• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys...

Did God chose/create our appearance? Like... did He kind of drew the way we look? Like, eye shape, eye color, height, hair... etc.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

For the most part, yes, (and I believe our new bodies will look like us) Over time, our personalities, likes, dislikes, cause us to look a specific way - but the frame is designed by God - shape of nose, eyes, eye color, hair color, body build, and so on. Some we can change, hair style, and so on, others we can not change without surgery.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

3 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

For the most part, yes, (and I believe our new bodies will look like us) Over time, our personalities, likes, dislikes, cause us to look a specific way - but the frame is designed by God - shape of nose, eyes, eye color, hair color, body build, and so on. Some we can change, hair style, and so on, others we can not change without surgery.

Hum... 

when I think God made me not that pretty, I can accept it!

But when I think it was just genetics then I am angry and cannot accept my averageness.

I hope I am plain because God so desired it that way.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

Pretty, is in the eye of the beholder - God looks at you as gorgeous. You just need to see your self like God sees you!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I definitely don't think that God sees us as ugly or gorgeous. Those are man-made standards.   God does not look on the outward appearance - mankind does that.  So says 1 Samuel 16:7.  God looks on the heart.  God said this when Samuel was about to choose King David's oldest brother to be king because of how he looked.

When the woman anointed Jesus feet with the expensive oil and was criticized for it, Jesus said that she had done a beautiful thing for him.  That's where God sees beauty - in righteous behavior.

Jesus was not attractive at all.  So says Isaiah in his prophecy of the Messiah of Isaiah 53.  "....he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him..."  Jesus was not that Caucasian man with perfect and soft wavy long hair we see so many times.

I'm telling you the truth.  The longer you focus on yourself and how unhappy you are with your looks the more miserable you will become because that will end up being all that is important to you.  This world is flawed and stupid and sinful.  It's up to you to present yourself as happy, content, going-for-God, and self-assured.  

Let me tell you this story.  I have a former student who is very beautiful.  She takes more selfies than anyone I know personally.  But I know her because I come in contact with her all of the time and I supervised her later as she became an adult at her job.

She is the most miserable person I know.  Unhappy and ashamed.  She believes herself to be imperfect in her looks and these selfies are for self-assurance of which she has NONE.

It's  up to you.  You are either going allow your feelings - which are fleeting - about your looks ruin your life and your relationships with all you know or you are going to say, "This is me.  This is God's child.  I will face the day in faith, trusting God no matter what the world thinks of me."

Choose, dear.  And choose today.

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, Faithbuilders said:

No one should change the way that God made them.... Happiness comes from accepting yourself..  otherwise if you get surgery it is a a false happiness.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Um yes of course he did

And the way we look pleases him .

Ugliness in my opinion doesn't exist... We're all beautiful to someone but we're all beautiful to God. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/28/2018 at 12:28 PM, NathWChristian said:

Hum... 

when I think God made me not that pretty, I can accept it!

But when I think it was just genetics then I am angry and cannot accept my averageness.

I hope I am plain because God so desired it that way.

He did!   Not what you perceive as plain, but His perfect beautiful design.  There is someone seeking you out. Searching for you. I thank God He set up a meeting with my future wife. I ain't no bargain, (beauty/handsome wise) but she thought/knew I was perfect. And I knew she was the one. Not as the 'world' sees our appearance as depicted in the out of control Hollywood  media, but as God personally designed us. Is not God perfect? Does He make mistakes? You are unique, NathW, and there are those out there who will be blown away to meet you. Ask God about it................

It's the little things......         It's what's inside the pretty gift wrappings that are thrown away, inside the box (heart), that is the gift, the you.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Faithbuilders said:

Pretty, is in the eye of the beholder - God looks at you as gorgeous. You just need to see your self like God sees you!

I think this right here is more accurate .   When GOD looks at me ,  I HOPE HE ONLY SEES CHRIST IN ME   .  THAT IS THE BEAUTY ,  for we are naught but vile and wicked

OUTSIDE of CHRIST .    OH , I say when the LORD looks down on me  , LET HIM see HIS RIGHTEOUNESS IN ME and that IS THE PURE BEAUTY .

Now , put those hands up and praise the LORD faithbuilders .   AND BY the POWER of CHRIST let us walk righteously .     Hands up and praise the LORD .

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Beauty is holiness. That is what God sees when one is holy. Only beauty.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1