• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

Do to a conversation in another forum, I decided to post this study on the subject, because of confusion.

There is a lot of judging, and concern within the church about people that get remarried after divorce, or those that choose to marry someone who is divorced. First let me say that all my life I was VERY against remarrying after divorce, to the point that I would not go to my own relives wedding if it happened. I am a very black and white person, I believe the bible is the same way. I don't like discrepancy in the bible, and if I do find one, I'll study it until it is ether black, or white. Well I found a huge discrepancy in the bible concerning remarrying after divorce! This is what I found…

First we know According to the law, those that commit adultery are both put to death. Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Here is the discrepancy…

Deut 24:1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it shall come to pass that she findeth no favor in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house.

Deut 24:2 And when she hath departed from his house, she may go and be another man's [wife].

Deut 24:3 And [if] the latter husband shall hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house; or if the latter husband shall die, who took her [to be] his wife;

So here we see a divorced woman remarriage another man… And she was not put to death, it was allowed!?! So ether God can't make up His mind, or….. Getting remarried after divorce is NOT committing adultery!

What about Matthew 19:9? Matt 19:9 And I say to you, Whoever shall put away his wife, except for lewdness, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoever marrieth her who is put away, committeth adultery.

V. 9 is actually not talking about divorce, or not legal divorce, but rather separation, and according to the bible there is a difference. In V. 8 it talks about making your divorce legal through paper work; Matt 19:7 They say to him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorce, and to put her away? That is the reason that they did not be put to death, because as long as they made there seperation legal according to God they could then remarry. Only if a couple separated, but were not legally divorced would it then be adultery to marry!

The truth is… 1Cor 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. God would rather have someone get married, or even remarried than to burn with lust on the inside!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

Brother, if we shine the Light of the Holy Spirit on these verses will will find there are no discrepancies.

First we must understand the Old Covenant has been replaced by the New Covenant, Paul taught we are no longer under the Law, but we are now under Grace. He taught the Law was given to show us that no descendant of Adam could keep or fulfill it, the whole purpose of the Law was to lead us to Jesus, ...so Father sent His Son into this world in the form of a man to keep the Law for us, and He did, ...the transformation teaches us that, ...Jesus met with the Moses and Elisha, God representatives of the Law and the Prophets and they found no fault in Him, that is why He was clothed in Light, which in the Word represents the righteousness of God, ...at that moment He could of returned to Heaven to be with His Father, but He decided to stay and allow humanity to commit the most horrendous sin in it's history and kill God, ...on the Cross He took on Himself all of the sin of humanity from Adam to the last person that will be born during the Millennium, at that time Father turned away from His Son and during those three hours on the Cross for the first time in Eternity past, the Father and the Son were separated, then Jesus released His Spirit and died, three day later He rose from the grave and returned to be with His Father in Heaven to sprinkle His human blood on the Altar in Heaven, ...proof for us that His sacrifice was sufficient to save us from our sin debt we owed to God.

So, let's look at Lev 20:10, yes both of the participants were to be stoned, ...Jewish tradition teaches us when caught they were placed in a wooden planter box in the town square and the people stoned them, after they were dead they planted a tree in the box as a reminder of the penalty of adultery. 

Deut 24:1, the cause for writing the certificate of divorce is not adultery,  but the husband found no favor in his wife, ...that means he could divorce her because she burned the bread.

Matt 19:19 is Jesus giving His command as God during the dispensation of Grace Eph 3:2, ...rather than stone the participants they were shown Grace and rather than dying they must live celibate lives until their death. 

Jesus is teaching if there is infidelity in the marriage the innocent partner may remarry, and Paul adds, "only in the Lord," that means a born again child of God.

Now, here's my testimony, ...Father brought a Christian woman into my life and we married, after the Lord called us here to Tahiti she decided she didn't' want to stay so she left, became pregnant from another man, divorced me and married him. Two years later, while I was living on the sister island of Moorea Father told me to go to Tahiti on Sunday and go to church, He told me what church to go to and during the service, a young woman came in from teaching Sunday School to the children through the side door in front of me, ...Father spoke to my heart, "That is the woman I have chosen for you to be your wife."

I went home to Moorea and prayed for Father to give me confirmation from His Word, during the week He gave me Pro 18:22 "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." I was taught to seek two confirmations from Father before making a decision, especially one as important as this one, so I asked Him for the second confirmation, several weeks later at that church a sister came rushing in through the door and down the aisle to where I was and blurted out, "Brother, Brother, ...the Lord has given me a verse for you, Pro 18:22!" 

At that time my French was very limited and she didn't speak English, ...I proposed to her using a English-French dictionary LOL, later when we could communicate she told me she had been praying to Father for 12 years for an American husband who could play an instrument and loved working with children, ...that's me, ...I'm living proof of what Jesus taught in Matt 19:19, ...not only does Jesus allow remarrying for the innocent party, He set the whole thing up in advance knowing I would be divorced by one of His precious children. 

Grace changes everything, ...oh the unfathomable, infinite Grace of our Loving Heavenly Father towards us lost sinners!

Lord bless

• Praise God! 2

It is true that the Law of Moses did carry a death penalty for someone who commits adultery, but we also see examples like of Joseph, who was going to put away Mary privately when it appeared she had been unfaithful.  My opinion is that when it says that a man finds some uncleanness in his wife, it means some form of sexual immorality, which would be adultery.  That is the only thing that makes any sense.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

Do to a conversation in another forum, I decided to post this study on the subject, because of confusion.

There is a lot of judging, and concern within the church about people that get remarried after divorce, or those that choose to marry someone who is divorced. First let me say that all my life I was VERY against remarrying after divorce, to the point that I would not go to my own relives wedding if it happened. I am a very black and white person, I believe the bible is the same way. I don't like discrepancy in the bible, and if I do find one, I'll study it until it is ether black, or white. Well I found a huge discrepancy in the bible concerning remarrying after divorce! This is what I found…

First we know According to the law, those that commit adultery are both put to death. Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Here is the discrepancy…

Deut 24:1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it shall come to pass that she findeth no favor in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house.

Deut 24:2 And when she hath departed from his house, she may go and be another man's [wife].

Deut 24:3 And [if] the latter husband shall hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house; or if the latter husband shall die, who took her [to be] his wife;

So here we see a divorced woman remarriage another man… And she was not put to death, it was allowed!?! So ether God can't make up His mind, or….. Getting remarried after divorce is NOT committing adultery!

What about Matthew 19:9? Matt 19:9 And I say to you, Whoever shall put away his wife, except for lewdness, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoever marrieth her who is put away, committeth adultery.

V. 9 is actually not talking about divorce, or not legal divorce, but rather separation, and according to the bible there is a difference. In V. 8 it talks about making your divorce legal through paper work; Matt 19:7 They say to him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorce, and to put her away? That is the reason that they did not be put to death, because as long as they made there seperation legal according to God they could then remarry. Only if a couple separated, but were not legally divorced would it then be adultery to marry!

The truth is… 1Cor 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. God would rather have someone get married, or even remarried than to burn with lust on the inside!

God keeps His Promises and God expects His people to keep their promises.

Divorce was allowed because of Moses. But from the beginning it was not allowed. 

And it is still not allowed, but Christians disobey God in the choice for a mate, and second, in deciding to get divorced. 

Imagine if Christ were to divorce His Bride, the Church, because of some sexual or non-sexual sin.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, Butero said:

It is true that the Law of Moses did carry a death penalty for someone who commits adultery, but we also see examples like of Joseph, who was going to put away Mary privately when it appeared she had been unfaithful.  My opinion is that when it says that a man finds some uncleanness in his wife, it means some form of sexual immorality, which would be adultery.  That is the only thing that makes any sense.  

YES .   its why JESUS said SAVE FOR FORNICATION .    notice the law said uncleanliness.    ITS UNCLEAN .

We know that a man can put away his wife FOR FORNICATION .    

But if a man or woman puts away their spouse for any other cause , save for fornication ,   if the man remarries its adultery .   AND WHOEVER marrys the woman who was put away

Commits adultery.   JESUS WORDS will stand to the end of time .      THE ONLY legal way to be LOOSED from a spouse  ,  is death or fornication .   

WHEN TD JAKES told paula white , WOMAN thou art LOOSED from thy husband .  THAT wicked man was playing as though HE is in the stead o GOD .   AND I WONT STAND for false

prophets who play God .   Paul had it right .    SO while if SHE be married to another man , WHILE her first husband lives ,  she will be called an adulteress .

GOD wont honor gay marriage and HE DONT honor adultery either .  NIETHER marriage is valid in the eyes OF GOD .

IF two gay men were married and one came to CHRIST later ,   CAN HE STILL STAY in that death marriage .  NOPE .   He must repent of it .

Leave it .    The only way out for that woman that paul gave the example too ,  IS she better hope that first husband dies before she does

WHICH is crazy gambling ,  OR that marriage must be ceased . 

12 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YES .   its why JESUS said SAVE FOR FORNICATION .    notice the law said uncleanliness.    ITS UNCLEAN .

We know that a man can put away his wife FOR FORNICATION .    

But if a man or woman puts away their spouse for any other cause , save for fornication ,   if the man remarries its adultery .   AND WHOEVER marrys the woman who was put away

Commits adultery.   JESUS WORDS will stand to the end of time .      THE ONLY legal way to be LOOSED from a spouse  ,  is death or fornication .   

WHEN TD JAKES told paula white , WOMAN thou art LOOSED from thy husband .  THAT wicked man was playing as though HE is in the stead o GOD .   AND I WONT STAND for false

prophets who play God .   Paul had it right .    SO while if SHE be married to another man , WHILE her first husband lives ,  she will be called an adulteress .

GOD wont honor gay marriage and HE DONT honor adultery either .  NIETHER marriage is valid in the eyes OF GOD .

IF two gay men were married and one came to CHRIST later ,   CAN HE STILL STAY in that death marriage .  NOPE .   He must repent of it .

Leave it .    The only way out for that woman that paul gave the example too ,  IS she better hope that first husband dies before she does

WHICH is crazy gambling ,  OR that marriage must be ceased . 

The gay marriage example doesn't work because God's definition of marriage must be between a man and a woman.  Also, Jesus recognized all 5 of the marriages of the woman at the well, so while I agree with you about the only Biblical grounds for re-marriage, and T.D. Jakes misuse of scripture to play God, I don't look at an unlawful marriage between a man and a woman as the same thing as two homosexuals calling their relationship a marriage.  

Edited by Butero

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Butero said:

The gay marriage example doesn't work because God's definition of marriage must be between a man and a woman.  Also, Jesus recognized all 5 of the marriages of the woman at the well, so while I agree with you about the only Biblical grounds for re-marriage, and T.D. Jakes misuse of scripture to play God, I don't look at an unlawful marriage between a man and a woman as the same thing as two homosexuals calling their relationship a marriage.  

Well of course its not the same thing  in that sense .   Their is a difference between adultery and gay marriage .    But  I must say fornicators , adulterers and so on

ITS all SIN   .    But I do agree  that its not the identical same thing .    

Id only ever Get married once..... if it didn't work out id never get married again... Because your only supposed to get married once it is supposed to be death till part... so if we parted.. I wouldn't get married again.... don't understand the people who get married over and over and over.

wish we lived in the good old days when marriage actually lasted..... but in these modern times.. your lucky if it lasts 2 years. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,029
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 minutes ago, Luke11 said:

Id only ever Get married once..... if it didn't work out id never get married again... Because your only supposed to get married once it is supposed to be death till part... so if we parted.. I wouldn't get married again.... don't understand the people who get married over and over and over.

wish we lived in the good old days when marriage actually lasted..... but in these modern times.. your lucky if it lasts 2 years. 

there is nothing about a good long term marriage that has anything whatsoever to do with luck....      a lot of young people are not willing to work for anything much less the work it takes for a marriage to last.....   but most of the people  I know in their 30's and 40's that have been married once for more than 2 years....    I'm not sure where you live, but here there is a group that marry and remarry and because of their actions skew the numbers of how the average marriage lasts....   when you have two out of ten people get a divorce but over a ten year period of time get married three times you have the numbers telling you that only about half the marriages last....

I can only speak for the people in our area, but the two year if you are lucky does not apply to the people here.

in case you are wondering, I have been married for 48 years to the same and only woman I've been married to.....   and out of my graduating class of high school, 80% of us are married to the same person after all these years...

Many of the divorcers just get married for the wrong reasons and when it doesn't work out the first time they make the same mistakes over and over.....    but that's not the majority here.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, other one said:

there is nothing about a good long term marriage that has anything whatsoever to do with luck....      a lot of young people are not willing to work for anything much less the work it takes for a marriage to last.....   but most of the people  I know in their 30's and 40's that have been married once for more than 2 years....    I'm not sure where you live, but here there is a group that marry and remarry and because of their actions skew the numbers of how the average marriage lasts....   when you have two out of ten people get a divorce but over a ten year period of time get married three times you have the numbers telling you that only about half the marriages last....

I can only speak for the people in our area, but the two year if you are lucky does not apply to the people here.

in case you are wondering, I have been married for 48 years to the same and only woman I've been married to.....   and out of my graduating class of high school, 80% of us are married to the same person after all these years...

Many of the divorcers just get married for the wrong reasons and when it doesn't work out the first time they make the same mistakes over and over.....    but that's not the majority here.

Having a family is one thing I have always wanted but haven't got yet.

I am glad your marriage is going well it is nice and refreshing to hear when marriages are working well and are happy.

All the degeneracy of society and callapse  of marriage started in the 60's mainly due to the obvious satanic agendas of dividing men and women and also destroying the family unit. it started with the boomers and each generation as gotten worse since..... the only generation I have respect for which had true morals and values and traditions and GOD are the great generation people in they 80's and 90's now. They where born in ww1 had the great depression then ww2 and still kept STRONG with they morals and values after everything they went through... its the boomers afterwards that where soft that listened to the lies of satan and wanted to liberate themselves from they duties and sexually FIRST… that as destroyed the family unit and society.  Everyones gone soft now and just cant be bothered or care about anything including themselves... let alone they familys… this is why we have soo many single parents which will create a further degeneracy of society