• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

being a teacher is not the same as being in authority over someone.

I have recently taught my husband how to do something. Does that usurp his headship? no.

I have taught group so men some skills. Am I assuming authority over them? again, no.

Counseling you husband or reminding them of things .    IS not ursupring authority over him .    WELL,  unless its DO IT MY WAY type attitude .

But to just counsel ,    Nope that is not wrong .    Sarah counsled Abraham when she reminded him about The first born son and hagars son .

THEY can do those things with their husbands .   They cannot however stand over the church and TEACH and usurp authority over the church .

Prophesying is not usurping authority over the man .   Like phillips four daughters .    They got a word from the Lord and would prophesy .

What they don't do , is stand up in a position of authority ,  like those women I see on tv .   Do not follow those examples .  THEY dead wrong

and those ladies like joyce meyer ,  beth moore ,   Juanita brown and scores of others ,  they false sister .   SO are many men today who also teach and lead .

Look at the beauty of how paul and peter describe the woman .     Of a quite and meek spirit .   which is in the sight of GOD of great price .

Not about the outward appearance , like broided hair and gold and etc , BUT of the inner man .

Look at how proverbs describes her .     Oh sister ,   if you learn this ,   I promise what great peace you will have .  In fact in everyone learned

the letters of the apostels well and the gosples and the bible and revelations and lived in that manner towards GOD and all,   I tell us all

what great and pure peace would fill them .   No matter what came against them ,  OH sister,   they would rejoice and have all hope , FOR their hope IS IN THE LORD .

SO keep learning sister . And please understand this too,   you have learned some things wrong , however the more you read that bible ,  Your eyes will become clearer

and clearer , your hope will abound and Christ will be formed more and more in you .    Rememeber when paul wrote to the church and said OH my lil

children of whom I travial in birth again , TILL CHRIST be formed in you .   WELL you read that bible diligently and just embrace every word

And you will surely mature up and bear fruit of pure beauty .     OH be encouraged dear sister .   I love you and will keep encouraging you too .

• Group:  Mars Hill

5 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

That is because true prophecy is edification for the Body of Christ. It benefits all the church and it isnt taking authority but simply relaying a message from God. God also said to test a prophet. Their track record must be held with truth. 

THAT dear sister .   is word for word accurate .     let all read this one more time .

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

where does this say it certain types of gifts are only given to men, and certain types of gifts to women?

It doesnt . Gifts are doled out by the Lord.

What does your question have to do with authority within the Body of Christ? 

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

well, if the Gifts are given by God, it doesnt say that women cant be teachers,does it? so how do we know they cant be teachers? 

its seems that women can be part of any other ministry and have any other gift.

I still maintain that the headship for a woman is not from all men, but a womans husband

I encourage you to keep studying and listening. 

This isnt meant as a slight. You are a babe. You need to learn . Keep learning, keep studying because 'all of scripture ' must be used to come to an understanding and we must allow the Holy Spirit to teach us and not our natural mind. 

Cherry picking scripture does not fully explain Gods messages to us. Sometimes we must consider what he wrote back in Genesis to understand what he wrote in NT. It all fits together beautifully.

• Group:  Mars Hill

10 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

where does this say it certain types of gifts are only given to men, and certain types of gifts to women?

Gifts are given by GOD .  So to whomever whether male or female they simply receive whatever gift God gives .

The position of leadership and authority , however ,  is given unto the men .   Position does not determine what gifts one receives .   Its simply

that a position of authority is for men.   But even those must be tested and tested diligently before they even receive any leadership role .

And we keep on testing them to ensure they continue speaking by the Spirit of GOD and don't start deceiving .

We will always test every man , woman , child , or donkey if it even speaks .   AND we do it BY What HAS already been written for our admonition in that BIBLE.

By discerning the spirits , be testing all who do speak whether in leadership or any   ,  we will keep growing on and up into Christ .   But let even one bit of leaven

seep in ,  and it will start undoing all .  Tis the duty of one to HONOR GOD FIRST above all things   , loving every word written for our sake ,  by the  Power of the indwelling Spirit .

My sister ,  if I had the time to list all the ones who teach today in churches , on tv , on the net who were really wolves ,   that letter would be a book .

Its bad sister ,   its real bad now , what has happened  .  For years and decades inquity was allowed to fill places more and more and more and more

FOR WHEN correction is ceased , when instruction in righteousness FOUND in the SCRIPS is ceased to be taught    , expect only this ,  a house fallen . 

A house that is unable to discern and that goes from one evil unto worse evil , unto upmost evil , till the time comes that the lie that comes near the end is sold

and they are long prepared to hear it and reiceive that lie that damns all and will damn all.  We at that point right now .

For decades churches have and grow only worse .    SOON a king and kings will rule one hour with the beast . SOON the lie that this inclusive delusion

which is leading and preparing all ,   will be heard .   And they will see the FP , the beast , the son of perdition , as saviors .    Its building fast now sister .

SO let us get well grounded in scrips , let us resist the lies of men by our Faith in Christ .    And be prepared for as soon as this delusion fills full

WE will be betrayed sister .  Even now many are preparing both the churches and the world for our betrayal .  

OH let all submit to GOD , resist the devil and he will flee .   Let all get well grounded in the holy scrips and well learned and built up in Christ .

We are racing right towards the end time climax of it all .  And most folks just see peace , peace , unity ,  a false love , a dark gathering unto greater darkness.

And highly deceptive it is ,  for it cloakes itself as light ,  as a version of love , as a false freedom and false liberty .  IT KNOWS how to imitate

SISTER its been doing it SINCE THE TREE .     THAT is the author of this all inclusive move .  The one who first tempted the woman IS ITS AUTHOR .

AND it can appear as an angel of light ,  but it is darknesss .     You loved sister .     Let us beware the delusion taking many captive now .   And feast on that pure bible

and exhort one another daily .  

On 11/29/2018 at 9:44 AM, LadyKay said:

This actually took place in my home church. But it was a man that was interrupting the pastor and adding his own words to his sermon. It was me, a women who was annoyed by it as I wanted to listen to what the pastor said. Well the matter was taken care of and is now no longer an issue.  Interesting. 

Telling a disruptive man to be quiet is not teaching him doctrine is it?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:45 AM, LadyKay said:

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.  If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home;

We have women " speak " in our church all of the time ,  but " inquire about something "   is not how I would describe their speaking  .

I would describe the women's speaking in our church much more along the lines of worship & praise  , the same as the man's speaking .

I wonder about this statement of Paul's concerning women   wanting   to " inquire about something " publicly ?  

Especially as it is connected to the head of the household ? 

It almost seems that Paul is talking about a less than divinely inspired restlessness that is motivating the desire to  " inquire about something "   .

Pure speculation on my part , but it just seems to me there is more going on here .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

I don't agree; even in the O.T. there was a female prophetess, and judge of Israel. I have no issues with a female pastor, as long as she is 100% submissive to her husband.

Very simple, Old Covenant with the children of Israel and the New Covenant with all of the sons of Noah,  different dispensation Eph 3:2, ...different rules.

Edited by Steve_S
Changed quote to reflect actual member who made the post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 11/29/2018 at 8:00 AM, Still Alive said:

That right there nails my biggest concern about female teachers - I believe they are more easily deceived than men. I find it very difficult to take the "live" biblical teaching of ANY woman seriously. But the older I get, I am careful to believe anyone without doing my own bible search on the subject.

My impression is that women are allowed to teach other women and children as well.  Women are not to teach men as a matter of chain of command, not because then are any less than a man.  Some women are excellent teachers.  Pricilla and Aquila taught apparently as a team.  Occasionally a woman is called by men to step up where there is no man to be a pastor, until a man can be found.  

The whole thing is explained as a part of the curse, the punishment of Eve after the fall.  The Pulpit commentary covers it well.

And thy desire shall be to thy husband. תְּשׁוּקָה, from שׁוּק to run, to have a vehement longing for a thing, may have the same meaning here as in Son 7:10(Dathe, Rosenmller, Delitzsch, Keil, Bohlen, Kalisch, Alford); but is better taken as expressive of deferential submissiveness, as in Gen 4:7 (Luther, Calvin, Le Clerc, Lunge, Macdonald, Speaker’s ’Commentary’.) Following the LXX. (ἀποστροφημ), Murphy explains it as meaning, "The determination of thy will shall be yielded to thy husband." According to the analogy of the two previous clauses, the precise import of this is expressed in the next, though by many it is regarded as a distinct item in the curse (Kalisch, Alford, Clarke, Wordsworth). And he shall rule over thee. Not merely a prophecy of woman’s subjection, but an investiture of man with supremacy over the woman; or rather a confirmation and perpetuation of that authority which had been assigned to the man at the creation. Woman had been given him as an helpmeet (Gen 2:18), and her relation to the man from the first was constituted one of dependence. It was the reversal of this Divinely-established order that had led to the fall (Gen 3:17). Henceforth, therefore, woman was to be relegated to, and fixed in, her proper sphere of subordination. On account of her subjection to man’s authority a wife is described as the possessed or subjected one of a lord (Gen 20:3; Deu 20:1-20:22), and a husband as the lord of a woman (Exo 21:3). Among the Hebrews the condition of the female sex was one of distinct subordination, though not of oppression, and certainly not of slavery, as it too often has been in heathen and Mohammedan countries. Christianity, while placing woman on the same platform with man as regards the blessings of the gospel (Gal 3:28), explicitly inculcates her subordination to the man in the relationship of marriage (Eph 5:22; Col 3:18; 1Pe 3:1)

So I see the role of women as that of helpmeet in the church.  We are not to usurp the role of leadership but help out as needed and where needed.  Any pastor should respect the advice of the elders and prayerfully consider it. How much more should women do so since we were designed to help out or fill in as needed.  It is a matter of humility and respect for the leadership.  

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, LadyKay said:

So in another thread, I was accused of behaving like a cheery picking liberal Christian and of not believing that what Paul says is applicable to follow in today's world.  So I wanted to get some feed back about a passage that Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians.   Which says: 

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.  If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

I myself do not know of any church that completely follows this passage of scripture. If you attend a church that dose follow this completely, or you yourself follow it ? How is it carried out?   Are all the women in your church silent not allowed to speak at all? As Paul seems to be saying here? How dose that work?  Also I don't understand what Paul means here by saying "as the law says". I thought that when Christ died, we were free from following "the Law".  What law is Paul referring to here? 

So anyway, I welcome your feedback on this and I will not try to do anything to change your mind on your thoughts about this passage. Though I may pop in a comment here and there.  

Hi LadyKay,

`to keep silence,` - Gk. word `sigao` meaning to hold peace. These women were not to be a disturbance or to lord it over the men, (which women can tend to do). On the other hand the Apostle Peter says that men are NOT to lord it over others. (1 Peter 5: 3)

We tend to read into God`s word a control and power hierarchy for that is what is happening in the public meetings, (so called `church) today. In a public meeting and denomination, because it is business, then accountability to the government is required. However in the Body of Christ, as we gather in small groups, as was in the early days, men and women mentor others and guide the young believers in their walk with the Lord. (Rom. 16: 1 - 16)

The Body of Christ is not `a business,` but a living organism. Leadership is always undergirding and never controlling.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1