Sign in to follow this  
Hephzibah610

Just don't call me....

Have you ever been talking with the LORD and He says something funny to you?  At first you might think, was that really GOD? Yet we know He has a sense of humor or we wouldn't have one...since we are in His image.  Anyway, all that to say...one day I was reading a Scripture:  "Surely He bore up my sickness and carried away my diseases..."  And as I was thinking on that I saw in my heart, Jesus turning around and looking at me and saying: , "Just don't call me Shirley .' (Surely).....I don't know if that will strike you funny, but I found it 😆 hilarious!  I love that our GOD is not just serious and sober, but is also fun and delightful!  He is a good GOD who loves to see His children filled with joy!  One day we will all be celebrating and rejoicing in His presence and Oh what a day that will be!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 2

I've never heard God speak directly. My wife has. One time. And it was the one time in her life she REALLY needed it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest In Him

Hello..." one who evokes delight" :) 

The first time I was aware that God delights in us and has a sense of humor: I was opening a Vitamin C drop and I said in my very poor "French" accent...OHHH...ORANGE!  And I sensed His delight in me.

Another time, at a very serious moment, I told Him that He could do with me as He wished...and I saw Him holding a piece of paper and He tore it up really fast into tiny pieces. Only He could have made me laugh that hard. Brilliant humor with a message beyond words...

giphy (13).gif

• Haha 2

On 12/23/2018 at 8:33 PM, The_Patriot2019 said:

giphy (13).gif

After watching this clip , I finally got the joke lol🙊

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nonkululeko said:

After watching this clip , I finally got the joke lol🙊

Bonus points if you know what movie its from lol

9 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

Bonus points if you know what movie its from lol

I do believe that's a clip from Airplane? 

On 11/29/2018 at 8:27 AM, Hephzibah610 said:

Have you ever been talking with the LORD and He says something funny to you?  At first you might think, was that really GOD? Yet we know He has a sense of humor or we wouldn't have one...since we are in His image.  Anyway, all that to say...one day I was reading a Scripture:  "Surely He bore up my sickness and carried away my diseases..."  And as I was thinking on that I saw in my heart, Jesus turning around and looking at me and saying: , "Just don't call me Shirley .' (Surely).....I don't know if that will strike you funny, but I found it 😆 hilarious!  I love that our GOD is not just serious and sober, but is also fun and delightful!  He is a good GOD who loves to see His children filled with joy!  One day we will all be celebrating and rejoicing in His presence and Oh what a day that will be!

Amen. 

On 5/21/2019 at 8:34 AM, BeauJangles said:

I do believe that's a clip from Airplane? 

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue! 

Sign in to follow this