IowaChristiangal

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

So I live in the US and I am truly grateful for that. I obviously don't pretend to have been persecuted anything like those before us or people in other countries. Lately I've been feeling like being a Christian has a target on me. People often pretend to be friends and then backstab me or they will intentionally say things that are offensive for no reason other than to be mean.  Most recently a coworker made a comment to me about how I was too religious for her to follow me on facebook and then last night I found out from someone else that she told them a horrible lie about me and another coworker that could get us fired. I don't understand why she did this other than to start stuff or because she doesn't like me. Why do I feel like it is specifically because I'm a Christian?

recently I've been thinking about Matthew 

1. [43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
    [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
    [47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

I am going to do my best to be nice to her but it's hard. I don't even know if my boss believes her lies yet. I don't even know if I'm going to get in trouble for what she lied about.  
If you  have any advice or prayers for me and my sad problems which consume me, I'd very much appreciate it. 

with Love 

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 5:11-16