• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Soul sleep has the grave separating us from God.  The Bible doesn't say we can't separate ourselves.  

Ok, so did Paul contradict himself or was he simply stating that he would rather skip the grave part and go straight to resurrection.

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Butero said:

When you put it that way, I don't disagree with you.  Only God knows who the elect are.

What many fail to comprehend is, who God is. Jesus said; Before Abraham was, I AM.  Eternity past is present tense time to God, From Creation, it is present tense time with God. In our future, it is present tense time to God.  Because of God's Foreknowledge, He, God already knows our Free Will Decision. Thus the Election of a soul is complete, whether good or bad. The only election that we can be sure of is Our Election.  We think we may know how others have gone.  That dirty wretched person, maybe well be ahead of us with crowns in the Kingdom.  That beautiful blessed lady maybe least in the Kingdom.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I consider myself saved in Christ in God. I believe that is infinite. Regardless, I  am. Saved!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Butero said:

I do not take them at their word about the number of verses that supposedly prove OSAS or the number of laws.  Nobody should, unless they back that up and tell us what they are.  And yes, there is no such thing as a legalist in the Bible.  The word Judaizer is not in the Bible either.  Legalist is a phony sin made up by lawless individuals so nobody will mention their sins.  If it was a sin, Jesus and all those he used to write the New Testament would be legalists.  Unless you can show me the actual 400 verses and the 600 plus laws that you assume exist, I am challenging it.  

Challenge all you like .....people can think whatever they like.....wise readers will know I am not lying about these things.....I’ve done my research—- now you do yours.The 613 Laws are common knowledge and the verses Ruckman vouched for about OSAS you are free to believe or dismiss.I disagree with many of your preachers , but I will credit them for not being liars.Ruckman is not a lying man of God.

I am not here to change the minds of anyone.I am here to point out to Newbies that Christianity is the opposite of religion, saying anything beyond “ Jesus Saves” such as “ Jesus Saves B U T ......” is adding to the simple Gospel of Grace,resting in the finished work of the Cross is what God wants for His Children and Salvation can not be lost because of John3:16 and 399 other clear verses, give or take a verse or two .I just put the Truth of the Gospel out there. Those with “ eyes  to see” will get it . Others won’t.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for salvation.Obedience to all of God’s Laws are great.Wise Believers will be like me.....no desire to sin, I would not commit a willfull sin if you put a gun to my head and if I did I would automatically, immediately repent of it . All of these things are pleasing to God and make my Christian testimony more valid, they just don’t save or keep you saved— faith in the Shed Blood and that ONLY accomplished that. Stll stuck in this body of flesh ,

I will mess up as God works in my heart to transform me into the image of His Son. God will chastise me as He sees fit, and His Grace is sufficient to get me HOME. That word “ grace” ?   You never see it mentioned by modern- day Judaizers.I find that odd.  “By GRACE you are saved......” Grace saved everybody that was ever saved and they know nothing about it. They don’t trust it and they are scared of it. Grace is “ unmerited favor”. We do not deserve it . We can’t earn it. “ Lucky Repentance” trumps Grace according to some....of course they would never admit it, but their actions speak so loudly I can’t hear what they say.God bless .

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Ok, so did Paul contradict himself or was he simply stating that he would rather skip the grave part and go straight to resurrection.

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Absent from the body means that his soul would go straight to heaven when he died.  It was better for him to be absent from a body that was sleeping in the grave, and to be present with the Lord, than to continue to deal with the trials and tribulations in this life.  

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

What many fail to comprehend is, who God is. Jesus said; Before Abraham was, I AM.  Eternity past is present tense time to God, From Creation, it is present tense time with God. In our future, it is present tense time to God.  Because of God's Foreknowledge, He, God already knows our Free Will Decision. Thus the Election of a soul is complete, whether good or bad. The only election that we can be sure of is Our Election.  We think we may know how others have gone.  That dirty wretched person, maybe well be ahead of us with crowns in the Kingdom.  That beautiful blessed lady maybe least in the Kingdom.

In Christ

Montana Marv

God does have that foreknowledge, so he does know the decisions we will make.  He knows who the elect are, as he created us knowing all we would ever do.  The elect are those who get saved and endure till the end, not those who get saved and fall away and never return.  

22 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Challenge all you like .....people can think whatever they like.....wise readers will know I am not lying about these things.....I’ve done my research—- now you do yours.The 613 Laws are common knowledge and the verses Ruckman vouched for about OSAS you are free to believe or dismiss.I disagree with many of your preachers , but I will credit them for not being liars.Ruckman is not a lying man of God.

I am not here to change the minds of anyone.I am here to point out to Newbies that Christianity is the opposite of religion, saying anything beyond “ Jesus Saves” such as “ Jesus Saves B U T ......” is adding to the simple Gospel of Grace,resting in the finished work of the Cross is what God wants for His Children and Salvation can not be lost because of John3:16 and 399 other clear verses, give or take a verse or two .I just put the Truth of the Gospel out there. Those with “ eyes  to see” will get it . Others won’t.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for salvation.Obedience to all of God’s Laws are great.Wise Believers will be like me.....no desire to sin, I would not commit a willfull sin if you put a gun to my head and if I did I would automatically, immediately repent of it . All of these things are pleasing to God and make my Christian testimony more valid, they just don’t save or keep you saved— faith in the Shed Blood and that ONLY accomplished that. Stll stuck in this body of flesh ,

I will mess up as God works in my heart to transform me into the image of His Son. God will chastise me as He sees fit, and His Grace is sufficient to get me HOME. That word “ grace” ?   You never see it mentioned by modern- day Judaizers.I find that odd.  “By GRACE you are saved......” Grace saved everybody that was ever saved and they know nothing about it. They don’t trust it and they are scared of it. Grace is “ unmerited favor”. We do not deserve it . We can’t earn it. “ Lucky Repentance” trumps Grace according to some....of course they would never admit it, but their actions speak so loudly I can’t hear what they say.God bless .

You have done your research?  Do you mean by research, you read the 400 verses, and counted them?  Do you mean you know the 613 laws and counted them?  Unless you did that, you have no way of knowing any of that is true.  Not only that, but what are the chances of an even number like 400?  This is the kind of thing easily made up.  I don't believe it for one second, and no, it is not common knowledge.  

4 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I believe it is, if people can set emotion aside and simply discuss the relevant scripture.  In my opinion, the best place to start is the matter of whether one can walk away from God or not.  I think we all can agree that God will not walk away from us, and as support for this we simply look to what Jesus said on the subject, I will never leave you nor forsake you.  So that begs the question, can a person walk away from Him?  This is really the heart of the debate that needs to be addressed, scripturally.

God bless

“....... neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the FUTURE.......nor ANYTHING ELSE in ALL creation will be able to separate us........”

Modern day Judaizers weasel out of these  Verses by saying Jesus won’t let go of us, but we can let go of Him. If a person is saved, held secure in the Hand Of Christ, firmly in His grip when he was first saved..... if that person changed his mind and tried to leave Christ’s Hand, that would be a FUTURE event......covered. “ANYTHING ELSE in CREATION would cover that also......a child could see it

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“....... neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the FUTURE.......nor ANYTHING ELSE in ALL creation will be able to separate us........”

Modern day Judaizers weasel out of these  Verses by saying Jesus won’t let go of us, but we can let go of Him. If a person is saved, held secure in the Hand Of Christ, firmly in His grip when he was first saved..... if that person changed his mind and tried to leave Christ’s Hand, that would be a FUTURE event......covered. “ANYTHING ELSE in CREATION would cover that also......a child could see it

A child perhaps, but not someone who has spent any amount of time studying scripture.  You don't know what a Judaizer is.  I have heard you use that to describe someone standing up for New Testament doctrine, which the Jews didn't teach.  If what you are saying here is true, you are telling us all that when you get saved, God won't let you choose to leave him.  You can't renounce your salvation.  You can't lose salvation by speaking against the Holy Spirit.  You can't lose salvation doing things Paul said will keep you from inheriting the Kingdom of Heaven.  That means God makes people a prisoner, and Hebrews13:8, said that if God made someone remains saved, he would be a sinner himself.  You didn't say that, but a man you lifted up did.  That also means that Paul and Jesus said things that were not true.  

13 hours ago, discipler777 said:

A “ dead work” is any work done to GET Salvation or to KEEP Salvation.Doing a good work this side of Salvation in order to build up treasure in Heaven is what we concentrate on.