IGNORED

Abolishing Perversion

Archangel Thyos

Guest PinkBelt
3 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

I should have said, "I agree", with your post, which I do along with most citizens. My apologies for not making it more clear, PinkBelt.
I also saw the lengthy article, the same one you saw and quoted, and realized the author (
James Finn, an atheist, see below ) also said many people take it out of context. I disagree. Adams said it. James Finn in his agenda, gave his version, and that's OK.
I was trying to avoid making a detour, as is now happening. The OP ask 
"How has abolishing perversion been perverted in the past?"  I posted there is no new sin, and that our government, our Constitution, was prayed over and over by our founding fathers at it's inception, and was designed for a moral people.   That's all. Moral laws are bull dozed over by immoral people. Look around you today. Who tries to keep the law, who ignores the law? And changes it, militantly? (see below)

THIS BELOW is his signature on articles. HIS WORDS. (look him up)
James FinnWriter.

"Runner. Marine. Airman. Former LGBTQ and HIV activist. Former ActUpNY and Queer Nation. Polyglot. Middle-aged, uppity faggot."        

You might understand now, PinkBelt, why I chose to ignore his blather. I chose to quote Adams. 

"The Holy Ghost carries on the whole Christian system in this Earth. Not a baptism, not a marriage, not a sacrament can be administered but by the Holy Ghost. . . . There is no authority, civil or religious – there can be no legitimate government – but that which is administered by this Holy Ghost. There can be no salvation without it. All without it is rebellion and perdition, or in more orthodox words, damnation."
John Adams...........

1. The highlighted quote is from the works of John Adams, not whomever James Finn is. The rest is my own knowledge from history class and a little research.

2. The accuracy of his facts, whatever they be, are not affected by his personal life or beliefs. That is called an ad hominem. 

3. Christian's should not be using insulting or disparaging language i.e. calling someone's views "blather".

Back to the thread topic, how does one define "perversion" and why is it the governments job to decide for us?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

20 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

Back to the thread topic, how does one define "perversion" and why is it the governments job to decide for us?

When I was a college student in training to become a psychotherapist we had to define what a perversion is. This was in 1974 and the definition is in part defined by the society you are in. But as people of God I say we use the Word of God (the Bible) to define a perversion. Even in our amoral culture sex with children or animals are still considered perversions. Psychologically, a perversion is any form of sexual expression that's not normal for a human. Therein is the problem. So we must use what God says to define perversion. And God's opinions have been proven right because legalizing homosexuailty isn't leading to good things. When Jesus said "you will know them by their fruits" that statement has wide reaching truths. At one time having a baby outside marriage was a perversion but we made it as if okay. But now we have many adults who grew up in 1 parent homes and most of those people have a few problems. God knows what He's saying.

If the liberal left gets control again the next thing coming is to make sex with animals legal. This is a perversion and we don't need it. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

16 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Do we have a definition of what is being referred to as perversion on this thread yet?

Maryjayne, how do you define what a perversion is?

Guest PinkBelt
1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

That's irrelevant. @Archangel Thyos has titled this thread: Abolishing Perversion while giving no definition, despite being asked to. His/her definition is the important one. Without that, how do we know what we are being asked to abolish or what is meant by perversion?

This term can cover many many things.

Exactly. You can't tell people what to do with their own bodies. As long as they aren't harming anyone else people's bedroom antics are not the governments business. On top of that people who are not Christians cannot be expected to follow biblical morality, and trying to force them to via laws is a recipe for instigating a revolution.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Do we have a definition of what is being referred to as perversion on this thread yet?

YEP .   THE BIBLICAL .      But I KNOW you know this sister .     That is our definition .  IF GOD approves we approve , IF HE DONT we don't .

You loved sister .     And I know you were asking thyro .   But ,  had to say it anyway .   You loved sister .  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Exactly. You can't tell people what to do with their own bodies. As long as they aren't harming anyone else people's bedroom antics are not the governments business. On top of that people who are not Christians cannot be expected to follow biblical morality, and trying to force them to via laws is a recipe for instigating a revolution.

Take a peek around .     Judgment is at the door and the only thing that could have stopped it , is a ninevah style repentance . 

But we are n the last of days .      You can vote me in as president in twenty twenty .    I don't think hardly a soul would .   cause I would have to do the right thing .

And tell amercia and the world ,   Better repent asap and lay in some sack cloth , run to Christ , get bibles back n school , kick satan statues out .

make gay marriage illegal ,  make abortion illegal .     AND PUT GOD FIRST AGAIN .     you can help me run my campaign .   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

It starts at the top! This that are in leadership MUST follow God first - it will then filter down to the rest.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

The worst “ perversion” would be the kind that Paul warns about.....”Perverting the Gospel of Grace” or adding works like “ Jesus saves but once you know that you will go to Hell if you die with any unrepentant sins on your record”.  THAT is a perversion That could get you in more trouble than those sinners with sexual perversions.At least they can be saved if they turn to Jesus and believe the Gospel found in 1cor15:1-4.If they add to it   they may as well go back to their  bestiality and enjoy it—- the result will be the same.

Guest PinkBelt
11 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I am not sure why you have quoted me? my post is about definition, not the rights and wrongs of legislation.

I agreed with your premise, and then added my own on top. I am allowed to make two points in the same post, yes?

Regardless, since the OP has not seen fit to clarify I'd say this thread is kind of pointless now.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

There are great examples of the success of moral legislation by governments. The Papacy does an okay job and its totalitarian approach to government will be welcomed by Protestants. Also, the crown jewel is Sharia Law, a throw back to the time of the Pharisees. All Christians to force compliance with the threat of imprisonment or death, think of all the genuine fruit that will be given to God. 

Edited by Scott Free