• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Um yes of course he did

And the way we look pleases him .

Ugliness in my opinion doesn't exist... We're all beautiful to someone but we're all beautiful to God. 

But ugliness does exist .   its anything ,  ANYTHING contrary TO GOD , contrary to His inspired Holy doctrine . Contrary to Christ  , contrary to the pattern HE taught

and the apostels taught and kept .    ANYTHING contrary to GOD is just UGLY to me .    Just plain ugly . BUT THE LORD ,   HE IS PURE BEAUTY and every warning

to every promise , every word He ever spoke ,    PURE BEAUTY .   AND happy is the one who hears and does . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Sa 16:6  And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him.

1Sa 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Isa 53:2  NKJV For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.

Isa 53:3  He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Isa 53:4  Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5  But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

I suspect if God focuses on our hearts that God looks on us as saved or lost, and humble or proud.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/28/2018 at 11:48 AM, NathWChristian said:

Hi guys...

Did God chose/create our appearance? Like... did He kind of drew the way we look? Like, eye shape, eye color, height, hair... etc.

LOL. Nah, the fashion industry did it! :)

We are made in the image of God.

Genesis 1:26 (AV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:27 (AV)
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God the Word did all the creating in the beginning (John 1:1-3  / Colossians 1:13-16) alone / by himself (Isaiah 44:24) in the company of the Father (1 John 1:2) and the Spirit (Genesis 1:2).

Hebrews 1:3 (AV)
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Jesus is the only visible image of God. 

Colossians 1:13–16 (AV)
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

It is clear from the future tense language in Hebrews 1:5 spoken prophetically about a point in time past that there was a time when God  the Word was not incarnate and not a Son and thus the Father was not a father yet either.

Hebrews 1:5 (AV)
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Simply put, God the Word created Adam (and Eve) in the human form he (God the Word) would become (according to John 1:14a).  Or the one who would become the Last Adam created the first Adam in the image of the Last Adam to come. 

The image of God is a physical thing. Those who attempt to make it a spirit thing do er. And  that's why it has been confusing and conflicting all these centuries.

God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent. Man is none of these. The angels are none of these.

And in his omniscience, God the Word created man in the image he would become in the incarnation.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

If  your question is about our individual variations on the human theme...

consider, we are mostly self- contained corporeal beings that man can never truly replicate.

We may or may not have the "looks" others have... or even the use of body parts... but we are valued

above all that mankind considers wealthy or beautiful in the eyes of our Creator who became human and died for each 

of us if we were the only one he could save.

We must wean ourselves from human standards and achieve the self confidence and peace knowing that now (as believers in Jesus Christ) we

are saved... that makes us children of God (by adoption) and priests of God every one.

This life is not the be all / end all... but there is an eternal life to come devoid of all the downfalls of this life. 

Praise the Lord and take full advantage of your individual strengths / blessings to win others to Christ and encourage them as well as yourself.

Hallelujah!

Edited by JohnD

Yes. Each of us is a miracle. Our appearance is given for a reason. We should use it to bring others to Christ. I find appearance matters initially but quickly becomes irrelvant as a person's character shows through. For good or ill. Who you are is vital. What you look like is neither here nor there. 

The plainest person can be utterly beautiful and the most good looker can quickly be seen as shallow and ugly inside. 

God sees all. Who we are to Him is what matters. Humility and a good heart are always beautiful. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

To me, there's a certain peace in not being considered attractive in wordly terms. I am a short, pale, baby-faced guy with much more gut than butt. I don't drink, but let's say for a moment that i'm sitting in a bar. Some woman in a low-cut shirt struts up to me and says, "Hey there, handsome. How's about you buy me a drinky-poo?" I know darn well she just wants the drink and she can darn well buy her own. That, and I don't have to deal with a bunch of women who might want me just for my looks.

Also to me, beauty is a thing of mystery and subtlety. If it is obvious in it's good looks, then it is nothing but glitter, with no soul behind it. If you have to stop and study something in order to see the emotion and beauty behind it, then it is wonderful. Think of it this way; every guy likes a woman in a maid costume. A woman dresses up like a maid, boom, she's got attention. Then almost every woman dresses up like a maid, and to those with taste, it loses it's effect. Then comes along a woman in a women's basketball uniform. Yowza, am I right? I myself prefer the jersey to the apron.

Edited by dr3032

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In relationship with The Lord I look at my looking on the outward part as dead and of the flesh... God does not even bother looking there so I am trying to not either. Boy oh boy is that not a constant battle :blink: