• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Free will be taken or not given to a person.

To fulfill Prophecy.  The beast and false Prophet of Rev 13 and Rev 19:20.  Special people for a special time.  King Herod the Great, Some Roman Emperors like Nero, Jewish king Jeconiah (Jehoiachin).  If evil was needed to fulfill Prophecy, that individual was specific for that role, an unjust vessel of dishonor. Unjust nations can even be used to punish others.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Thanks for indulging me brother, it appears we share the same thoughts on the matter.

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

47 minutes ago, Behold said:

God ither made people with Free Will or He didnt.

So, if he didnt, as your "predestined elect" theology maintains..... then He can't hold people accountable for "rejecting Christ", as they would not be able to do it....as "rejecting" is a facility of FREE WILL CHOICE, ...YET... according to you, God made predestined zombie robots, who have no free will ...... and some of them He chose for Heaven and some He created to be burned for eternity, just because He can.....

So, Your God is one cruel creator, and im so Glad the Father of Jesus and the born again, is nothing like this, at all..

That is your theology,  and its not something that you should be telling other believers.

Let me try again.

Your theology, that you just stated in the "QUOTE".........is...."God decided that He will cause some to God to hell, only because He is God and can choose this for them, and they are just unfortunate to be born.......thats life".

Romans 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! 15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” 20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

1 hour ago, Behold said:

God ither made people with Free Will or He didnt.

So, if he didnt, as your "predestined elect" theology maintains..... then He can't hold people accountable for "rejecting Christ", as they would not be able to do it....as "rejecting" is a facility of FREE WILL CHOICE, ...YET... according to you, God made predestined zombie robots, who have no free will ...... and some of them He chose for Heaven and some He created to be burned for eternity, just because He can.....

So, Your God is one cruel creator, and im so Glad the Father of Jesus and the born again, is nothing like this, at all..

That is your theology,  and its not something that you should be telling other believers.

Let me try again.

Your theology, that you just stated in the "QUOTE".........is...."God decided that He will cause some to God to hell, only because He is God and can choose this for them, and they are just unfortunate to be born.......thats life".

God creates us knowing who will be saved and who will be lost knowing all we will ever do.  Do you deny that?  Your doctrine is nothing but taking what you like about Calvinism and perverting it to place you in control of whether to get saved or lost, and then you become his prisoner.  You could murder people, commit adultery, steal, anything, and remain saved, while someone like Mother Theresa rots in hell.  If you call my doctrine cruel, yours is no better.  

14 minutes ago, Cletus said:

while I believe the scriptures you have posted this scripture always causes me to scratch my head in regards to this:

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

now obviously not all will come to repentance.  but because of this one scripture it causes me to think there is a reason why He hardens those He hardens.... what are your thoughts concerning this scripture in the light that God Does indeed do as He wills with individuals?

this isnt something i claim to know btw, and even at times am not wanting to speak my mind fully on because of how great God is.  i am just curious as to where you fit this scripture into the equation. 

God's ways are not our ways.  They are much higher, and we can't judge God's actions by what seems fair and right to us.  Anyone can use spin like Behold did.  I can turn it all around on him like I did and more so, but what does that accomplish?  I have his version of God looking more cruel than he has mine?  That is where this is heading if we continue this kind of worthless dialogue.  

I too would like Wingnut's response to your question.

Edited by Butero

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

This one has ran its course.

• This is Worthy 1