TheApostle

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is there any sub forum here, dedicated to dreams and the understanding of them?

Were it not for dreams there would be no scripture to speak of. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 11/23/2018 at 1:58 AM, TheApostle said:

So I need to know how to sort out dreams and visions. Many times in the Bible God communicated to prophets through dreams and visions. Can we today still receive these communications and how do you know it is from God and not just a normal dream. thanks for your replies in advance.

The short answer is there is no one rule that works: Every dream is unique. Whenever you have a dream you think might be from the LORD, ask people about it and see whether anyone can help interpret it. Pray about it. That's really all there is to do with it.

• Brilliant! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Are you born again? If so you would know if it was from God I would assume.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/24/2018 at 6:50 PM, In Him said:

God bless you too, Mike, and thank you for your post. It touched me, and I witnessed to it.

I had dreams before Jesus. I was always running in them but didn't know why until I had no more reason to run.

Turtletwo has posted an excellent video called "The Hound of Heaven" that comes close to describing my experience.

One night I was sitting in my living room watching Joni Eareckson Tada give her testimony on a Billy Graham Crusade. (She suffered a broken neck in a diving accident and is quadriplegic).

I had been to one of his crusades years earlier, in Madison Square Gardens, so a seed had been planted...

I couldn't tell you what she said in her testimony, but I saw whom I perceived as the Presence of the Holy Spirit all over and around her while she was sitting in her wheelchair.

I turned around to look out at the black sky and I told Jesus (in my ignorance) that if I had to be hit by a Mack truck, that I wanted Him, just like she had Him...

...or He had her.

So I surrendered my life to Him as much as I knew how.

I have had a few very simple visions over the years that even the dullest Christian could discern according to Scripture.

I'm like you, think what you like, but He is more Reality than my typing this post right now.

For the law of the Spirit of Life...blessed Holy Spirit of Christ has set me free from the law of sin and death.

Amen.

edit: quadriplegic/not paraplegic

I too bare so much witness to Jonl’s relationship with Christ. She is a awesome woman of God. 

May God grant you your hearts desire after Him, than more. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 11/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, BK1110 said:

Scripture supersedes all dreams, visions, and other spiritual gifts. Test it against God's word, and pray fervently that God would reveal His will to you about anything you think might have been a vision or dream with some kind of meaning.

Scripture may supersede all dreams, visions, and spiritual gifts but it is scripture that informs us of these things.  From the book of Job 33: 

14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—
    though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
    when deep sleep falls on people
    as they slumber in their beds,
16 he may speak in their ears
    and terrify them with warnings,
17 to turn them from wrongdoing
    and keep them from pride,
18 to preserve them from the pit,
    their lives from perishing by the sword.

If it were that we shut off the ways that God does speak, various and sundry ways, then no one is turned back from wrongdoing.  The Bible is not a Dear John letter as if that's all He wants us to know about Himself.  It is the nature of God to be self revealing.  This has not stopped nor is it likely as long as God loves us. and cares about us.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 3/17/2019 at 10:40 PM, seeking the lost said:

Scripture may supersede all dreams, visions, and spiritual gifts but it is scripture that informs us of these things.  From the book of Job 33: 

14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—
    though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
    when deep sleep falls on people
    as they slumber in their beds,
16 he may speak in their ears
    and terrify them with warnings,
17 to turn them from wrongdoing
    and keep them from pride,
18 to preserve them from the pit,
    their lives from perishing by the sword.

If it were that we shut off the ways that God does speak, various and sundry ways, then no one is turned back from wrongdoing.  The Bible is not a Dear John letter as if that's all He wants us to know about Himself.  It is the nature of God to be self revealing.  This has not stopped nor is it likely as long as God loves us. and cares about us.

Who is speaking?   God chewed them out for being wrong in their opinions. I think the chew out starts around chapter 41

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 11/28/2018 at 12:02 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Peter said we would have visions and dreams and I have had both. I was sharing my experience. Since it was more personal for me at the time I have no doubt God used them along with other things that brought me To saving faith. I understand what you mean by things lining up with scripture and agree. How ever I would not lock the Lord in a box. The Lord has used ways to talk to me as if he had his hand on my shoulder. Since no one else would grasp that since they are not me. But I believe God wants to speak to all of us personally but most are to busy to hear. I pray they do hear. God is a still small voice so we must shut everything else out to hear. God knows the heart and spirit of everyone of us. Read Psalm 139. 

God bless

In context the text relates only to the events in Acts 2