IGNORED

Growning in Christ.

Not me

Please bear w/me in posting my collection of Andrew Murray quotes...these fall into the category of self.

Humility is the most difficult of all virtues to achieve;

Nothing dies harder than the desire to think well of oneself.

There is no pride so dangerous and insidious, as the pride of holiness.

Humility                                                                        

...is perfect quietness of heart.

It is to expect nothing

To wonder at nothing that is done to me

To feel nothing done against me

It is to be at rest when nobody praises me

And when I am blamed or despised

It is to have a blessed home in the Lord

Where I can go in and shut the door

And kneel to my Father in secret

And am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness

When all around and above is trouble.

Thank You, Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, In Him said:

Please bear w/me in posting my collection of Andrew Murray quotes...these fall into the category of self.

Humility is the most difficult of all virtues to achieve;

Nothing dies harder than the desire to think well of oneself.

There is no pride so dangerous and insidious, as the pride of holiness.

Humility                                                                        

...is perfect quietness of heart.

It is to expect nothing

To wonder at nothing that is done to me

To feel nothing done against me

It is to be at rest when nobody praises me

And when I am blamed or despised

It is to have a blessed home in the Lord

Where I can go in and shut the door

And kneel to my Father in secret

And am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness

When all around and above is trouble.

Thank You, Lord.

Beautiful.

Self is all the evil we possess. Once this is learned,  the Christian walk becomes a joyous event. You still have your struggles, but now it becomes a continual “reckoning yourself dead” in any and all circumstances. Trusting His love you, accepting all by His hand,  and only looking for righteousness in all things. Blessed are those that see and walk in it. Death to self is what is necessary to walk in newness of life. 

Blessing.

Much love in Christ, Not me

• This is Worthy 1

16 minutes ago, Not me said:

Trusting His love you, accepting all by His hand

Amen. Always receive everything by His hand with a thankful heart, no matter what it is.

And be ready to give yourself to whatever seems to be His will.

If we are not led of the Spirit, we can't follow Him...                                                                                                                      

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Eph 5:20

Give thanks in every circumstance, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thes 5:18

5 hours ago, In Him said:

And be ready to give yourself to whatever seems to be His will.

If we are not led of the Spirit, we can't follow Him...                                                                                                          

Yes, Agreed, 

“and being ready to give yourself to whatever seems to be His will.” etc. 

This  is why I added;

“and only looking for righteousness in all things”

Which are/is the same thing. For God’s will is only righteousness, always. Once it is seen that there is a righteousness in all things. Regardless of whether the circumstances are pleasing to the flesh or not. There “IS” a righteousness in all things,  and it is that righteousness that is God’s will for that particular situation,  at that moment of time. When this is seen, in any and all circumstances the believer looks for the righteous action and does that, they can confidently know that they are in the will of God. For God’s will is always righteousness. 

It might help to know/see/understand exactly what righteousness is. Righteousness is that which is free from all disorder. So in every and all situations search/seek/look for that,  that is free from all disorder in that situation, or moment of time and you are searching for the righteousness in that situation, or moment of time. 

Hope in helps

edit, knowning that all unrighteousness is a elevation of self, might help also. ???

also that righteousness never ever changes,  even to all eternity. Righteousness will always remain the same, that bar never changes. 

(I keep editing. Lol. Have a great day) :)

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. Luke 24:49

I, like others I'm sure, have heard many times what we must do, but are left wondering how to do it.

Andrew Murray, in the 7th chapter of his book The Spirit of Christ, explains after the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of us when we are born again there is a second work He performs in our lives, He gives us His power, dunamis, to live the Christian life and be conformed into the image of Jesus Christ, but there is a requirement:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. Jn 14:15

If we keep His Commandments, the Ten, before the second work of the Holy Spirit, by relinquishing our will and authority of our lives to the Holy Spirit inside of us, then in His Mercy and Grace Jesus says:

And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; Jn 14:16

We read in 2 Ch 29:16  And the priests went into the inner part of the house of the LORD, to cleanse it, and brought out all the uncleanness that they found in the temple of the LORD into the court of the house of the LORD. And the Levites took it, to carry it out abroad into the brook Kidron.

We are the Temple of God today, we are His priests, we are to keep the Ten Commandments that have been written by the Holy Spirit on our hearts spiritually Rom 7:14, ...if we purpose in our hearts to cleanse the uncleanness the Holy Spirit reveals to us, then we are showing our love for Jesus by obeying His Commandments and in faith receive the Holy Spirit in our lives to accomplish His work of conforming us into His image.

I apologize for my feeble attempt at explaining what Murray so profoundly taught, it's a great book and I highly recommend it.

Lord bless    

4 hours ago, Not me said:

Yes, Agreed, 

“and being ready to give yourself to whatever seems to be His will.” etc. 

This  is why I added;

“and only looking for righteousness in all things”

Which are/is the same thing. For God’s will is only righteousness, always. Once it is seen that there is a righteousness in all things. Regardless of whether the circumstances are pleasing to the flesh or not. There “IS” a righteousness in all things,  and it is that righteousness that is God’s will for that particular situation,  at that moment of time. When this is seen, in any and all circumstances the believer looks for the righteous action and does that, they can confidently know that they are in the will of God. For God’s will is always righteousness. 

It might help to know/see/understand exactly what righteousness is. Righteousness is that which is free from all disorder. So in every and all situations search/seek/look for that,  that is free from all disorder in that situation, or moment of time and you are searching for the righteousness in that situation, or moment of time. 

Hope in helps

edit, knowning that all unrighteousness is a elevation of self, might help also. ???

also that righteousness never ever changes,  even to all eternity. Righteousness will always remain the same, that bar never changes. 

(I keep editing. Lol. Have a great day) :)

No worries :) 

I knew what you meant and agree it's the same thing...

...but in less than a nano-second decided not to include  "only looking for righteousness in all things" etc.

My bad. 

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you,

always laboring fervently for you in prayers,

that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. Col 4:12 

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. Luke 24:49

I, like others I'm sure, have heard many times what we must do, but are left wondering how to do it.

Andrew Murray, in the 7th chapter of his book The Spirit of Christ, explains after the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of us when we are born again there is a second work He performs in our lives, He gives us His power, dunamis, to live the Christian life and be conformed into the image of Jesus Christ, but there is a requirement:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. Jn 14:15

If we keep His Commandments, the Ten, before the second work of the Holy Spirit, by relinquishing our will and authority of our lives to the Holy Spirit inside of us, then in His Mercy and Grace Jesus says:

And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; Jn 14:16

We read in 2 Ch 29:16  And the priests went into the inner part of the house of the LORD, to cleanse it, and brought out all the uncleanness that they found in the temple of the LORD into the court of the house of the LORD. And the Levites took it, to carry it out abroad into the brook Kidron.

We are the Temple of God today, we are His priests, we are to keep the Ten Commandments that have been written by the Holy Spirit on our hearts spiritually Rom 7:14, ...if we purpose in our hearts to cleanse the uncleanness the Holy Spirit reveals to us, then we are showing our love for Jesus by obeying His Commandments and in faith receive the Holy Spirit in our lives to accomplish His work of conforming us into His image.

I apologize for my feeble attempt at explaining what Murray so profoundly taught, it's a great book and I highly recommend it.

Lord bless    

Yes, you did just fine! I am a Murray fan myself. Andrew was a proponent and teacher of that which was coined as the “second blessing”. Though I am 100% convinced the teaching is a correct and accurate one. Calling it a “second blessing ” has caused trouble and confusion in the Church. For it is not a second blessing per-say, though it will truly be a blessing above blessings.  What it is, is actually a deeper understanding of what our salvation in Christ consists of. Paul speaks about his understanding of the “mystery of Christ in us the Hope of Glory”. This is what this teaching is. It pertains to   us having been crucified with Christ. What this actually means. Not by letter-learned knowledge but by experience. This “seeing” of what being crucified with Christ is, this brought into reality and substance in the life of the believer. Which is simply a deeper understanding of what our salvation in Christ consists of. This truth (of which there are many) is the truth of “how” to walk a victorious Christian life. It is this truth, “our deaths in Christ”  seen inwardly, that frees a person from the power of their fallen nature. Once this is seen, the joys and the victories  over sin will most assuredly seem like a “second blessing”. 

Let me come at it this way, it might help;

How could you be guaranteed never ever to sin again, from now to all eternity?  There is but one way, your death. (“he that has died is freed from sin”).

But we have to be brought to the place where we would be willing to die rather than sin. When we see that there is no hope for us wherever, but to literally die. For until than we will continually try to help God out rather than trust and allow Him to do all. For He must do all or “something” is a work of self. 

Hope it helps and is sorta understandable. 

Blessing. 

Edited by Not me

51 minutes ago, In Him said:

No worries :) 

I knew what you meant and agree it's the same thing...

...but in less than a nano-second decided not to include  "only looking for righteousness in all things" etc.

My bad. 

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you,

always laboring fervently for you in prayers,

that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. Col 4:12 

Got-cha, understand and blessings. 

Brain working in a nano-second, (must be nice)  My brain cell (single) is way to tired.  Lol ? 

old grumpy and crusty, ?.

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

2 hours ago, Not me said:

How could you be guaranteed never ever to sin again, from now to all eternity?  There is but one way, your death. (“he that has died is freed from sin”).

Didn't John tell us that whosoever is born of God does not sin?

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and He cannot sin, because He is born of God.

1 Jn 3:9

Did not Paul teach us that when we sin it's not us, our new born again creation 2 Cor 5:17, but rather the old nature of sin that still resides within us?

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. Rom 7:16. 17

So then Murray was explaining these verses in the practical application of our lives:

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  Rom 7:18-20

We are to "reckon"ourselves dead to sin, and we do that by loving God more than sin, ...then the super abundant Grace is added to the equation and when the old nature sins, as it is so disposed to do, then we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ our Redeemer. 1 Jn 2:1

To sum up, ...yes we are to "reckon" ourselves crucified and resurrected with Christ about 2000 years ago, but as Murray explained it's ALL of God, it's the Holy Spirit working in us in His process of Sanctification that is conforming us into the Image of our beloved Lord and not by my strength, will or determination can I add anything to that.

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of Hosts. Zech 4:6

4 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Didn't John tell us that whosoever is born of God does not sin?

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and He cannot sin, because He is born of God.

1 Jn 3:9

Did not Paul teach us that when we sin it's not us, our new born again creation 2 Cor 5:17, but rather the old nature of sin that still resides within us?

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. Rom 7:16. 17

So then Murray was explaining these verses in the practical application of our lives:

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  Rom 7:18-20

We are to "reckon"ourselves dead to sin, and we do that by loving God more than sin, ...then the super abundant Grace is added to the equation and when the old nature sins, as it is so disposed to do, then we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ our Redeemer. 1 Jn 2:1

To sum up, ...yes we are to "reckon" ourselves crucified and resurrected with Christ about 2000 years ago, but as Murray explained it's ALL of God, it's the Holy Spirit working in us in His process of Sanctification that is conforming us into the Image of our beloved Lord and not by my strength, will or determination can I add anything to that.

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of Hosts. Zech 4:6

Bless you!

May we continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. That today we might know Him a little more than yesterday and tomorrow a little more than today. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1