Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

About some of the things in the Bible? For instance; Adam & Eve's sin was eating from the "tree of knowledge of good and evil", you know the story. Ever wonder why they immediately sewn themselves coverings for their reproductive parts to hide them? Why the Lord cursed Eve (and descendants) with the pain of child bearing (a form of sexual punishment). Child bearing was never meant to be painful according to the way I understand it. Is there more going on?

I suspect Cain and Able were twins, and that could explain a lot about some things I'm not going to speculate on, but let's move to Jacob and Esau. There's no doubt Jacob and Esau were twins. In every case I've ever heard of, twins share much of the same DNA and genetics. Rare exceptions occur in this age and it's called "twinning". Based on scripture, Esau appears to be the polar opposite of Jacob in appearance and attributes; red hair and perhaps the appearance of an animal based on the description. Isaac was no dummy but lost most of his sight, but evidently not his other senses. Think about it, Sarah wrapped a goats skin around Esau's arm to fool Issac and it worked. Have you ever seen a goat and petted and felt one? I would suspect Esau's appearance was more animal like than human. How can 'twins' be so completely different physically, emotionally and spiritually?  

Just a couple of things I've thought about that raised some questions in my mind? 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

One possible answer is that Jacob and Esau were fraternal twins, not identical twins. Fraternal twins come from 2 separate eggs fertilized by different sperm cells.

There are many riddles in the OT especially back in Genesis.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

About some of the things in the Bible? For instance; Adam & Eve's sin was eating from the "tree of knowledge of good and evil", you know the story. Ever wonder why they immediately sewn themselves coverings for their reproductive parts to hide them? Why the Lord cursed Eve (and descendants) with the pain of child bearing (a form of sexual punishment). Child bearing was never meant to be painful according to the way I understand it. Is there more going on?

I suspect Cain and Able were twins, and that could explain a lot about some things I'm not going to speculate on, but let's move to Jacob and Esau. There's no doubt Jacob and Esau were twins. In every case I've ever heard of, twins share much of the same DNA and genetics. Rare exceptions occur in this age and it's called "twinning". Based on scripture, Esau appears to be the polar opposite of Jacob in appearance and attributes; red hair and perhaps the appearance of an animal based on the description. Isaac was no dummy but lost most of his sight, but evidently not his other senses. Think about it, Sarah wrapped a goats skin around Esau's arm to fool Issac and it worked. Have you ever seen a goat and petted and felt one? I would suspect Esau's appearance was more animal like than human. How can 'twins' be so completely different physically, emotionally and spiritually?  

Just a couple of things I've thought about that raised some questions in my mind? 

evil = bad

I see the fruit of the tree as making them more than mere animals. That is a gross oversimplification of my viewpoint, but I think you get my drift. And I have little doubt that he put them there with the full intention that they would eat the fruit and, frankly, that it may have been necessary for his plan for man to follow the path it needed to follow. 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Dennis,

Just some of my thoughts. Adam and Eve lived in the `glory` of God, but when they chose their own way they came out of that protection, environment and thus were subjected to life without God`s care. They therefore knew they were `naked` spiritually, and their physical awareness revealed this. God made their suffering short, by instituting death, and child bearing is part of that suffering.

As to Jacob and Esau, people back then were quite strong, hairy being one strong trait, and different strains can come from the same family.

Marilyn.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

6 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Just some of my thoughts. Adam and Eve lived in the `glory` of God, but when they chose their own way they came out of that protection, environment and thus were subjected to life without God`s care. They therefore knew they were `naked` spiritually, and their physical awareness revealed this. God made their suffering short, by instituting death, and child bearing is part of that suffering.

As to Jacob and Esau, people back then were quite strong, hairy being one strong trait, and different strains can come from the same family.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

You maybe very correct. Pertaining to Jacob and Esau I find these contrasts and differences interesting, as compared to today and what typically genetically occurs. Twins, as the name implies, means they share commonalities and genetic makeup normally. So by definition, something was strangely abnormal between these two twins. I find it interesting this occurs in the line of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Jacob being Israel. 

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Adam and Eve lived in the `glory` of God, but when they chose their own way they came out of that protection, environment and thus were subjected to life without God`s care.

Hi Marilyn,

In an attempt to answer someone's post who was saying that Adam and Eve were 'sinners' in the Garden, the fact that they sinned proved it...

I didn't agree but couldn't think of what I read many years ago to answer.

Your post is more nearly accurate to what I've read regarding their original state of innocence...that they "lived in the glory"...

Thanks.

In Him

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Marilyn.

This is a very interesting point of view.

The fact they may have been made mortal to alleviate their suffering is food for thought

I will keep an open mind on the whole subject, there will be a lot of surprises on the Day God will reveal His full glory :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, JTC said:

One possible answer is that Jacob and Esau were fraternal twins, not identical twins. Fraternal twins come from 2 separate eggs fertilized by different sperm cells.

There are many riddles in the OT especially back in Genesis.  

Yes .   and in our family we got identical twins all over on both sides .    and in my case I am an identical triplet .     Fraternal is not at all alike .  they can even be boy and a girl.

With identical it was one egg one sperm , but the egg itself divides making the two or three in my case , IDENTICAL

its how I knew early on when they were making up this lie about being gay as genetic .   I knew it was a lie .   I got identical twin uncles , ONE GAY the other not .

YEP .   we got lied too .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, In Him said:

Hi Marilyn,

In an attempt to answer someone's post who was saying that Adam and Eve were 'sinners' in the Garden, the fact that they sinned proved it...

I didn't agree but couldn't think of what I read many years ago to answer.

Your post is more nearly accurate to what I've read regarding their original state of innocence...that they "lived in the glory"...

Thanks.

In Him

SISTER you are loved .     And let the whole worthy site , SEE that our sister IN HIM is LOVED .    now raise those hands sister , and praise the LORD .   OH the JOY of the LORD

is our strength and the salvation of the LORD our Joy .

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yes .   and in our family we got identical twins all over on both sides .    and in my case I am an identical triplet

Guess which one is Frienduff thayLorde!                                      

identical-triplets-1-2.jpg.e1bd2d2e17c3cda9c8b207057d04b43f.jpg
<<<<<<<<<<<< Raise those hands peoples  >>>>>>>>>>

• Haha 2
  • Loved it! 1