Heb 13:8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I hope Newbies will check out his Masterpieces.....his commentaries about Romans and Galations are truly inspired .....much of his later stuff was less inspired ......I strongly oppose his errors.......but he got a lot of stuff RIGHT.......He rescued the lost message of Paul.....thanks to the abundance of Legalists we have today, thank God that He has sent wise teachers we can listen to to rediscover the lost Gospel of Grace.....Dr. Ralph “Yankee” Arnold is a great example.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

MATTHEW.12:33-37 (NKJV) A Tree Known by Its Fruit

33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. 34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Another one of my favorites. I am actually thinking about it when I read a lot of posts here.

3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Another one of my favorites. I am actually thinking about it when I read a lot of posts here.

Just for the Eternal Record......hear are my words—- NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD.....stoke up those fires!

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Just for the Eternal Record......hear are my words—- NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD.....stoke up those fires!

Yep. What I look for in posts is a level of respectfulness, an understanding (as opposed to cut and paste) of scripture, and a desire to learn as well as truly understand what other posters are actually trying to communicate. 

I'm impressed with those who try to reason with others and are respectful of others without showing a lot of anger or judgementalism. 

I can't really fault someone for disagreeing with my on my interpretation of scripture and sincerely like it when they call out exactly WHY my position is faulty. But it has to be a compelling argument, as opposed to either overt or covert ad-hominem, pointing out a red herring or constructing a straw man.

• Thumbs Up 1

I usually ignore all the “ cut and paste” stuff......i am pretty familiar with a lot of Scripture and Satan can quote SCRIPTURE to serve his purposes.We often times have different takes on the same verses.Tell us what your take is and why so we can compare and learn . Somebody has to be right- somebody has to be wrong.Lets debate it and let Newbies make their choice.May God grant us patience and wisdom in this process.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

No. Just for the Eternal Record......hear are the OSASers' and your actual words—- NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD PLUS WILLFUL DIRTY/UNCLEAN SINS ONCE SAVED.

Didn't you just extol Martin Luther's errors to "Sin Boldly".?

Yes, stoke up those fires for those sinning and misguided OSASers who do not repent! .......

JOHN.15:1-5 (NKJV) The True Vine

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He [a]takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you,you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

50 minutes ago, Still Alive said:
1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Yep. What I look for in posts is a level of respectfulness, an understanding (as opposed to cut and paste) of scripture, and a desire to learn as well as truly understand what other posters are actually trying to communicate. 

I'm impressed with those who try to reason with others and are respectful of others without showing a lot of anger or judgementalism. 

I can't really fault someone for disagreeing with my on my interpretation of scripture and sincerely like it when they call out exactly WHY my position is faulty. But it has to be a compelling argument, as opposed to either overt or covert ad-hominem, pointing out a red herring or constructing a straw man.

Fyi, God loves the do-gooders, blameless, morally upright, those who fear Him and shun evil(JOB.1:8), and repentant sinners/evildoers(eg Paul and King David) but hates unrepentant and willful sinners/evildoers/Law-breakers. So do I. Don't you.?

It is a fearful thing for unrepentant and willful sinners to fall into the hands of God, especially mature Christians who fall away from the faith(HEBREWS.10:26-31 & 6:1-8). .......

PROVERBS.6:16-19 (NKJV) = 16 These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.

HOSEA.9:15-17 Judgment of Israel’s Sin

15 “All their wickedness is in Gilgal, For there I hated them.
Because of the evil of their deeds I will drive them from My house; I will love them no more. All their princes are rebellious.
16 Ephraim is stricken, Their root is dried up; They shall bear no fruit.
Yes, were they to bear children, I would kill the darlings of their womb.”

17 My God will cast them away, Because they did not obey Him; And they shall be wanderers among the nations.

ROMANS.9:13 =  13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, discipler777 said:

JOHN.15:1-8 (NKJV) The True Vine

1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you,you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

JOHN.14:21-24 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

Just to add: Who is greater.

John 10:28b,29 - Jesus speaking. Who can snatch them out of my hand, who can snatch them out of the Father's hand.  In essence No One Can.  Thus if Jesus Christ has redeemed an individual, he is redeemed and no one, not even the individual himself cannot UN-redeem himself.  The problem is not everyone who says Lord, Lord is redeemed, only lip service.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Just to add: Who is greater.

John 10:28b,29 - Jesus speaking. Who can snatch them out of my hand, who can snatch them out of the Father's hand.  In essence No One Can.  Thus if Jesus Christ has redeemed an individual, he is redeemed and no one, not even the individual himself cannot UN-redeem himself.  The problem is not everyone who says Lord, Lord is redeemed, only lip service.

In Christ

Montana Marv

This thread could continue for 500 pages. If those whose oppose osas dont see now ,nothing we say will make a difference. This is all non productive. They cant understand clear concise explanations. Scripture should illuminate a "saints "mind.

The opposers do not grasp that 'none' can be lost again if 'truly reborn again'. Those that oppose osas  have zero faith in our Lord and Savior. That is what it all boils down to. They are dependent on their fleshy works as if Christ needs any help with our salvation! I fear for their eternal state. Your last sentence wraps it up. 

We cannot please the Lord without the faith of a child. Those that oppose osas have no measure of REAL FAITH. They have lip service. I think it is blasphemy to speak against   faith alone in grace alone in Christ alone ! 

May God be merciful to those that scoff at grace

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I usually ignore all the “ cut and paste” stuff......i am pretty familiar with a lot of Scripture and Satan can quote SCRIPTURE to serve his purposes.We often times have different takes on the same verses.Tell us what your take is and why so we can compare and learn . Somebody has to be right- somebody has to be wrong.Lets debate it and let Newbies make their choice.May God grant us patience and wisdom in this process.

@Montana Marv

We are now on Page 60 of this thread = after about 600 posts. All the Scripture you quoted have already been debunked on this thread, eg your quote of JOHN.10:28-29 to prove OSAS ... actually only applied to the 11 Apostles of Jesus Christ and not to every ordinary Christians after them, as per JOHN.17:12. For the "special" 11 Apostles, once saved, no one could pluck them out of God's hands except for the lost son of perdition/hell(= Judas Iscariot). This did not/does not apply to every ordinary Christians except for the elected of God as per His Word, eg MATTHEW.7:15-23 = how to know false prophets/teachers/Christians from true prophets/teachers/Christians, ie by their fruits/works/words. Who does God/Jesus love and ensure that no one pluck them out of His hands.?(cf JOHN.14:21-24)

You ignore anti-OSAS Scripture like how most OSASers and yourself have also ignored the Old Testament Law of God. 

As per MATTHEW.4:1-11, Satan doesn't just quote Scripture - he misquote, falsely interpret and interpret out of context the Scripture and when these dirty tactics fail, he then makes tempting offers to secure allegiance and worship. 1JOHN.3:8 says that those who sin or do evil or break the commandments are of the devil = their take on the Scripture is the same as Satan's. Only God is right wrt His Word or Scripture or Bible. The man of God is to base his understanding and debates on the Scripture or Word of God(2TIMOTHY.3:16-17) or on what is right in the eyes of God and not on what is right in his/her own eyes or his/her own fancies(DEUT.12:8 & 13:18), eg a 66 y o Christian man who fancies being a chick-magnet in his own eyes.

Edited by discipler777