• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

30 minutes ago, Davida said:

Gee why did GOD include it? only  for gossip? or to teach women in Christ who is it that God given to be the head of the Churches?

God wrote it for us, so that women don't make the same mistakes. It is disruptive when people blurt things out in church. And can hinder the move of the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

A gay pastor? And everyone is okay with this? Or a pastor who would do a gay wedding. :noidea:

You said that your church is liberal, so is that what your church (and I use that word loosely) like?

• Group:  Advanced Member

4 minutes ago, Butero said:

It was written to a church, but the message is for any church.  

I am not denying that, I am talking about context, and understanding Gods message to our church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Faithbuilders said:

You said that your church is liberal, so is that what your church (and I use that word loosely) like?

No I did not say my church was liberal. And no we do not have a gay pastor nor do we do gay weddings. :blink:

Someone asked me what I consider a liberal church to be. I gave the best answer I could think of. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Unfortunately many churches here, especially in the Anglican community, do have gay clergy. Even ones living with a same sex partner, but saying they are celibate while living together under the same roof, with facebooks photos of them embracing, and the bishops turn a blind eye.

And if anyone is in churches that do this ,   GET OUT .    FLEE THEM .    Their is nothing good you can learn from men who allow this ,   one is only being unequally yoked .

YOU LOVED DEAR SISTER .    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

If anyone wants to know. I go to The Church of The Nazarene.  

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

There is really no question ladies, that we are to be under a covering of authority, and not usurp it over men.  As others have pointed out the reasons go very far back to the fall in the Garden and nothing to do with culture.  This is for our protection and the good of the church.  Doesn't mean we are spiritually inferior.....proverbs 31 says a virtuous woman is worth more than rubies.......but we are weaker through the flesh and more vulnerable in certain ways.  And that means the men need to honour us as such too, and not abuse their authority or downtrod or patronize us like children.  Nobody is getting the short end of the stick in these things.  We might discuss or disagree over how much we can participate in meetings etc, but it's the male leadership who will ultimately decide and hopefully discern when a woman is being led by the Holy Spirit to share what is given her to share.

Esther is a wonderful example of a Godly woman, giving respect and honour to her husband the king as she approached him reverently with a very serious problem and request.  She didn't approach him with an attitude of,  'you dimwit, how could you not see what Haman was up to'....why, because that knowledge had been given to her by the Lord, so to speak, not to her husband directly, and then she was to share it with him.  That's how God works, everyone having a part at different times according to His will.  Her husband's part was to then discern the truth of what she was saying and act.  And Abigail is another example, her Godliness and intercession coming forth in a different way, acting for the honour and the good of her husband and household.

My dear sisters in the Lord, we DO have a part in the kingdom of God on earth, but it must be done under authority and with the right attitude of Godly  submission to that authority.  And over the years I discovered too that when I submit myself to my husband as unto the Lord (same sense as, 'whatsoever you do, do as unto the Lord'), trusting in God, then the Lord is able to use my husband in my life according to His will, and work it all together for my good.  These things are not given for anybody's harm, but for good.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

Remember, when we read the apistals, we are reading other peoples mail. In this church if the woman had a question, or did not understand something, she would just blurt it out. That is why Paul said, "if you have a question, ask your husband at home." That is what it is talking about. It is perfectly fine for a woman to preach, or even be in authority; as long as she is submitting to the authority of her own husband!

How can it be fine for a woman to be in authority over men....when Paul clearly said that women were not to teach or usurp authority over men.  BECAUSE woman being deceived by the serpent, was in the transgression.  I personally believe a woman can get a little preach on (by the Holy Spirit), as long as isn't done in the sense of pastoring authority.  Teaching is another matter from what I understand....the teaching of doctrine etc.....is the purview of male leadership.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

She told you what her denomination was.  Pretty easy to Google the Nazarene denomination and find out what their beliefs are.  Just a couple mouse clicks away . . .

For anyone who is interested. Here you go:  http://nazarene.org/beliefs

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

what pastor these days has "authority" over anyone...????