IGNORED

will gays go to hell if they do not repent?

NathWChristian

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

42 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

Unequally yoked? No...it's an adult child. Cut them loose? I don't think so. How would that be 'loving them', if I were to do that? It would be me, acting out of judgment because of their lifestyle. They know I don't agree, and they know why- I've never condoned any of it. Look at the kind of people Jesus 'hung out' with...the lowest of the low...tax collectors (who were considered just scum back in the day...), prostitutes. Prostitutes! Mary Magdalene was one, yes...she repented of her sin, but Jesus didn't 'cut her loose' beforehand, or any of the rest of them, for that matter.

Love loves the unloveable.

Either they are an adult or a child .   IF it is your child , then raise them up in the ways they should go .   Be quick to correct and chasten .    If it is an adult

then you have already raised them .   IF we live , according to the pattern JESUS set ,  the separation will occur .    For if we remain grave , compassionate and teach the LORD

either they will hear and repent , OR they wont have a thing to do with you .  Believe me .    Every day and every time they are around you , preach Christ and correction .

Every time .   And watch ,  either they will repent or they will cast you out .    But if we just hug and all just get along , we save none and we fall away .

Love loves the unloveable ,   By correcting .  BY doing all to point to Christ , by correcting any error , for we desire their welfare .

IF that person dies in that ,   Then they will end up in the lake of fire .   IF WE LOVE we do all  Through both fear and compassion , with dire sense of urgency

to correct .   WE cant and don't love FOLKS to JESUS by barley saying truth and most of the time just getting along . NO , we must do all to point to Christ ,

to correct .    And if a believer heeds not correction , we separate till they repent .  And while we witness to all , WE are not to be unequally yoked .  We can witness and we must ,

but as JESUS said ,  if one hears not ,  shake the dust and move on .   And while we will still pray for them , we do separate from their company .  GOD is to be obeyed first and foremost .

LET us learn of HIM and not of men who have taught this false seeker friendly .  Let us learn the pattern JESUS taught and the apostels taught , following and obeying

THE SPIRIT .   And feast on the bible daily and for hours and learn and grow , bear fruit and mature , so that none will be deiceved by the slippery slopes and deciets

of men , whereby many have been deceived .     

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Frienduff, I understand what you're saying, and it's obvious you're speaking out of Christian love. When you say that if "a believer heeds not correction", well...we're not talking about a 'believer' in the literal sense of the word. We're talking about someone who is an adult- 30 years old. Someone who was raised in a Christian home, just like the prodigal son more than likely was...you know, the one who left home? This has nothing to do with my 'not raising them right', or however anyone wants to put it- I have six grown children. Of those six, two are believers and live the life...three used to be, one it's sort of debatable at this point. What I'm getting at, is this: these are grown adults who have their own personalities, their own path that God has put them on to follow, and their own decisions to make. If there is one thing I have learned throughout raising an entire family, the youngest who is almost 23...it's that you raise them to believe and know Jesus, the difference between right and wrong, etc.-but when all is said and done, they are the only one who can make the final decision. I firmly believe in the bible verse that says, "If you train up a child in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it". The thing is...it is now between themselves and God. I did my part- they know what I believe, they know wrong from right- there is some rebellion going on, and that too is between them and God. I have only recently realized that I cannot save them myself or force them to believe what I believe, the way that I believe it- as much as I wish that I could- and I need to get out of the way now, and let God be God, let Him work in their lives. I've realized that God is big enough to bring them back to where they should be, without my help at this point in their lives. As a parent, that has been a very tough thing for me to realize, let alone actually do. As parents, we are programmed to 'fix'. And when they are fully grown adults, it is no easy thing to let go of the habit.

I'm not playing the 'get along no matter what they are doing' game- like I said before, the one adult child knows full well how I feel about it, and why I feel that way- but I'm not going to just cut that child out of my life until they bow down and do what they are supposed to do, in my time frame. All that is going to do is completely alienate them and tell them that there is no love involved here, only rigid 'do what I demand that you do, or else'. I don't recall Jesus treating people that way, unless you count His dealings with the Pharisees, where He basically told them that their pious ways were hiding a lot of inner corruption and that their fault was greater because they claimed to know what they were doing. I'm thinking of Matthew 23:23-

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

Sin is sin is sin, I will be the first to admit that- tough love works in a lot of situations, but I don't believe that my situation is one of them- for me to raise up my hackles, so to speak, would give them the impression that I am...to put it very bluntly....a self-righteous, bible-thumping, holier-than-thou, intolerant whatever...they live among loads and loads of Mormons, so you can imagine what that is like, insofar as intolerance goes. Somehow, honestly? I just don't think Jesus would treat them that way- I think He would let them know that sin is sin, but I don't think He would turn His back on them because of it. And neither will I.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, NathWChristian said:

Obviously they will find it difficult to repent. You are telling them that they need to say no to almost everything they do to enter heaven.

The Bible only allows us to breath and eat.

Saying “ no” to all your pleasures is not the way to enter Heaven.Its not “ do do this and don’t do that”.To be saved, the only thing you must abandon is your unbelief.You do not repent of sins to be saved.Repentance for the sake of Salvation means to turn to God as a wretched, Hell deserving sinner who needs a Savior.That is what a contrite heart looks like—- it is soil ready to receive the seed of the Gospel.Believing thAt Gospel (1cor15:1-4) is what saves you as long as you do not add your works to it.Believe Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead and God promises He will save you.To continue in sin will be be begging to be chastised.Believe the Gospel for salvation....after that the behaviors you choose will determine if your walk with Jesus wil be a blessed one or a painful one. Your choice.God bless

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

8 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Revelation 22But the fearful and unbelieving, the abominable and the unbelieving, and murderers, an the wordmongers, sorcerers, and idolaters and liars, shall have their part in the lake of fire that burns forever. which is the second death.

That I believe to be law.  No one is justified by law, were all sinners.

1 John chapter 2 verse 2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew chapter 9 verse 13

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

So Jesus would rather we show mercy than to trust in his blood alone, which is for the sins of the whole world.

James chapter 2 verse 13

because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

James chapter 4 verse 12

There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

I've read or listened to the bible over 200 times, so I don't have a depraved mind, look at this.

Romans chapter 1 verse 28

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

3 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

Frienduff, I understand what you're saying, and it's obvious you're speaking out of Christian love. When you say that if "a believer heeds not correction", well...we're not talking about a 'believer' in the literal sense of the word. We're talking about someone who is an adult- 30 years old. Someone who was raised in a Christian home, just like the prodigal son more than likely was...you know, the one who left home? This has nothing to do with my 'not raising them right', or however anyone wants to put it- I have six grown children. Of those six, two are believers and live the life...three used to be, one it's sort of debatable at this point. What I'm getting at, is this: these are grown adults who have their own personalities, their own path that God has put them on to follow, and their own decisions to make. If there is one thing I have learned throughout raising an entire family, the youngest who is almost 23...it's that you raise them to believe and know Jesus, the difference between right and wrong, etc.-but when all is said and done, they are the only one who can make the final decision. I firmly believe in the bible verse that says, "If you train up a child in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it". The thing is...it is now between themselves and God. I did my part- they know what I believe, they know wrong from right- there is some rebellion going on, and that too is between them and God. I have only recently realized that I cannot save them myself or force them to believe what I believe, the way that I believe it- as much as I wish that I could- and I need to get out of the way now, and let God be God, let Him work in their lives. I've realized that God is big enough to bring them back to where they should be, without my help at this point in their lives. As a parent, that has been a very tough thing for me to realize, let alone actually do. As parents, we are programmed to 'fix'. And when they are fully grown adults, it is no easy thing to let go of the habit.

I'm not playing the 'get along no matter what they are doing' game- like I said before, the one adult child knows full well how I feel about it, and why I feel that way- but I'm not going to just cut that child out of my life until they bow down and do what they are supposed to do, in my time frame. All that is going to do is completely alienate them and tell them that there is no love involved here, only rigid 'do what I demand that you do, or else'. I don't recall Jesus treating people that way, unless you count His dealings with the Pharisees, where He basically told them that their pious ways were hiding a lot of inner corruption and that their fault was greater because they claimed to know what they were doing. I'm thinking of Matthew 23:23-

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

Sin is sin is sin, I will be the first to admit that- tough love works in a lot of situations, but I don't believe that my situation is one of them- for me to raise up my hackles, so to speak, would give them the impression that I am...to put it very bluntly....a self-righteous, bible-thumping, holier-than-thou, intolerant whatever...they live among loads and loads of Mormons, so you can imagine what that is like, insofar as intolerance goes. Somehow, honestly? I just don't think Jesus would treat them that way- I think He would let them know that sin is sin, but I don't think He would turn His back on them because of it. And neither will I.

It must be hard for you to believe in Hell at the same time you know 4 of your children are not saved yet.

I have an atheist brother and sometimes I feel like I want to stop being christian so that I could stop fearing he will end up in hell.

7 hours ago, NathWChristian said:

Obviously they will find it difficult to repent. You are telling them that they need to say no to almost everything they do to enter heaven.

The Bible only allows us to breath and eat.

WHEN WE COME to CHRIST those sayings in the bible don't seem as a burden .   THEY SEEM AS LIFE ITSELF and SUCH  AJOY to LIVE THEM .

The YOKE of JESUS is not heavy to those who are HIS ,  and what unrepentant men see as only a burden.  WE WHO are CHRISTS SEE as PURE JOY as honey to the taste .

FOR HAPPPY IS the one who hears and does .    OH I cant make it make sense ,  BUT Those who KNOW JESUS , they KNOW what  am talking about .   THE WORDS

in that bible , don't seem as rules ,  THEY SEEM AS JOY .     AND happy is the one who hears and does .    I just cant make it any plainer than that .   WHEN GOD changes

the heart ,   ITS WHOLE DESIRES CHANGE.       Man   ,  I gotta say ITS TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD .    LIFT Those hands up every sinlge one and JUST PRAISE THE LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Saying “ no” to all your pleasures is not the way to enter Heaven.Its not “ do do this and don’t do that”.To be saved, the only thing you must abandon is your unbelief.You do not repent of sins to be saved.Repentance for the sake of Salvation means to turn to God as a wretched, Hell deserving sinner who needs a Savior.That is what a contrite heart looks like—- it is soil ready to receive the seed of the Gospel.Believing thAt Gospel (1cor15:1-4) is what saves you as long as you do not add your works to it.Believe Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead and God promises He will save you.To continue in sin will be be begging to be chastised.Believe the Gospel for salvation....after that the behaviors you choose will determine if your walk with Jesus wil be a blessed one or a painful one. Your choice.God bless

WHEN WE COME to CHRIST those sayings in the bible don't seem as a burden .   THEY SEEM AS LIFE ITSELF and SUCH  AJOY to LIVE THEM .

The YOKE of JESUS is not heavy to those who are HIS ,  and what unrepentant men see as only a burden.  WE WHO are CHRISTS SEE as PURE JOY as honey to the taste .

FOR HAPPPY IS the one who hears and does .    OH I cant make it make sense ,  BUT Those who KNOW JESUS , they KNOW what  am talking about .   THE WORDS

in that bible , don't seem as rules ,  THEY SEEM AS JOY .     AND happy is the one who hears and does .    I just cant make it any plainer than that .   WHEN GOD changes

the heart ,   ITS WHOLE DESIRES CHANGE.       Man   ,  I gotta say ITS TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD .    LIFT Those hands up every sinlge one and JUST PRAISE THE LORD

Just a reminder .      But let all hear this too .  LUST CAN CHOKE THE WORD RIGHT OUT OF ONE .    And its why the early church exhorted daily

its why they corrected like no other .

LUST will kill the walk in Christ .     Cares and pleasures in life will choke it right out .    THERFORE let the exhorters exhort and warn and encourage ONLY MORE .

Let them remind only more .  LET all that has breath POINT TO CHRIST and remind BE YE HOLY FOR HE IS HOLY , stirring one another up to good works .

Reminding all ,   that we have all WE NEED IN CHRIST to overcome the evil and being grave and compassionate let everyone remind daily .  

For sin will surely harden a heart.    POINT TO JESUS and ALWAYS REMIND ALL to obey the SPIRIT , not the flesh .  FOLLOW CHRIST and do so faithfully till the end .

For some sure can , as peter said ,   have come , have tasted and have actually BEEN MADE PARTAKERS of the HOLY GHOST and still return to the pit

OH but that end is far worse .  FOR IT is better to have NEVER KNOWN , as in NEVER KNOWN the way of righteousness, THAN AFTER KNOWING IT ,  YES KNOWING IT

to turn from it .  SO LETS do as the early church ,  FOR GOD DESIRES NOT a single ONE of us to perish .  HE TRULY DONT .  But we better HEED HIM , obeying

THE SPIRIT within us .     NOW be encouraged . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Wise Jews under the strict demands of the Law saw the Laws as opportunities to be blessed, not as burdens to be endured.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/5/2018 at 5:35 AM, Still Alive said:

I think that whatever rules apply to heterosexuals practicing heterosexuality out of wedlock apply here. It's just a different sin.

It's more than a different sin, God says it's an abomination, ...why does He call it an abomination, because it destroys the type, the illustrating of the Sanctified, Holy Union between Christ and His Bride.

And before any one gets trigger happy and points out that Jesus is male and so are a part of His Church:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  Gal 3:28

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

Unequally yoked? No...it's an adult child. Cut them loose? I don't think so. How would that be 'loving them', if I were to do that? It would be me, acting out of judgment because of their lifestyle. They know I don't agree, and they know why- I've never condoned any of it. Look at the kind of people Jesus 'hung out' with...the lowest of the low...tax collectors (who were considered just scum back in the day...), prostitutes. Prostitutes! Mary Magdalene was one, yes...she repented of her sin, but Jesus didn't 'cut her loose' beforehand, or any of the rest of them, for that matter.

Love loves the unloveable.

Beloved, I understand you dilemma, I have two daughters that are currently lost and all the signs say the Rapture is imminent.

If I understand you correctly, are you saying he were raised in a Christian home? If this is correct them may I humbly present a question that you might ask him, ...in love, ask him,  ...if he finds anything better than what you have, a relationship with the Living God, then ask Him to please come back and tell you,

...statistics show the gay lifestyle has the highest numbers of depressed people, very high percentage of murders and suicides, ...and we know he can't find anything better than what we have. 

Since you have a mother's love for your son, then pray for him to not have any rest or peace until, as the prodigal, he returns to the Lord.

Lord Bless

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1