• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hello brothers and sisters,

I just noticed something, that I thought needed to be researched, and I thought I need to ask about that. 

In EZEKIEL 23:23 it says: "Pekod and Shoa and Koa" - "פְּק֤וֹד וְשׁ֙וֹעַ֙ וְק֔וֹעַ". 

And in ISAIAH 61:1 It says "and the opening of the prison to them that are bound"(The King James version) - "וְלַאֲסוּרִ֖ים פְּקַח קֽוֹחַ"

Observations:

1) "asurim" - one can't help but notice the striking resemblance to the word "Assyria". 

2) "peqach-qoach" translates simply as "an opening" on the Biblehub website. Two words with a dash translate as one word. And again, one can't help but notice the resemblance to "Pekod" and "Koa".

3) "Shoah" - is another term for "the holocaust". Please, don't find me insensitive. My grandpa's family died in the holocaust too. The reason I am trying to understand this is because I'm trying to worship THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!! trying to understand HIS!!!!!!!!!!! Word! 

I also really love learning Hebrew too. 

My question is: did those words originate from those 3 places in Babilon - Pekod, Shoa and Koa? And did "asurim" originate from the word "Assyria"? And are there more words like that?