• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

can I just asked a possibly stupid question?

Could the definition of Salvation be seen to have change after Jesus death? just wondering if the confusion is in that part.

Wingnut seen what  I seen .    IF one believes from the heart in Christ they have the SPIRIT .    From this day foreward let us all

continue to follow HIM .   Doing everything the early church reminded to do .    Let he who names the name of Christ depart from inquity .

Let us remind as early church did .  If paul, peter , james and others warned and reminded to be HOLY , then we must do the same .

IF they took extreme caution to warn the church , beware lest you being led away with the error of the wicked fall from your own steadfastness,  LET US do the same reminding .

If paul said exhort daily , lest any does become hardened through sin .  THEN let us DO the same .

We are saved soley by grace .  So remind this constantly too.

Remind that we must obey the SPIRIT and not the flesh .   They did this too .

IF peter felt it necessary to talk about how one can have been washed clean and then return to the pit and be overcome .  THEN let us remind too.

If the early church exhorted and spoke of the promises FOUND ONLY in CHRIST ,   THEN let us do the same .

If GOD warned those churches repent or else ,   THEN let us do the same .

And let us point to and remind of the POWER of CHRIST ,  the grace of GOD which gives us all we need in Christ and can keep us from falling .

THUS let us remind daily , FOLLOW the SPIRIT and not the flesh .

Let us remind of what a wonderful day it will be ON HIS day for all who were HIS and followed Him faithful to the end .

Their is good reason the early church corrected very quickly .

And let us remember the words of paul , who though HE KNEW we are saved by , kept by THE GRACE of GOD given us in Christ

was sure to say and remind ,    BE looking diligently lest any man FAIL of the grace of GOD , unless any root of bitterness DO spring up and thereby many be defiled .

Their is good reason that the church always be stirred up and reminded , and Good reason we ought to behold BOTH the goodness and severity of GOD .

So let us all start fresh and do all to remind and stir one another up .   For if a man continues not in Christ , If he takes off from heeding the SPIRIT

and obeys the lusts of the flesh , THEIR IS NOTHING GOOD for them.    And if one does err from the truth , let all do all things by the SPIRIT to restore such a one fast

WE must keep the pattern and reminders on our minds , fresh and daily .   

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

You mean when anti-OSASers read into that text that one can wrest themselves out of God’s hands? LOL

John 10:28-29 NKJV
[28] And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. [29] My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

Is God making them his prisoner?  Of course they can walk out of his hand.  

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Reference please.

All manner of sin will be forgiven man except willful sin? Christ died for all our sins except the willful ones? 

Mark 3:28 NKJV
[28] "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter;

They will be if you repent.

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My God, who desires none should perish is not that weak. As a Good Shepherd, He knows how to discipline and keep his own to that Day.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
(Php 1:6)

That is speaking of the elect, and only God knows who they are.  That is why we must make our calling and election sure.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I was looking for Scriptural backup of this statement of yours...

"All manner of sin will be forgiven man except willful sin?", in light of the Scriptural backup I gave you.

We have discussed that passage in Romans 10 throughout this thread.   I thought you knew.  

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

When you start up with personal accusations like this, it is time for me to go.

OBTW I reported it.

What personal accusation?  If that is an attack, so is what you said, and I reported you too.  

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

To deny OSAS (assuming one is truly regenerate) is to deny the sufficiently of God’s power and truthfulness to save to the uttermost those who come to Him solely through Jesus Christ and Him crucified. It turns one’s gaze from Jesus ability and faithfulness to one’s own abilities and one’s own faithfulness.

This is an accusation, saying those who reject OSAS deny God's power and call God a liar.  You accused us of trying to save ourselves.  I just pointed it out, and now I reported it.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Cheese for sale .     Man if I sold cheese I could fund many .     Yall quite whining and reporting posts . 

ARMOUR UP .    I KNOW I AM SAVED .   So let us continue in Christ by the power of Grace , faithful to the end ,  or you will be told I never knew you .

All this reporting is doing ,   is going to make it impossible in the days ahead to correct anyone .

A scourge is coming ,  and folks will be banned .    OH well, ban me ,  but I wont be mean to anyone , AND I SURE WONT cease on my warnings .

SO let all be encouraged .   Understand rome will be warned out against and any unity with her .

And invest n lots of cheese .   Cause I imagine by all the warning I am about to start doing , coupled with much encouragement ,  their will be lots of whine   .

Have a great day now .     And let all raise those hands and praise the LORD . 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Cheese for sale .     Man if I sold cheese I could fund many .     Yall quite whining and reporting posts . 

ARMOUR UP .    I KNOW I AM SAVED .   So let us continue in Christ by the power of Grace , faithful to the end ,  or you will be told I never knew you .

All this reporting is doing ,   is going to make it impossible in the days ahead to correct anyone .

A scourge is coming ,  and folks will be banned .    OH well, ban me ,  but I wont be mean to anyone , AND I SURE WONT cease on my warnings .

SO let all be encouraged .   Understand rome will be warned out against and any unity with her .

And invest n lots of cheese .   Cause I imagine by all the warning I am about to start doing , coupled with much encouragement ,  their will be lots of whine   .

Have a great day now .     And let all raise those hands and praise the LORD . 

There is a reason this debate has not changed for hundreds of years, and we are seeing it displayed in this thread just as we have in all the other threads on the subject.  No one is going to get banned though, possibly removed from the thread, but fear not!  Another one will arise from the ashes and we will start over again with the same result!  The question is why the result will be the same, and the answer is not all that complicated.

One side of the argument reverts to the accusation that if not OSAS, then the individual must be of the mindset they save themselves, nullifying the work of Christ.  The other side, will revert to the accusation that if OSAS, then you promote willful sinning with unabashed shame.   Of course in either case, there are never any statements made to support either claim, so round and round we go.

Cheese is nice if you have some crackers to go with it, but a bag of popcorn also goes hand in hand with a good show.  ;) 

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

There is a reason this debate has not changed for hundreds of years, and we are seeing it displayed in this thread just as we have in all the other threads on the subject.  No one is going to get banned though, possibly removed from the thread, but fear not!  Another one will arise from the ashes and we will start over again with the same result!  The question is why the result will be the same, and the answer is not all that complicated.

One side of the argument reverts to the accusation that if not OSAS, then the individual must be of the mindset they save themselves, nullifying the work of Christ.  The other side, will revert to the accusation that if OSAS, then you promote willful sinning with unabashed shame.   Of course in either case, there are never any statements made to support either claim, so round and round we go.

Cheese is nice if you have some crackers to go with it, but a bag of popcorn also goes hand in hand with a good show.  ;) 

God bless

Is it possible to have this debate without the accusations from either side and let the doctrinal chips fall where they may?