TheApostle

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So I need to know how to sort out dreams and visions. Many times in the Bible God communicated to prophets through dreams and visions. Can we today still receive these communications and how do you know it is from God and not just a normal dream. thanks for your replies in advance.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:58 AM, TheApostle said:

So I need to know how to sort out dreams and visions. Many times in the Bible God communicated to prophets through dreams and visions. Can we today still receive these communications and how do you know it is from God and not just a normal dream. thanks for your replies in advance.

When I was 33 God started. Until then I lived a life you would not be proud of. My testimony of conversion is much to long so I will only talk about 1 vision and one dream. I wanted to believe in God but I did not know how. One night I was sleeping but as soon as I had this vision. I saw myself in front of a mirror but the room was dark. You would have to know the nature of my life. I looked into the mirror but my  reflection was that of a demon. This demon was vile. Then I woke up As I said you would have t now the nature of the life I had lived. I knew this was no normal vision. The refection was mine and God gave me a quick look at this thing that was me.

Some time latter I had another dream. At first I was dreaming the my brother and I were in navy boot camp together. Suddenly I was there anymore but in a completely different place. I saw what appeared to be a monastery but it was night time. There was a courtyard in the middle with walk way around it. I the shadows I saw the figure of a  man who was dressed as a monk with a hooded robe. Then I saw him laying down on the walk next to the courtyard. I went up to him and he was saying something that sounded Arabic. I never saw his face. Suddenly I was back in my original dream with my  brother. When I woke up a remembered the dream  like crystal. I had been convalescing from a broken leg when A Billy Graham. Crusade came on and I watched. After they did a pitch for a Book about the Holy Spirit  I ordered it. I got to a page that was f  Quoting from

Romans 8: 26    Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray as we ought. But The spirit itself maketh intersession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Why  was he laying on the walk? I kept reading and came to where it spoke of the And because you are sons God has Sent forth the spirit of His Son into you hearts crying Abba Father. I hit me that the words from the man on the walk was saying Abba, Abba. Which is to say father I knew the one on the walk was me and I was dying from my sins The Holy Spirit be of Jesus was intersession for me. 

Think what you like but for me it was as real as it gets. I am 73 now and my life changed 0ver thirty five years ago.

God bless

• Praise God! 3

God bless you too, Mike, and thank you for your post. It touched me, and I witnessed to it.

I had dreams before Jesus. I was always running in them but didn't know why until I had no more reason to run.

Turtletwo has posted an excellent video called "The Hound of Heaven" that comes close to describing my experience.

One night I was sitting in my living room watching Joni Eareckson Tada give her testimony on a Billy Graham Crusade. (She suffered a broken neck in a diving accident and is quadriplegic).

I had been to one of his crusades years earlier, in Madison Square Gardens, so a seed had been planted...

I couldn't tell you what she said in her testimony, but I saw whom I perceived as the Presence of the Holy Spirit all over and around her while she was sitting in her wheelchair.

I turned around to look out at the black sky and I told Jesus (in my ignorance) that if I had to be hit by a Mack truck, that I wanted Him, just like she had Him...

...or He had her.

So I surrendered my life to Him as much as I knew how.

I have had a few very simple visions over the years that even the dullest Christian could discern according to Scripture.

I'm like you, think what you like, but He is more Reality than my typing this post right now.

For the law of the Spirit of Life...blessed Holy Spirit of Christ has set me free from the law of sin and death.

Amen.

edit: quadriplegic/not paraplegic

Edited by In Him
clarity

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Heb 1:1  Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2  but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

After the Bible no new revelations or experiences have been given.  If current things can't be validated by Scripture they are not true.  It is necessary that they point to God and bring Him glory.  I am not saying I believe that all gifts of the Spirit ended with the apostles.  I am saying that the misuse of the gifts has increased significantly.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

11 hours ago, Willa said:

Heb 1:1  Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2  but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

After the Bible no new revelations or experiences have been given.  If current things can't be validated by Scripture they are not true.  It is necessary that they point to God and bring Him glory.  I am not saying I believe that all gifts of the Spirit ended with the apostles.  I am saying that the misuse of the gifts has increased significantly.  

Peter said we would have visions and dreams and I have had both. I was sharing my experience. Since it was more personal for me at the time I have no doubt God used them along with other things that brought me To saving faith. I understand what you mean by things lining up with scripture and agree. How ever I would not lock the Lord in a box. The Lord has used ways to talk to me as if he had his hand on my shoulder. Since no one else would grasp that since they are not me. But I believe God wants to speak to all of us personally but most are to busy to hear. I pray they do hear. God is a still small voice so we must shut everything else out to hear. God knows the heart and spirit of everyone of us. Read Psalm 139. 

God bless

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

It is best to keep your dreams and visions to yourself as personal insight. I get a prophetic dream about once a year, usually dealing with the layout of events in my life. I know a dream is special when it is so vivid I remember it for decades.  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Scott Free said:

It is best to keep your dreams and visions to yourself as personal insight. I get a prophetic dream about once a year, usually dealing with the layout of events in my life. I know a dream is special when it is so vivid I remember it for decades.  

I agree too, Scott, that it's best to keep anything personal to yourself...unless the Spirit leads or causes us to share.

Love your new picture :) 

Edited by In Him

26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Ok, so these are just personal revelations, with no message outside yourself? Then why bring up the topic on a public forum?

Why should I cast my pearls away so recklessly? Jesus has led me to witness on many occasions using dreams to help recognize the persons and situations He wanted me to engage. I think it is a wonderful gift. Experiences with the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ can be very personal and near impossible to explain, just the joy of it happening is reward enough.   

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

41 minutes ago, Yowm said:

@Scott Free you gave an OY Vey for the above? Can't you just behave maturely and dialogue? Did I pop a prized bubble of yours?

God bless you.