• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

LO, neither could I.

Did Jesus act this way? 

You know Yowm, you really liked that song, O Church Arise.  Do you remember the third verse?

Come see the cross, where love and mercy meet

As the Son of God istricken,

And see His foes, lie CRUSHED beneath His feet

As the Conqueror is risen,

Do you know now that in Genesis 3:15 it says And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her see; It shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. 

It should have said He shall CRUSH thy head, and thou shall bruise His heel.  Jesus conquered death and took the keys of death when He died on the cross for our sins and was resurrected.  Now the devil is saying Jesus only bruised his head..... I dare you to go look in your KJV. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

It has always been the Lion will lay down with the Lamb.   Our memories are not false.  The devil and his wicked people have somehow supernaturally changed our Scriptures, yes even the very old old bibles that you have had in your houses

Are you sure your not just remember it wrong?  As we get older our memory is not always as it use to be you know. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Only His sheep.

He is, after all, the Good Shepherd.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I possess an original manuscript.

Living epistle.

It's locked away and I don't have the key.

I'm curious, what's the need?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thank-you all for the responses.

OK, so I'm scratching my head over where the misquoted expression, "The lion shall lay down with the lamb" came from? And why is it so pervasive that this is what everyone believes the Scripture says? (Not including the Mandela Effect claim.)

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Duh......what is this “Mandela” thingy......I was home schooled.....lol

You don't want to know.

OK, seriously, it's a theory that CERN caused our reality/universe to implode and we shifted to an alternate reality/universe. In this alternate universe there are minor details that are different from the original, but for some reason we retained the memories of the original. (At least this is how it was presented to me.)

The theory started when people began noticing that everyone remembers hearing the report that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80's, several remember watching the funeral. But then everyone was shocked to hear the reports that he was released from prison and later became president of South Africa. And so a theory was born and the explanation was that the first memory was one reality and the recorded history is the new reality.

Other "evidences" of changes are:

• Everyone remembering the title of the children's book series being "The Berenstein Bears" even though the tile is "The Berenstain Bears."
  • Do you remember Fruit Loops cereal? Wrong, it's Froot Loops.
  • In Disney's Snow White, the evil queen says, "Mirror, mirror on the wall." Wrong, she says, "Magic mirror on the wall."

So basically, wherever there is a collective misremembering of a fact or detail, it's because of this alternate universe sliding theory, which has been dubbed "The Mandela Effect."

The "lion shall lie down with the lamb" versus "wolf lying down with the lamb" is included in this list of "proofs."

But I didn't want this thread to discuss the theory. I just wanted to get to the bottom of why everyone remembers "lion shall lie down with the lamb" if every version states "wolf shall...."

Edited by nebula
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I appreciate the quotes defending that Scripture always said "wolf and lamb" here, but neither explain how everyone remembers "lion and lamb." Where did "lion and lamb" lying together originate, and why is this what everyoen recalls?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, nebula said:

You don't want to know.

OK, seriously, it's a theory that CERN caused our reality/universe to implode and we shifted to an alternate reality/universe. In this alternate universe there are minor details that are different from the original, but for some reason we retained the memories of the original. (At least this is how it was presented to me.)

The theory started when people began noticing that everyone remembers hearing the report that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80's, several remember watching the funeral. But then everyone was shocked to hear the reports that he was released from prison and later became president of South Africa. And so a theory was born and the explanation was that the first memory was one reality and the recorded history is the new reality.

Other "evidences" of changes are:

• Everyone remembering the title of the children's book series being "The Berenstein Bears" even though the tile is "The Berenstain Bears."
  • In Disney's Snow White, the evil queen says, "Mirror, mirror on the wall." Wrong, she says, "Magic mirror on the wall."

So basically, wherever there is a collective misremembering of a fact or detail, it's because of this alternate universe sliding theory, which has been dubbed "The Mandela Effect."

The "lion shall lie down with the lamb" versus "wolf lying down with the lamb" is included in this list of "proofs."

But I didn't want this thread to discuss the theory. I just wanted to get to the bottom of why everyone remembers "lion shall lie down with the lamb" if every version states "wolf shall...."

Sign me up! Sounds plausible to me—-NOT.....lol

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, nebula said:

I appreciate the quotes defending that Scripture always said "wolf and lamb" here, but neither explain how everyone remembers "lion and lamb." Where did "lion and lamb" lying together originate, and why is this what everyoen recalls?

I gave one in the thread.

The gospel song by Thomas Dorsey and sung/made famous by Elvis Presley has the phrase "the lion will lie down with the lamb".  For those who don't know, Elvis had several gospel albums and sang a lot of hymns and spirituals.  In the south, his gospel albums are highly popular.  My own mother has two of them on CD and plays them in her car all the time.  When I am with her, we sung them sometimes, including "Peace in the Valley" with the Biblically incorrect phrase "lion will like down with the lamb"

You'd be shocked at the wrong Bible information people get from songs, traditions, and faulty commentators/preachers/teachers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, nebula said:

I vividly remember when Nelson Mandela was released and I remember his being elected as president of South Africa.  I used to teach my students that he was put in prison for over 25 years for speaking his mind against injustice.  Then, became president of the same country that put him in jail.

So there's lots of us who remember the truth.

"Mirror, Mirror and Magic Mirror"?  It's both.  The old movie says the latter.  Some books say the former.  Some newer films say the former.  Nothing freaky here.

Fruit Loops?  Froot Loops?  I ate them as a kid, but don't remember.  LOL.