• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 11/30/2018 at 10:53 PM, In Him said:

Please bear w/me in posting my collection of Andrew Murray quotes...these fall into the category of self.

@In Him These are excellent quotes. I collect quotes that are profound yet practical, such as these. Thanks for sharing them. Andrew Murray had much to say, didn't he?

@Not me

On 12/1/2018 at 2:38 AM, Not me said:

You still have your struggles, but now it becomes a continual “reckoning yourself dead” in any and all circumstances.

Yes. As long as we live we will have this 'tug of war' within. So each new day with each new temptation it is a choice. We must handle the moment by asking ourselves, "Am I going to yield to that or will I remember the truth of Galatians 2:2o?" (below)

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."(Galatians 2:20)

We need to daily identify with the truth that our salvation includes Christ's imputed righteousness “For our sake he made him [Jesus] to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Each time we realize we are dead to sin we can be victorious through the strength of Christ. "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:11

Thanks for posting this topic. :)

Edited by turtletwo
added to it
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 11/30/2018 at 6:45 PM, maryjayne said:

this is so hard. so very hard.

@maryjayne It sure is. I know exactly what you mean. I feel that way, too. Thank you for your honesty. It is a encouraging to know that there are others who are in the same boat:)as me.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@Not me

Yes. As long as we live we will have this 'tug of war' within. So each new day with each new temptation it is a choice. We must handle the moment by asking ourselves, "Am I going to yield to that or will I remember the truth of Galatians 2:2o?" (below)

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."(Galatians 2:20)

We need to daily identify with the truth that our salvation includes Christ's imputed righteousness “For our sake he made him [Jesus] to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Each time we realize we are dead to sin we can be victorious through the strength of Christ. "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:11

Thanks for posting this topic. :)

Your more than welcome. It is a blessing to speak on the subject.

Scripture says “we die daily”. Each time we choose and do “reckon ourselfs dead” Christ grows a little more in our innermost being. This dying to self or reckoning oneself dead, as  you mentioned is the way to walk a victorious Christian life. To the degree we appropriate our deaths in Christ, to that degree can Christ be written in our heart or manifested in our life’s.

Scripture says that “Christ in us is our hope of glory” this I believe is an eternal truth, it will be true for all eternity. It will always be “Christ in us” as our eternal glory but only to the degree He has been formed in us. So it behooves us to run the race that we might win the price. Which as you know is; 

“all of Him and nothing of us”. 

For it comes down to this simple truth. 

“if it’s me it’s sin, if it’s Christ it’s not”.

Blessings as we grow in this truth for reckoning ourselfs dead in Christ is life. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Not me said:

To the degree we appropriate our deaths in Christ, to that degree can Christ be written in our heart or manifested in our life’s.

I've noticed you've used this term before elsewhere "Christ be written in our heart"...or manifested in our life.

I understand 'manifested', and have looked for scriptures to understand where you get "written" in our heart.

I realize you mean it synonomously, but I can't reckon :) that. Thanks for your help. 

(degree appropriate our deaths=degree of manifestation...understood)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@maryjayne It sure is. I know exactly what you mean. I feel that way, too. Thank you for your honesty. It is a encouraging to know that there are others who are in the same boat:)as me.

And now a wonderful reminder .   WE IN THE ARK OF THE LORD .  That SHIP WONT SINK .   It withstands the greatest most powerful storms that life does crash against it .

Better to be on the ARK of the LORD ,  then on the great and mighty TITANIC SHIP that the world coupled with wicked institutions have made ready .

The ark was safe through all The warth of GOD ,   but the titanic built by men of great wisdom ,   and pride of life ,  WILL NOT WITHSTAND the WRATH OF GOD .

No matter what the world is going to do to us ,  no matter how betrayed we will be ,    THE LAMBS GONNA SING TO CHRIST .

Having great hope that no matter what they suffer for His name sake , no matter what they lose for HIS name sake ,   THE WORLD cannot HARM the ARK OF GOD .

No matter what plans they devise to come full force against the LAMB and the lambs of HIS PASTURE , and no matter how many die for HIM .

NOT a ounce of their soul will be harmed .    FOR STRONG IS THE LORD and He watches over HIS flock.

And as they have sailed safely IN CHRIST through all ages , being faithful to the end ,   Soon it will be our turn to enter into tribulation as many before us in all ages have .

But this tribulation will be great .    Not great because we suffer worse , no we will suffer the same as others before us have .  BUT GREAT , because of the number

of saints it will kill and world wide .    Their will be so much blood in this last great tribulation which comes full force against the saints .

But what never changes .     WE GOT THE SAME HOPE EVERY man , woman or child who has been beaten or killed through all ages .   AND OUR HOPE , HIS NAME IS CHRIST .

REJOICE LAMBS ,   And have no fear of what is coming , the body can die , BUT IN CHRIST THE SOUL LIVES FOREVER .    I have loved you all and my hope is

that all remain faithful to CHRIST , fearing not he who can punish the body , kill the body ,   And that we look not at our circumstances , BUT SIMPLY EMBRACE THE LORD

and as we suffer , HE WILL CONSOLE US .   I know ,  yall hear a lot of these warnings of what is nigh to come . BUT that is because IT IS NIGH TO COME

and we must be built up in CHRIST and have no fear .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 minutes ago, In Him said:

I've noticed you've used this term before elsewhere "Christ be written in our heart"...or manifested in our life.

I understand 'manifested', and have looked for scriptures to understand where you get "written" in our heart.

I realize you mean it synonomously, but I can't reckon :) that. Thanks for your help. 

OH sister you are loved .   And we know that the Law is written on our hearts and minds IN CHRIST .   That all who follow the SPIRIT have the law fulfilled in themselves .

THE RIGHTEOUSNESS of the law that is summed up in the two great commandments .   FOR truly the LOVE that comes from GOD only fulfills the law for it does no evil

to its neighbor and it LOVES CHRIST , TRUTH ,  above all .     Love wont make void or transgress ,   IT SIMPLY FULLFILLS .    And ten thousand times over

I am not speaking about that sensual love that so many are falling for .  THAT sensual love DENIES GOD , DENIES CHRIST   < DENIES TRUTH .

NOW raise those hands dear sister ,   raise them and praise the LORD .   

Yes, thank you.

I should have added that I realize "The law is written on our hearts and minds"....one of the scriptures I'm familiar.

I'm also familiar with "We are living epistles...read of all men" etc.

It was 'equating' The law and Christ written on our hearts...that I couldn't see.

"The LAW of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus...I see THAT law...glorious law...IN Christ.

But God has used Not me in my life. As well, Andrew Murray.

And He directed me to ask Not me questions for a change, instead of just reading his posts, which btw I drink deeply. fwtw

I see that he cannot write some of the things he writes without that channel between him and God;

as in his writing/understanding of 'righteousness' and 'death' that doesn't come from books/man.

All glory to God. \o/

Edited by In Him

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, In Him said:

No worries, blessings!, 

The scripture(s) I pulled it from are; 

2 Corinthians 3:3 (KJV)
[Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

I shorten, and hopefully still left the gist of the scripture in tack,and added part of the scripture;

2 Corinthians 3:2 (NASB)
You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men;

Which, hopefully I correctly divided the Words of life. And came up with; 

“Christ would be written in our hearts that He would/could be read by all men”.

Let me know if you think I’ve taken to many liberties? 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

47 minutes ago, Not me said:

2 Corinthians 3:3 (KJV)
[Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Of Course! Will never forget 2C3:3 ! \o/