• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

This is also a favorite of mine.  I always remember the prophecy of the angel to Mary and how she hid all these things in her heart.  But as time went on and she was busy raising Him and his brothers and sisters she must have had times that she wondered.  Yet she asked Him to turn the water into wine.  She was given an outline of hints as in the prophets but it was in a mirror darkly.  We aren't even sure that she followed Him except to the cross, the tomb and to wait for the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.  

How many of us women while pregnant know what will become of our children?  We hope and pray, we claim promises, and we raise them up in the way they should go.  We aren't blessed as Mary was or found favor with God as she was, but we are born again as God's children and have the guidance and enlightenment of the Holy Spirit.  Yet we have no idea what impact they will have on those they know or how God will use them.  We can only commit them to His care and guidance and continue to pray for them and their families.    

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/1/2018 at 7:57 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You know, one of the things I like about this Carol, is that it features more than just the birth of Jesus, it focuses on Jesus much more fully than that. He is celebrated as a healer and worker of miracles, Lord of Creation, ruler of the nations, Mary's savior, and even as God Himself. Few Christmas carols, speak so boldly about who Jesus is!

Yes, but they are gay.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, but they are gay.

It is possible, I certainly never asked them. I also do not ask my butcher, if my meat was sacrificed to idols. I can eat, and still thank God, without worrying about such things. I voted for Trump, not because he was Christian, but because I though he could do a job.

The Pentonix perform well, if you disagree, that is up to you. The lyrics, not the performers sexual proclivities, glorify God.

15Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. 16The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment. 18What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice.

It is our job to judge those in the Church, those who are outside, are for God to judge. I am just listening to music, not recommending them as elders!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Why can't you post my version with Tessara?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think Mark Lowry touches my heart more than the others who sing this.   Others sing it and it's lovely, but the song comes directly from Mark's soul to ours.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

An interesting story with this song.   Mark wrote the lyrics for it, and Buddy Greene put it to music.   And it was Buddy that first did the song in public.   I don't remember what Middle East country he was in but had done a concert to a private group of Islamic people (which do like his music)   Buddy said he had played/sang everything he knew but they were not ready for him to quit.   So he told them that he had just finish putting this together for Mark but if they liked he would do it for them.

He said when he finished there was not a sound in the room.   He had thought for a minute he'd gone across some line and  pushed them over the edge...    then after a short awkward silence he said an old gentleman leaned forward in his seat and said, "Can you do that again?"  And it was then that Buddy knew they had put together a song that was special.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/2/2018 at 3:57 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You know, one of the things I like about this Carol, is that it features more than just the birth of Jesus, it focuses on Jesus much more fully than that. He is celebrated as a healer and worker of miracles, Lord of Creation, ruler of the nations, Mary's savior, and even as God Himself. Few Christmas carols, speak so boldly about who Jesus is!

I didn't know this song. Thank you, Omegaman 3.0, for posting it and @other one for saving me the time to look for the writer. :)