IGNORED

OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

Heb 13:8

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A “ dead work” is any work done to GET Salvation or to KEEP Salvation.Doing a good work this side of Salvation in order to build up treasure in Heaven is what we concentrate on.

And dead faith is the kind of faith that doesn't produce good works.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, discipler777 said:

I think the Parable of the Lost (or Prodigal) Son at LUKE.15:11-32 is actually about the relationship between God the Father and the Law-breaking Gentiles(= prodigal son) versus the Law-keeping Jews(= loyal son).

Formerly Law-breaking or prodigal Gentiles who were lost in prodigiousness or sins and then came back to God as new Gentile Christians were like the lost/prodigal son being welcomed back by his rich father as his son and not as a servant. The other jealous but loyal son was symbolic of the Law-keeping Jews who had remained with God the Father and later became new Jewish Christians. But many jealous Jews refused to accept Jesus as the Christ/Messiah even until today.

The Parable of the Wedding Feast at MATTHEW.22:1 also has the same symbolism about Jews vs Gentiles.

Please connect me with ONE person on this planet that shares your views .....just ONE.How did you come to your exclusive views on this Gentile/ formal Gentile mush?I have listened to hundreds of preachers over the years and NEVER have I heard your unique take.Why did all the great preachers of the past miss this?Do you have a private pipe- line to God that you would be willing to share?

6 hours ago, Butero said:

They will be if you repent.

Pray that one does not have a sudden heart attack before he gets the chance to repent .If the sinner is LUCKY , He will get the time .If something grabbed his attention away before he repented he was UNLUCKY and is bound for Hell....., hence the term  “Lucky Repentance” . You invented it, you preach it...... you need to OWN it.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

Here is something I want you all to think about for a moment.  There are a lot of people here that seem to have this negative view of any God-given standards, and consider the mere mention of them to be legalism.  They will use verses out of context to show this, like this familiar passage from Romans 14:2-6

For one believeth that he may eat all things:  another, who is weak, eatheth herbs.  Let not him that eateth despise him which eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth:  for God hath received him.  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth.  Yea, he shall be holden up:  for God is able to make him stand.  One man esteemeth one day above another:  another esteemeth every day alike.  Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.  He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eatheth not, and giveth God thanks.  

Notice the kind of laws Paul is speaking of.  They are laws of separation.  They are laws to show the Jews a separate people from the unbelieving and idol worshipping gentile nations.  They no longer apply because the gospel was taken to the gentiles and many believed, so that which was common and unclean is not anymore.  Let's take this same passage in light of the way people take it out of context and insert other sins.  How about, "One believeth he may lay carnally with his neighbor's wife, another, who is weak only has sexual relations with his own wife."  Doesn't work so good does it?  How about, "One believeth that he may steal, another, who is weak only makes due with what is rightfully his."  That is because these laws that no longer apply are all dealing with laws of separation, not God's standard of holiness.  Notice what Paul says here...

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?  Be not deceived:  neither fornicators, idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

We have people in this thread testifying for all the world to see that they are filthy sinners, and this passage says the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God.  Who do we believe?  Then there is the matter of speaking against the Holy Ghost.  Unless you are a mute, this is possible.  What does Jesus say?

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:  but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."  Matthew 12:32  

Who are we to believe?  The OSAS crowd that says you can do nothing to lose salvation, or Jesus that says you will never have forgiveness if you speak a word against the Holy Ghost?  Are we to believe the OSAS crowd that says the unpardonable sin is unbelief, or Jesus that says the unpardonable sin is speaking a word against the Holy Ghost?  

6 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Pray that one does not have a sudden heart attack before he gets the chance to repent .If the sinner is LUCKY , He will get the time .If something grabbed his attention away before he repented he was UNLUCKY and is bound for Hell....., hence the term  “Lucky Repentance” . You invented it, you preach it...... you need to OWN it.

I am glad you understand the seriousness of willful sins!  Yes!  If you commit willful sins, you may not get that chance to repent, so do not commit them!  Thank you brother for that warning, and I hope others will take it to heart!  

While we are at it, let me expand on this.  For those who are putting off getting saved, if you have a sudden heart attack before you get a chance to later, you might wind up in hell.  Don't take a chance on lucky salvation.  Get saved now.  Today is the day of salvation.  Now is the acceptable time.  

6 hours ago, Butero said:

You have definitely learned the spin many use to defend OSAS by bringing accusations against those who don't.  If they don't accept it, they are said to  be prideful, saving themselves, denying the finished work of the cross, putting Jesus back on the cross, and other scare tactics and propaganda.  

I dont know about all of that stuff.....here is what I accuse you of—— adding to the Gospel of 1cor15:1-4 with your doctrine “ Jesus Saves, BUT only I’d your repentance slate is clean.Simple as that .One is saved by Grace alone , with faith alone , through Christ alone.Works cancels Grace and Grace was the very thing that saved you.Why would anyone want to do that?

8 minutes ago, Cletus said:

I think George removed him from this thread so dont hold your breath.... 

Yes, and someone that called him the anti-Christ is still here.  Go figure!  

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

When I referred to myself as 66 year old chick magnet is was pointing out the  A B S U R D I T Y of that !, GOOD GRIEF, man ,do you have to EVERYTHING spelled out for you? Sometimes people use irony and absurdity to make a point.You misunderstand a LOT.You should really not be engaging in debates.Some people are very shallow in their thinking.It explains a lot......speaking of “ explaining”, don’t forget to check out on You Tube — Ralph “ YANKEE “ Arnold— be forewarned: he sometimes uses irony trying to make a point

Here is another personal attack.  It is completely unnecessary.  

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

really I didnt see that... was it reported?

I reported it.  That 777 on his name was changed to 666.  

5 hours ago, wingnut- said:

There is a reason this debate has not changed for hundreds of years, and we are seeing it displayed in this thread just as we have in all the other threads on the subject.  No one is going to get banned though, possibly removed from the thread, but fear not!  Another one will arise from the ashes and we will start over again with the same result!  The question is why the result will be the same, and the answer is not all that complicated.

One side of the argument reverts to the accusation that if not OSAS, then the individual must be of the mindset they save themselves, nullifying the work of Christ.  The other side, will revert to the accusation that if OSAS, then you promote willful sinning with unabashed shame.   Of course in either case, there are never any statements made to support either claim, so round and round we go.

Cheese is nice if you have some crackers to go with it, but a bag of popcorn also goes hand in hand with a good show.  ;) 

God bless

“ never any statements to support either claim” huh? I may disagree with the man I am debating, but Butero does his best to support his claim, as do I.That is why I don’t care if this thread goes on forever..... newbies deserve to see both side of this ages- Old argument and make their own minds up.In time, the audience will see that Butero is wrong about everything he ever thought about and of course, BB knows everything and has known everything since his youth.......that last line was a little exaggerated, perhaps.....lol. Wait a minute....I have been burned by such statements in the past , so let me make it clear.....THAT LAST LINE WAS A JOKE !!