IGNORED

OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

Heb 13:8

9 hours ago, Butero said:

The scripture states that Abraham and Rahab were justified by works in addition to faith.  That is what it says, and you claimed I couldn't show that using scripture.  You were wrong!  

Nope. Not wrong. 

You cannot show me that  works to be saved is in the bible because the SPIRIT didnt inspire blasphemy!!

We are dead in our sins if we have a mindset that we can add to Christ propitiation! 

We are justified by faith alone. Our works is a result of 100% trust in God  leading us on straight path.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

11 hours ago, Butero said:

"I" couldn't care less about the stupid charges of pride or being puffed up by you or anyone else.  "I" am using the "I" because it shows that "I" proved "You" wrong!  "I" did not cement anything "you" said.  "I" proved that "you" are wrong!  Nothing I said was a personal attack, however "you" accusing me of being puffed up was a personal attack.  

There is a difference in personal attack and revukibg a person in error.

Debate the subject.

Collosians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, with what will you season it? Have salt among yourselves, and be at peace with one another."

Ephesians 4:29
Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building up the one in need and bringing grace to those who listen.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

HOW are , HOW is one justified ,   SOLEY BY FAITH .      DID I say SOLEY BY FAITH .    YES I DID .    its just if one says He or she has faith , yet has no evidence

of Christ within  , which would have good works .  THEN that FAITH is dead .   It aint real .  and it sure aint true faith .   ITS DEAD as the nail of a door , aka doornail.

And sadly I see many who holler JESUS but walk in darkness .    THESE KNOW HIM NOT .

I say again these know him not . OH they can holler WE LOVE GOD ,  WE are saved ,    But walking in darkness is proof they are not and do not know him .

The emergent cry We are justified by faith , we are saved by grace     ,   BUT BEHOLD their doctrine and work  , for they prove otherwise .

I used to say JESUS only saves ,   But I walked in darkness and did not know Him.

And if this scares folks , THEN GOOD .    Better start living RIGHT and FOLLOWING HIM , OBEYING HIM , obey HIM ,  HEED HIM to the end or expect to hear , I NEVER KNEW YA .

Cause some on this very site ,  holler we saved by grace ,  BUT I been a watching what they teach and its not showing no evidence they saved or KNOW HIM AT ALL.

I was about to say they know who they are  , BUT had I said that it would be a lie . FOR surely if they had that knowledge they were still in darkness , they would repent .

For only GOD can reveal .    We got some delusional times and its only goning to get worse .  How can a man say I LOVE HIM , YET WILLFULLY OMITS SOME OF JESUS OWN SAYINGS .

HOW .     THEY DONT .   And we better all learn well THAT . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Pray about it 777, works salvation will not save you. He will say I never knew you

Pray about it 13:8, once saved will not always save you. He will say to you, "I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work iniquity/practice lawlessness."

Yes, we are not saved by good works but once saved, bad works/fruits year-in-and-year-out will not keep us saved(GALATIAN.5:19-21, 1COR.6:9-11, REV.22:12-17). There is a limit to God's patience and mercy for mature Christians who go and sin willfully and unrepentantly, for whatever reason(HEB.10:26-31 & 6:1-8).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

JESUS done saved me , but if I continue not in HIM ,  will be cast out . 

No, you're working for your salvation. the work has already been done friend. Cast out not, Eph 1:13-14, Rom 8:33-39.

• Praise God! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

8 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

Pray about it 13:8, once saved will not always save you. He will say to you, "I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work iniquity/practice lawlessness."

Yes, we are not saved by good works but once saved, bad works/fruits year-in-and-year-out will not keep us saved(GALATIAN.5:19-21, 1COR.6:9-11, REV.22:12-17). There is a limit to God's patience and mercy for mature Christians who go and sin willfully and unrepentantly, for whatever reason(HEB.10:26-31 & 6:1-8).

Once saved already does save, because the work has already been done through His blood. Eph 1:13-14, Rom 8:33-39

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

The scripture states, "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, AND NOT BY FAITH ONLY."  It further states, "Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot JUSTIFIED BY WORKS, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?"  You either believe the Bible or you don't.  I was told by 1 Sheep that I couldn't provide scripture that says Abraham was justified by works.  This same passage in James 2:20-26,  "Was not Abraham our father JUSTIFIED BY WORKS, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?"  Again, you either believe the Bible or you do not.  

Which has nothing to do with losing salvation, it's referring to Godly righteousness which we only obtain through faith and belief.

• Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

I was refuting something 1 Sheep said.  I proved it was wrong.  The meaning is that true faith will bring about good works.  No works equals dead faith, as the Bible states that faith without works is dead.  

Right, it's simply stating a fact about faith. has nothing to do with our belief in Rom 10:9.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

God knows All, nothing is new to God. God knows the beginning from the end. He already knows all the decisions we will ever make, we just do not know.  God makes vessels of honor, or vessels of dishonor.  Jesus Christ has redeemed us (bought us for a price- His Life) (Saved us).  If one is redeemed, they have been Redeemed. One cannot become UN-redeemed.  Christs death took away the penalty of All Sin.  So now, Sin is not the primary issue, it is a relationship with Christ that matters.  Those who have been redeemed have a relationship with Christ; those not redeemed do not have a relationship with Christ.  Some may say they have a relationship with Christ, but Christ says they do not. These are those who are lost.

In Christ

Montana Marv

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Their works showed they really believed God.  It is easy to say you believe, but your actions show if you really do.  When Abraham offered his son, it showed everyone that he fully trusted God.  Had he not done that, it would have shown his faith was all lip service.  

Rom 10:9 is not a work, per Eph 2:8-9. It is also easy to accuse true believers of false testimonies

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1