• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

OK.  I prayed on this one and the answer that came is women were not educated, to the level back then necessary, to learn God's word well enough to lecture about it (holy spirit just confirmed that is true in my spirit right now).  Not relevant now.

That is very good and makes sense. Girls were not allowed to attend school as boy were. Boys went off to school while girls stay home and learn how to to house  stuff.  So yeah that makes perfect sense. Thank you for your insight and seeking the Spirit for guidance.  :clap:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Then there are some that allow for a 5 and some a 10min window for editing. I think 10 min is ideal.

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I know a few that have been really good at deceiving other men. But that is for another time. 

Yep. And I've known plenty of women that are really good at deceiving men, but it generally takes the "romantic relationship" for it to really work. 

I knew a guy that was around 40 that married a woman around 25 that had, shall we say, very impressive physical attributes. In fact, we were on a bike ride and my friend embarrassed himself staring at her. 

But the couple had a falling out. He was a prosperous attorney, btw. 

So, any way, for no apparent reason, they got back together and he bought a big house, bought her a big Mercedes and he just basically went all in. He said she just had a change of heart. 

Yeah, once all that stuff was thrown in, she divorced him and took pretty much all of it. The rest of us could see it coming a mile away.  He never knew what hit him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

this scripture has me wondering if brethren means men and women?

The Greek word 'adelphos/a' means 'sibling'. If it's masculine singular, it refers to a brother; if feminine singular, to a sister. The masculine plural can include both brothers and sisters (as in French, where the masculine plural of 'they' is used to refer to a group of mixed gender). In the context of a New Testament letter written to a church, one should generally assume that "brothers" refers to the whole congregation, not just the men! 

Edited by Deborah_
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

run by me the definition of liberal being used here please.

and remember that some of us have not even been here for a few months, let alone years.

For a lot of people, "Liberal" = "you disagree with me" with some "new" teaching thrown in. People don't realize this, but we've discovered MANY ancient writings, not least of which is the Dead Sea Scrolls, since the KJV was penned that demonstrate it is in error in plenty of places. It doesn't mean I'd burn every KJV though. But some people will peg you as "liberal" if you are not KJV only. "LIberal" is a hugely subjective word. I hold some very conservative views on the Gospel, but some of my views on "peripheral" topics covered in the bible would cause some to call me a heretic. :D

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Davida said:

It is really like dejavu~ because these scriptures have been discussed and debated for years in multiple threads on this forum so it's a rehash.   The problem with Liberalism is, that when a person has embraced liberalism as a lifestyle & world view politically they tend to adopt a Liberal Christian view also.   While reading scripture it gets run through liberal filters and then it discards what doesn't suit their liberal belief system clinging to a modern cultural view is much easier.     

I hope this don't cause tears to flow ., but I am gonna keep it real .    I wont sit in them churches ,  heck they don't even know what the true rainbow represents

they honor sin , they twist scrips .     WHY on earth would I love twisted scrips .       All they do is twist scrips to justify sin .     I aint never seen anything like it .

I REBUKE THOSE CHURCHES in JESUS NAME ,  but sit in them ,  NO WAY NO HOW .     And I might be wrong , but I don't think you would sit in them either .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

12 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I hope this don't cause tears to flow ., but I am gonna keep it real .    I wont sit in them churches ,  heck they don't even know what the true rainbow represents

they honor sin , they twist scrips .     WHY on earth would I love twisted scrips .       All they do is twist scrips to justify sin .     I aint never seen anything like it .

I REBUKE THOSE CHURCHES in JESUS NAME ,  but sit in them ,  NO WAY NO HOW .     And I might be wrong , but I don't think you would sit in them either .

I don't know if this has anything to do with me. But for the record. I do not attend a liberal church.  Then again I do not know what you would consider a liberal church to be.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

Remember, when we read the apistals, we are reading other peoples mail. In this church if the woman had a question, or did not understand something, she would just blurt it out. That is why Paul said, "if you have a question, ask your husband at home." That is what it is talking about. It is perfectly fine for a woman to preach, or even be in authority; as long as she is submitting to the authority of her own husband!

Edited by Faithbuilders

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know if this has anything to do with me. But for the record. I do not attend a liberal church.  Then again I do not know what you would consider a liberal church to be.  

What do YOU consider liberal.

22 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

What do YOU consider liberal.

A gay pastor? And everyone is okay with this? Or a pastor who would do a gay wedding. :noidea:

7 minutes ago, Butero said:

If that is other people's mail, it ceases to be God's Word!  I see every epistle as mail from God to my church.  

No, of course it is still Gods word, all I am saying is that we can understand the context better if we realize who it was originally written to.