Pencil24

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

So I guess a few days ago this young man I grew up knowing and cared about deeply he felt like family died. The family started letting people know the night before and yesterday. It was very devastating news I really don't even know any more details other then he died. I guess you just never know I want to think that I am ready when I go to meet God. I know your not suppose to fear death but sometimes the thought does cross my mind when will it be my time. He was only like 34 years old he left behind a wife and son and many family and friends who are broken-hearted. So my sister moved away and lives 2 hours away and had to work Thanksgiving last year and this year so we started something new where we go to golden corral and do take out the day of Thanksgiving and then do our big traditional meal the day she can come. So yesterday we went but it was packed out the door and the line was not moving so we decided to go home and cook. Everyone got in the kitchen and we worked together to bring it all together. Yes, I received some very bad news but Thanksgiving by far is my favorite holiday I have so many things to grateful and Thankful for. No, this coming week will not be easy going to this funeral and all. But I still have God and He loves me I am going to make the best of this holiday season come what may. I feel that is what Caleb would want me to do. He was such a kind generous young man I loved him dearly he will be dearly missed. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

25 minutes ago, Pencil24 said:

So I guess a few days ago this young man I grew up knowing and cared about deeply he felt like family died. The family started letting people know the night before and yesterday. It was very devastating news I really don't even know any more details other then he died. I guess you just never know I want to think that I am ready when I go to meet God. I know your not suppose to fear death but sometimes the thought does cross my mind when will it be my time. He was only like 34 years old he left behind a wife and son and many family and friends who are broken-hearted. So my sister moved away and lives 2 hours away and had to work Thanksgiving last year and this year so we started something new where we go to golden corral and do take out the day of Thanksgiving and then do our big traditional meal the day she can come. So yesterday we went but it was packed out the door and the line was not moving so we decided to go home and cook. Everyone got in the kitchen and we worked together to bring it all together. Yes, I received some very bad news but Thanksgiving by far is my favorite holiday I have so many things to grateful and Thankful for. No, this coming week will not be easy going to this funeral and all. But I still have God and He loves me I am going to make the best of this holiday season come what may. I feel that is what Caleb would want me to do. He was such a kind generous young man I loved him dearly he will be dearly missed. 

@Pencil24 Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry for the loss of your friend Caleb. I will be praying for you and his family. It is so hard to lose a loved one. Around a holiday...harder still. But you have inspired others by showing this can be done. One of my favorite scriptures is Phil 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." God bless you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

38 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@Pencil24 Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry for the loss of your friend Caleb. I will be praying for you and his family. It is so hard to lose a loved one. Around a holiday...harder still. But you have inspired others by showing this can be done. One of my favorite scriptures is Phil 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." God bless you.

Thank you 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Hi, so sorry to hear of your loss, ...I have lost all of my family, my parents and grandparents died over 40 years ago and also the only woman I have ever given my heart to, so I know and understand your grief of losing someone you love, ...some time ago the Lord showed me that since man is made in the image of God and God is Love, the love we have for someone is eternal, it will never die, since man was created to live forever God didn't give him a folder to classify grief in so that we can put it on a shelf somewhere and leave it behind, for that reason man will try to stop loving the person because they are no longer present to stop the knots in their stomach and the pain and grief in their heart, ...that's not the answer, we will always love them, the only thing that has ended is our current relationship with them, that is what we must let go of, it IS possible to go on with life and still love the ones we have lost, ...if they are IN Christ then Paul tells us we have a Hope that will not disappoint, there will be a reunion in the not so distant future! 

Beloved, Hebrews 2:15 tells us we have been delivered from the bondage of death, ...the enemy tries to scare us with his roaring, but we don't have to listen to him, ...rest assured, Scripture tells us Ps 116:15, Heb 13:15, when and if you have to walk through the valley of the shadow of death your loving merciful Lord Jesus will supply you with His Grace to bring you joyfully through that door (that's all it is, ...just a door and we know what is waiting for us on the other side).

I once heard a Bible Teacher explain it this way to his children, "Children, we are driving on a two lane road, in the distance we see a large truck and trailer speeding straight towards us, the closer it is the more it looks like it will hit us, but when it finally passes us in the other lane the only thing that touched us was it's shadow and we'll continue on on our journey safe and sound."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

May the Lord bless you and comfort you during this time of sorrow and may His Peace that goes far beyond any human understanding or comprehension give rest and sleep to your grieving soul, ...Abba, Father, I know you have overheard this conversation, please hold your child in your loving arms. Amen

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

May the Lord bless you and comfort you during this time of sorrow and may His Peace that goes far beyond any human understanding or comprehension give rest and sleep to your grieving soul, ...Abba, Father, I know you have overheard this conversation, please hold your child in your loving arms. Amen

Hi Pencil24

I thought this response from JustPassingThru was a wonderful prayer to our Lord for you.  I stand in agreement with this prayer for you on the loss of this loved person in your life.

• Praise God! 2

5 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Hi, so sorry to hear of your loss, ...I have lost all of my family, my parents and grandparents died over 40 years ago and also the only woman I have ever given my heart to, so I know and understand your grief of losing someone you love, ...some time ago the Lord showed me that since man is made in the image of God and God is Love, the love we have for someone is eternal, it will never die, since man was created to live forever God didn't give him a folder to classify grief in so that we can put it on a shelf somewhere and leave it behind, for that reason man will try to stop loving the person because they are no longer present to stop the knots in their stomach and the pain and grief in their heart, ...that's not the answer, we will always love them, the only thing that has ended is our current relationship with them, that is what we must let go of, it IS possible to go on with life and still love the ones we have lost, ...if they are IN Christ then Paul tells us we have a Hope that will not disappoint, there will be a reunion in the not so distant future! 

Beloved, Hebrews 2:15 tells us we have been delivered from the bondage of death, ...the enemy tries to scare us with his roaring, but we don't have to listen to him, ...rest assured, Scripture tells us Ps 116:15, Heb 13:15, when and if you have to walk through the valley of the shadow of death your loving merciful Lord Jesus will supply you with His Grace to bring you joyfully through that door (that's all it is, ...just a door and we know what is waiting for us on the other side).

I once heard a Bible Teacher explain it this way to his children, "Children, we are driving on a two lane road, in the distance we see a large truck and trailer speeding straight towards us, the closer it is the more it looks like it will hit us, but when it finally passes us in the other lane the only thing that touched us was it's shadow and we'll continue on on our journey safe and sound."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement I am very sorry you have lost so many. It just seems it has happened to allot lately and right when I think I can make sense of it all someone else dies also. I have no idea how my time on earth it just reminds me that life is precious and short and you just never know. 

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Pencil24

I thought this response from JustPassingThru was a wonderful prayer to our Lord for you.  I stand in agreement with this prayer for you on the loss of this loved person in your life.

Thank you for your support during this time it means allot 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Beloved, the only "sense"we can make out of it is accepting the fact that in every generation on this planet death reigns 100%, no one escapes.

May I humbly suggest you are presented with an extraordinary opportunity:

A merry heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken. Pro 15:13

This is what our Lord promises about those who are broken in spirit:

Jehovah is near to the broken-hearted; and saves those who are of a contrite spirit. Ps 34:18
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise. Ps 51:17

With your broken spirit/heart you may experience the presence of God in a very personal way, that many never experience, may I suggest you spend some time in the Psalms late at night or early morning when there aren't the normal distractions of the day, pour out your heart to Him, in faith (the just live by faith) ask Him to comfort you, He will, He is faithful, the psalms tells us He gives his children sleep, many a night I have fallen asleep reading His Word and wake up refreshed, reinvigorated, with the "sense" I am deeply loved, ...that's the meaning of having a "personal" relationship with our Lord,  

My Beloved is mine, and I am His; Song of Solomon 2:16 

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:  The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.