IGNORED

Is it biblical to cut contact with a fellow believer?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, r_ch_l said:

Thank you all for your replies.

I guess the main issue I have is no so much the cutting contact, because I do believe that can be biblical in the right circumstances. But the issue of not welcoming the believer back into fellowship again once they've repented of the sin they were cut off for.

I fell into sin for a season, for which I am thoroughly ashamed and will never condone. But the fact I have repented and am still cut off from my born-again sister (including her husband and kids who I adore, and have been there for all their lives until 7 months ago) and 2 other very important people in my life, has kept me in a place where it feels impossible to move forward and have faith I'm truly forgiven by God. It's only been recently I started picking up my bible again, because I've been feeling so much condemnation inside. To have already repented and be trying to continue my walk while remaining this tainted person who is not allowed to see or speak to them because of my past. It's so difficult and has been affecting me more than I think they know.

The estrangement you are suffering speaks more about those who are keeping you out of their love than it does about you, Rachel. The best thing you can do is abide in Christ regardless of what potential effect the distancing might cause. 2 verses: 

Joh 16:33
(33)  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Rom 8:28
(28)  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.