IGNORED

Yoga worship

Some advice please. How do i help someone who worships a yoga entity? This supposedly brings peace. 

Thing is this person has become increasingly argumentative and their life is continually in turmoil. Yet he will not consider Christ. Nobody can speak to this person any longer as he is verbally aggressive. 

The peace he seeks through yoga and various spiritual paths appears to be missing. I am seriously worried for his mental health. 

I can see very well what is happening. I need advice on what to do please. The right words to Jesus Christ to free this person. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Some advice please. How do i help someone who worships a yoga entity? This supposedly brings peace. 

Thing is this person has become increasingly argumentative and their life is continually in turmoil. Yet he will not consider Christ. Nobody can speak to this person any longer as he is verbally aggressive. 

The peace he seeks through yoga and various spiritual paths appears to be missing. I am seriously worried for his mental health. 

I can see very well what is happening. I need advice on what to do please. The right words to Jesus Christ to free this person. 

Since he is verbally agressive, I would pray for the Lord to help him to find release from this deception or evil spirit....also pray for an opportunity to speak even brief words to him of the peace Christ promises to us.   Perhaps the words of Jesus in John 14:27....Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you.

Plant some Scripture brief as it may be and pray the Holy Spirit works in his heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

“Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible this person ever reads.”

1 Tim: 4:12  Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Pray.......

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Do right and leave the results with God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

The great commission tells us to spread the gospel. Since each of us only has two feet and 24 hours in any given day, we need to manage how we spread the Gospel. 

My solution is is to invoke Matthew 10:14. Why spend days, months, weeks focusing on an individual that, in pretty much every way, has said "leave me alone". 

I see the human race as divided into three groups:

Sheep and Goats, the sheep being two groups - found sheep and lost sheep. And when presenting the gospel I don't know if I'm dealing with a goat or a lost sheep. So I share and let God sort it out. If they are not interested in the message, I move on to the next one. Again, I'm doing this in the spirit of Matthew 10:14. Every minute you spend brow beating a person that is not interested is time you could spend bringing in another lost sheep - or ten. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

One other thing: I once knew a woman who worked in an office where she (call her woman A) and another woman (Call her woman B) were Christians, and a third woman (call her woman C) was not. C knew that A and B were both Christians.

So, B was constantly trying to share the gospel with C and basically really ticking her off about it. She was constantly inviting her to church and all sorts of stuff. C simply wanted to be left alone. 

A made it clear she was a Christian and tried to show it through her actions, love and forgiveness regarding various issues with the office and life in general. She mentioned God in her life from time to time with C, but only as her God and Creator and other "seemingly peripheral" things. You know, the "he's always with me" sort of stuff that covers pretty much everything.

Then one day, C had a tragedy in her life. Who did she go to for advice on God? Woman A.

I see Christianity and Religion as two separate things. Christianity is from God. Religion is man made. I think a lot of us get so caught up in our religion that we put Christianity in the back seat. Christianity is not about going to church on sunday, singing in the Choir, Standing on the corner shouting "Jesus saves" and trying to brow beat people into coming to your church. It's about sharing the good news and reflecting that in your life. It's akin to the glory on Moses face, but we don't cover it.

I believe that simply BEING a follower of Christ is the best thing you can do to bring others to Christ. They sense it and ask questions when they don't fear you trying to shame them into  not drinking a beer, or into going to your church. Christianity is a deeply personal thing and at its core is all - ALL - about relationships. Your relationship with God and your relationship with your fellow man.

And another thing: Yoga is like a gun. It is not evil in and of itself. It is all about how you use it and what it means to you. Some of the physical exercises are excellent. Some of the mental stuff is terrible. So, you can do the physical exercise and just not call it Yoga and you're good. And instead of "clearing your mind", meditate on the Lord.

Christian meditation is not emptying your mind. It's the opposite. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

One other thing: I once knew a woman who worked in an office where she (call her woman A) and another woman (Call her woman B) were Christians, and a third woman (call her woman C) was not. C knew that A and B were both Christians.

So, B was constantly trying to share the gospel with C and basically really ticking her off about it. She was constantly inviting her to church and all sorts of stuff. C simply wanted to be left alone. 

A made it clear she was a Christian and tried to show it through her actions, love and forgiveness regarding various issues with the office and life in general. She mentioned God in her life from time to time with C, but only as her God and Creator and other "seemingly peripheral" things. You know, the "he's always with me" sort of stuff that covers pretty much everything.

Then one day, C had a tragedy in her life. Who did she go to for advice on God? Woman A.

I see Christianity and Religion as two separate things. Christianity is from God. Religion is man made. I think a lot of us get so caught up in our religion that we put Christianity in the back seat. Christianity is not about going to church on sunday, singing in the Choir, Standing on the corner shouting "Jesus saves" and trying to brow beat people into coming to your church. It's about sharing the good news and reflecting that in your life. It's akin to the glory on Moses face, but we don't cover it.

I believe that simply BEING a follower of Christ is the best thing you can do to bring others to Christ. They sense it and ask questions when they don't fear you trying to shame them into  not drinking a beer, or into going to your church. Christianity is a deeply personal thing and at its core is all - ALL - about relationships. Your relationship with God and your relationship with your fellow man.

And another thing: Yoga is like a gun. It is not evil in and of itself. It is all about how you use it and what it means to you. Some of the physical exercises are excellent. Some of the mental stuff is terrible. So, you can do the physical exercise and just not call it Yoga and you're good. And instead of "clearing your mind", meditate on the Lord.

Christian meditation is not emptying your mind. It's the opposite. 

A very wise post and i understand. However, he is putting his faith in yoga writings and philosphies. Therefore he is allowing himself to ne mislead. I do believe such channels are used by the dark spirits of satan. To ensnare and lwad people away. They head toward darkness away far from Jesus and safety. Hos life is filled with unhappiness, he flares up at Every one.  Yoga does not bring him serenity! Only negativity.  I therefore pray for him. For release and protection in Jesus Christ. 

6 hours ago, Debp said:

Since he is verbally agressive, I would pray for the Lord to help him to find release from this deception or evil spirit....also pray for an opportunity to speak even brief words to him of the peace Christ promises to us.   Perhaps the words of Jesus in John 14:27....Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you.

Plant some Scripture brief as it may be and pray the Holy Spirit works in his heart.

I will. Thankyou. 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes you just can't cast pearls before swine, 

You can only direct, plant seeds & pray at times Let the Holy spirit work, if they reject that is their choice, Down the track someone may water the seeds you planted.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Warning about Yoga. This is an occult system and is used as a base practice for many satanic groups. This philosophy has a direct correlation with the false teaching of the Kabbalah. It practices a form of astral projection that leads to the communion of demons under the disguise of spirit guides. The Shankara is a false initiation system into salvation. On the surface is seems innocent enough, but when you get into the actual teaching it is no different than occult initiation rights.  

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Melinda12 said:

For about 40 years prior to her death my mother both practiced and taught yoga as the wife of an Anglican Vicar, and this with with no opposition from the denomination's policy makers, no surprise there. She believed herself to be a Christian and maintained they were just doing the exercises in what is known as Hatha Yoga as distinct from Bhakti, Kundalini, and various other types. I strongly protested against even just the doing of exercises as I knew in my heart there was a demonic alignment taking place, the word yoga itself meaning "yoke" or "union". 

It is necessary to enter into spiritual warfare when coming against the demonic stronghold of yoga. Spiritual armour is essential (Ephesians 6). All sorts of ungodly manifestations can occur when an open door is given to principalities and powers of darkness but they are no match for a Christian whose thoughts are free from condemnation, whose heart is full of virtue, whose person is secure in truth, whose position is stable in Gospel presentation, whose defense against inflammatory attacks is their faith, whose offensive weapon of choice is the Word of God, and whose practice is to pray in the Spirit for all that is needed.  

Before her passing my mother received ministry that led to her being baptised in the Holy Spirit. I am comforted in this, all praise to God in Christ. 

Edited by Michael37
omission