IGNORED

Talking to strangers?

Do you? I do. When opportunities arise. I quietly look for chances in my daily life to spread the message of Christ. I like people. I chat easily. There is always a point in a conversation where one talks about hard times, adversity. That's where i mention my testimony but carefully. Usually people are willing to talk about their lives and beliefs as long as you never pressure them. Then i simply tell them what Jesus Christ has done for me. 

So do you do this? I would never knock on doors like Jehovah's Witnesses have to. That immediately annoys people. Achieves nothing. Far better i think to include our message naturally into daily life. Chances are all around. Everyone suffers adversity. People need to talk. That's the point at which to get them thinking that they do not need to struggle alone. God loves us each. I just tell of how i could not have survived and thrived and found real peace these last several years without the faith i have in Jesus. 

We must not be ashamed or hesitant to say His name. It's the least we can do after He died for us. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Do you? I do. When opportunities arise. I quietly look for chances in my daily life to spread the message of Christ. I like people. I chat easily. There is always a point in a conversation where one talks about hard times, adversity. That's where i mention my testimony but carefully. Usually people are willing to talk about their lives and beliefs as long as you never pressure them. Then i simply tell them what Jesus Christ has done for me. 

So do you do this? I would never knock on doors like Jehovah's Witnesses have to. That immediately annoys people. Achieves nothing. Far better i think to include our message naturally into daily life. Chances are all around. Everyone suffers adversity. People need to talk. That's the point at which to get them thinking that they do not need to struggle alone. God loves us each. I just tell of how i could not have survived and thrived and found real peace these last several years without the faith i have in Jesus. 

We must not be ashamed or hesitant to say His name. It's the least we can do after He died for us. 

So true.  Also people are often much more open to prayer when suffering from illness or other adversities.   We should not hesitate to ask people if they would like us to pray with them.    The Lord can often use this to reach their hearts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Yes. Strangers find me in the store and start talking to me telling me all their problems. This happens a lot to me.   

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I have a very sanguine personality. I talk to complete strangers all the time. Other personalities have a harder time with this. Some of us are eyes, some ears, some hands, and some sphincters. :)

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yes. Strangers find me in the store and start talking to me telling me all their problems. This happens a lot to me.   

My mouse hand hurts today. Do you have time for me to go into detail?:D

Edited by Still Alive

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

8 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

My mouse hand hurts today. Do you have time for me to go into detail?:D

I made a thread about it somewhere on Worthy here a few months back. Maybe I can find it and copy past it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I take the joy of worship out into the world everyday with no fear of consequence as I have greater respect for the everlasting life than the one I have first began in...

Edited by enoob57

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I made a thread about it somewhere on Worthy here a few months back. Maybe I can find it and copy past it?

No wonder complete strangers tell you their problems. :D

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I must admit, no. I'm really rather not fond of conversation, both because i'm bad with people and bad with words. I realize that really isn't good on my part, though. The larger the gap you put between yourself and other people, the more difficult it becomes to undo it. Also, i'm perhaps a bit too cozy cutting myself off from other folks; far easier to not deal with them, you know?