• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Butero said:

Loss of salvation is a real possibility.  They need to know that.

No, quenching the spirit and loss of crowns and rewards is the possibility, 1 Thess 5:19. Do you believe he will do it.............

1 Thess 5:23-24 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

If a man continues not in CHRIST the savoir the one who is able to keep us from falling ,  They are cast out .

JESUS IS THE TREE , we are the branches .  If a man continues not in ME , he is cast out , cut off .

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THEY GOT SALVATION if they are no longer PART OF HE WHO DOES AND DID THE SAVING .    OH YES butero , IT IS POSSIBLE to lose it ALL. 

Right, the religious are cast out because they never had the root to begin with. either you're born again or not

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Right, the religious are cast out because they never had the root to begin with. either you're born again or not

You cant be a branch grafted into JESUS , unless one were born again .    CONTINUE IN HIM to the end .   Obey HIS SPIRIT , HE gives us all we need .

Very important we read the bible for ourselves , for the scrips make one wise unto salvation through our faith .

ITS only through our belief our faith we are even grafted in .  OH the wonderous work of GOD .

Now a reminder from paul .  BE LOOKING DILIGENTLY NOW ,  lest any man FAIL of the grace of GOD , lest any root of bitterness spring up

and thereby not few , but MANY be defiled.

Was that an allegory too .    Or perhaps we should twist that to fit OSAS like many do as the often wrest the scripture unto their own destruction .   BE diligent .

I will warn as the early ones and all who love our LORD have done through all generations . POINTING never to men , BUT TO CHRIST ALONE . 

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You cant be a branch grafted into JESUS , unless one were born again .    CONTINUE IN HIM to the end .   Obey HIS SPIRIT , HE gives us all we need .

Very important we read the bible for ourselves , for the scrips make one wise unto salvation through our faith .

ITS only through our belief our faith we are even grafted in .  OH the wonderous work of GOD .

Now a reminder from paul .  BE LOOKING DILIGENTLY NOW ,  lest any man FAIL of the grace of GOD , lest any root of bitterness spring up

and thereby not few , but MANY be defiled.

Was that an allegory too .    Or perhaps we should twist that to fit OSAS like many do as the often wrest the scripture unto their own destruction .   BE diligent .

I will warn as the early ones and all who love our LORD have done through all generations . POINTING never to men , BUT TO CHRIST ALONE . 

in which Rom 11 is also using allegory language, strike two friend

Just now, Cletus said:

And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

well,  you;ve been hearing Grace salvation for how long, what page are we on now 52? ?

1 minute ago, Butero said:

I can't handle that mess you call a Bible!  1 Thess 5:23,24  "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."  

By faith, he is believing God is able to answer this prayer.  Obviously, this isn't going to be the case for everyone who hears his words.  Some will not be preserved blameless.  If it was automatic, why the need for this prayer?  This is like me praying for a person who is sick, and saying, "I pray that God will heal your body totally and completely.  God is the great physician, and I believe he will do this for you."  I am claiming this by faith, but some will be healed and some will not.  Those of the elect will be preserved.  Those who are not will not be preserved.  

Mess? No, I would think that the finished work of the cross is simpler than the laundry list of things we have to do to stay saved

2 Cor 11:3-4 I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ. 4For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

What you are calling grace salvation is faith in a false doctrine called OSAS, not faith in Christ.  They are not the same thing.  

Well, I preach the finished work of the cross. Who died on the cross Butero?

6 hours ago, Butero said:

I can't show anyone anything when I present scripture that says faith without works is dead, and that Abraham and Rahab were justified by works in addition to faith, and they simply act like they don't exist.  

No. I didnt act as if they didnt exist. I demonstrated your error in reasoning. 

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

JESUS done saved me , but if I continue not in HIM ,  will be cast out .    OBEY HIS SPIRIT till the end .  IF any errs RESTORE THEM . 

It isnt possible to NOT continue in HIM if one is reborn again. 

Hebrews 12:2 

looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

18 minutes ago, Butero said:

What you are calling grace salvation is faith in a false doctrine called OSAS, not faith in Christ.  They are not the same thing.  

You purport a FALSE DOCTRINE! There is no more payment for those who are reaped in works to be saved. REPENT!

Hebrews 12:2 

looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.