our prayers (relationship factor)?

Christianity is not about religious activities or mere confession; it centers on the person of Jesus Christ who is the absolute mediator between Mankind and God the father. The essence of Christianity is "Relationship." Thus, worshiping an idol is wrong; having another mediator (any human being) is idolatrous. Worst of all, a new spiritual virus, by human intelligent activity without God, is born recently. They called it Robot Priest or Pastor.

Here it is: "Robot priest unveiled in Germany to mark 500 years since Reformation"

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/30/robot-priest-blessu-2-germany-reformation-exhibition?fbclid=IwAR16ZEli1xnIKctvJSu9Hjo3RATZJ1Xq_HUGOWTk7PbBpSwI7Lc7QiCHHNg

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Well, to the degree that it can recite scripture, that is probably about the same as hearing it spoken, not much different than reading scripture here are Worthy, or on Bible site. After all, what are you doing here, if not using a machine?

The machine cannot interact with you on a truly personal level, it does not care. It probably is not able to read between the line, or read body language or facial expressions, or voice intonation, etc. at least not at this stage of development.

So, in that, it is not going to substitute for a pastor, and as you point out, it certainly cannot intercede as a priest. However, while it is true that there is one intercessor, the man Jesus, that does not mean that people cannot interceed for example, with prayer.

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 1 Tim 2

However, in term of effective incession with God, f for thing like salvation, our prayers can really only align with God's will, I doubt He grants salvation to someone based on what we do in intercessory roles. Same with priesthood. Christians are priests, but they are not the chief Priest that can approach God in a way that not even priest like Aaron could. Heartless, soulless machines, have the limitations of heartless, soulless machines.

If we come to a machine to worship it, that is certainly idolatry.

One roll of a pastor (and even other believers) is to listen to confession. To confess, is humbling, perhaps embarrassing. There is that approaches that, it you talk to a machine. Right now, admit your deepest secret, something you are or should be ashamed of, and tell it to your computer. Is that at all intimidating? I doubt it, and without that intimidation, you won't have the growth that comes from the humility of a confession to another. This is the shortcoming of confessing to God. God already knows, you confess, but you are just saying that you know you sinned. It is saying it to someone who care for, how you risk your reputation and being judged by someone who is one of us, that is why we need to confess our sins, one to another.

So, in short, no, there is nothing remotely equal to human contact, for human, pastoral care or fellowship. Such a robot is as useful as a pastor, as choosing a Roomba Vacuum would be, for a partner in marriage. They both can clean floors, but only one is a relationship.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Absolutely insane. This is the work of the devil.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Let all Christians everywhere reject any attempts by the enemy to substitute anything for the Word of God - the Bible and all it contains.

It has been said that some people want to make a religion out of artificial intelligence.  We don't need religion - we have our Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

One step closer to the World Government. :(

So many things are happening in such a short time , there's something new everyday.

We know who holds the future , come Lord Jesus come!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

See what happens when AI starts to be really perfected.   That's going to be interesting.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

1 hour ago, other one said:

See what happens when AI starts to be really perfected.   That's going to be interesting.

Hmmmnn.  :huh:  I am feeling overwhelmed by the rate at which we are moving now with all this technology; but I turn to Him and He gives me peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hmmmnn.  :huh:  I am feeling overwhelmed by the rate at which we are moving now with all this technology; but I turn to Him and He gives me peace.

Amen !

Fasten your seatbelts..

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

I have relatives involved in the research and it's a lot further along than one would know away from the research.  I get kind of overwhelmed by it also.  I agree that he gives me peace of mind.

Edited by other one
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, other one said:

I have relatives involved in the research and it's a lot further along than one would know away from the research

What do you relatives think of all of this? Are they Christians?