• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

For those of you who say it's our memory that are faulty,

John 14:25-26  But the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my Name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 

John 16:13 Howbeit when He , the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.

8 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

How does this prove anything? All the Lord is doing is illustrating that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.

More "Mandela effect" nonsense, I'm afraid, is going on here. And believers wonder why the world doesn't take us seriously?

So what you are saying is that we cannot trust ourselves with knowing Scripture?  Why should we bother to memorize because we cannot trust ourselves to remember correctly? 

Could it be possible that those who deny anything has been changed in their bibles is because simply put, they just don't know their Scriptures.  Are you daily reading and humbly asking the Holy Spirit to show you the mysteries?  The key thing here is humility. 

10 hours ago, B3L13v3R said:

Hi Nebula, hello, it's been a while! :)

The verses I'm providing here are from actual scanned copies from this 1611 KJV Bible:
The Holy Bible, containing the Old Testament, and the New. Imprinted at London : By Robert Barker ..., 1611. In Annenberg Rare Book and Manuscript Library. BS185 1611 .L65.

Isaiah 11:6

Isa_11_6.jpg.1fa4b44d53ca2a83716632ec567b6676.jpg

Isaiah 65:25

Isa_65_25.jpg.a1599cf36b50448eada3a848c7c603f3.jpg

Please keep in mind, the type style used in 1611 by the KJV translators was the Gothic Type. The type we read today, and you are reading now is Roman Type.
So the words can look a bit different, but they are the same, just different types. Along with grammatical spelling rules that have changed over the years.

To clarify a bit on the Gothic and Roman types, and spelling changes, this is a portion from a small book I have called "The Answer Book" by Samuel Gipp: (Who also quotes Dr. D.F. Reagan in his book.)

Printing Changes
"...For instance, the Gothic s looks like the Roman s when used as a capital letter or at the end of a word. But when it is used as a lower case s at the beginning or in the middle of a word, the letter looks like our f. Therefore, also becomes alfo and set becomes fet. Another variation is found in the German v and u. The Gothic v looks like a Roman u while the Gothic u looks like the Roman v. This explains why our w is called a double-u and not a double-v. Sound confusing? It is until you get used to it. In the 1611 edition, love is loue, us is vs, and ever is euer. But remember, these are not even spelling changes. They are simply type style changes. In another instance, the Gothic j looks like our i. So Jesus becomes Iefus (notice the middle s changed to f) and joy becomes ioy. Even the Gothic d with the stem leaning back over the circle in a shape resembling that of the Greek Delta."

Spelling Changes
"...What kind of spelling variations can you expect to find between your present edition and the 1611 printing? Although every spelling difference cannot be categorized, several characteristics are very common. Additional e's were often found at the end of the words such as feare, darke, and beare. Also, double vowels were much more common than they are today. You would find ee, bee, and mooued instead of me, be, and moved. Double consonants were also much more common. What would ranne, euill, and ftarres be according to present-day spelling? See if you can figure them out. The present-day spellings would be ran, evil, and stars. These typographical and spelling changes account for almost all of the so-called thousands of changes in the King James Bible. None of them alter the text in any way."

Hello B3L, was wondering if you could provide the verses from Genesis 3:15 ; Genesis 9:13, 14, 16 ;   and Genesis 31:37 in that older version please? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Here is a document by John Bunyan, the author of Pilgrim's Progress.  He wrote An Exhortation to Peace and Unity.  In it, he quotes from Isaiah 11:6....it says and the lion shall lay down with the lamb.  I guess satan and his little minions forgot the works of writers and didn't change it.   It is NOT a misprint either...here is the link for anyone interested in reading it for themselves.  It is a free pdf file download.

Don't you see?  You are putting your trust in John Bunyan, who did not use quotation marks and quote Isaiah.  He summarized it and did so wrongly.  Commentators, preachers, teachers and more do that all of the time.  I've done it.  People summarize in their own words and err from time to time.

I am putting my trust in God's Word.  He does not err.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

Oh you mean like giving 'Oy Vey's' to posts that make a general comment on those who are take in in by conspiracy theories? Or by those who dodge other people's challenge to bring forth proof from an original manuscript/translation that the phrase has been changed from 'lion' to 'wolf'? I'm not a syrupy complimenter but more of a straight shooter..Jesus knows.

Sorry, Yowm.......sometimes I just can’t help myself......lol

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Then you cannot say that you have the authentic Scriptures. And if you don't have the originals by which to compare it, then how would you know it has "been changed"?

As for two different verses proving your point:

How does this prove anything? All the Lord is doing is illustrating that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.

More "Mandela effect" nonsense, I'm afraid, is going on here. And believers wonder why the world doesn't take us seriously?

:rolleyes:

Duh......what is this “Mandela” thingy......I was home schooled.....lol

• Oy Vey! 1

32 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

what is the significance of the lion apparently being changed to the wolf? why does it bother you?

Hello maryjayne, to answer your question, why does it bother me?  The significance of the lion being changed to the wolf, Jesus warned us about the ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing.  The Lion represents Jesus and  the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.  Jesus is also represented as the Lamb.  The wolf was always represented as the devil.  So it basically is insinuating that the devil will lay down with the lamb.  The devil is a liar.  He is trying to confuse new believers and those who are lukewarm Christians. It is also preparing the masses for the ac. 

God is allowing these changes, to tell us and warn us what time it is that we are living.  There will be many scoffers and mockers.  I am not by any means saying that I am a prophet, because I am not, but I believe that I am a watchman, and I see the sword coming.  I must warn.  I just humbly ask everyone to research and look into your Scriptures.  If it means that I will be ridiculed, mocked, scorned, then so be it. 

I hope that answers your question.

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If your theory is correct, you can't know Scripture, because it's been changed.

What good would it do to daily read scriptures that you say have all been changed?

You have not taken your own logic out to it's ultimate result.  if what you theorize is correct, there are no correct Bibles in existence, and none of us have the Word of God.  That would include you.  Logically, you cannot do what you are telling others to do.  You have no way to do it.

Because these are verses that I have memorized.  That was why God said to hide His Word in our hearts.  If you never took the time to memorize Scripture, of course you wouldn't know if there was any change.  And God created us in His own image, He gave us a sound mind.  He also gave us the Holy Spirit to lead us into all Truth.   These changes have been slowly coming but increasing more and more....

The biggest assault is on the KJV.

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You said Satan has changed the words of the Bible.  Therefore, the Bible is no longer inspired and thus, cannot be Holy.  So yes, that is what you are saying.  Calling it something else does not change what it is.

You are just twisting my words.  I never said those words, if you call it something you want, doesn't mean it is what I was thinking.  You calling it something other than what I meant doesn't justify what you thought. 

14 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

right, so there should be two lions in those scriptures? 

I'm not sure what you are asking maryjayne.